autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Onr not taking dirt off or is it road film that it just can’t get off?

My towels will do that same thing with ONR on our cars for rinseless.

Like someone else said you are essentially applying ONR to the vehicle then wiping off the dirt encapsulated water with your drying towel. So it makes sense to have dirt on it. Cause you are removing it

This is a forum of super cautious over the top wash procedures. But you are using it as it is intended. It is OK to wash a dirty car with ONR. If you need a refresher look for some of Yvans videos of some dirty cars. Lots of other people post videos of cleaning cars that are already clean and go on about snow foams pre washes 3 or more buckets etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you want the car to actually be clean
    You need to Prewash with an acid based product followed by a alkaline based APC then your ONR

Post Thanks / Like

My boy Joey Love I. Hawaii does ONR I believe and then acid(IGL Delete) and it still comes off black like that

Post Thanks / Like

I see what your saying but I’m wiping it with the drying towel only after I’ve already taken the dirt off with the onr, like I can take a towel with onr wipe the panel and have it full of dirt then take another clean mf wipe the same panel and it be totally clean, then spray some beadmaker on the same panel wipe with my drying towel and the towel be black

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this got me thinking a bit. The whole "Applying ONR" as Yvan has said. Is ONR the only rinseless product that you're "applying " the product vs wiping it off? Sorry if that reads funny, not sure I worded it well. That being said I've never heard a phrase like "applying ONR" when people talk about other RW products. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Reading this got me thinking a bit. The whole "Applying ONR" as Yvan has said. Is ONR the only rinseless product that you're "applying " the product vs wiping it off? Sorry if that reads funny, not sure I worded it well. That being said I've never heard a phrase like "applying ONR" when people talk about other RW products. Thoughts?

Yeah sorry I’m just dipping the towels in the onr solution bucket and wiping the panel then applying beadmaker and drying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bgates222 View Post
    Yeah sorry I’m just dipping the towels in the onr solution bucket and wiping the panel then applying beadmaker and drying

Sorry my comment wasn't specifically aimed toward you it was just a general comment/observation.

8. Likes Bgates222 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I understand what you’re saying, you are using the first towel that is soaked with ONR to wipe the dirty panel, after that, the towel has picked up some of the dirt, and there is still ONR on the panel. Then you spray BeadMaker on the wet panel as a drying aid/protective layer and then wipe with a drying towel. And it is the second towel that is dirty.

Is that accurate? If it is, then it makes sense that the drying towel is dirty. The first towel is not going to pick up all the dirt on the panel. The ONR that is left on the panel has encapsulated the dirt still remaining on the panel and the second towel is going to pick up the ONR/dirt, so the towel is going to look dirty.

I thought you were applying BM on a panel where the ONR was applied and dried already.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this entire thread comes down to this:

Rinseless washes are great. I use them just about all summer after my full correction and LSP application, which is key to the success of the RW's.

After you apply a good LSP, a RW will keep it clean after a short drive in the rain, or minor dust/dirt.

Anything more than that, and I believe you are asking more of a RW than it is designed for.

For example, I would never use a RW to deep clean my paint before I intended to machine polish. The pads (aka the drying towels in the OP's post) would be full of dirt afterward.

I use all rinseless wash's as an "in-between", and I really do love the speed and convenience.

But, they are what they are.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see what your saying but I’m wiping it with the drying towel only after I’ve already taken the dirt off with the onr, like I can take a towel with onr wipe the panel and have it full of dirt then take another clean mf wipe the same panel and it be totally clean, then spray some beadmaker on the same panel wipe with my drying towel and the towel be black

You may have some dirt left that ONR did not wash off. And the carrier product in BM desolves it. So IMO you need to be doing a bucket wash or even a decon wash. As soon as you notice a little dirt when you apply the BM next time it's followed wash should be a bucket wash. Or if really anal about it do a panel and if the BM does the same setup a bucket wash.

Optimum has showed some combos to use with ONR. To get an extra cleaning ability from it. Think it's Optimum Power Clean they use in combo with ONR. Or if you even can be pretreat with a diluted OPC and ONR solution before the rinseless wash.

Have not to this date done a rinseless wash LOL. So just what I have been noticed on the forum and YT. Have tested waterless wash on a hood and door jambs with Carpro EcH2O. It has a great cleaning ability from the little I have used it. Don't know how it is vs ONR. But would think that you have differences between different rinseless wash and waterless washes as between the car soaps. Also the wash media you are useing when you rinseless wash and waterless washes have an impact on the cleaning ability just like in bucket washes. Maybe try another rinseless wash and see if it's the cleaning ability from ONR that's lacking?

/ Tony

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast