autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Onr not taking dirt off or is it road film that it just can’t get off?

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    Are your towels picking up that “dirt” all over the car or just on certain panels? Do you live or work in an area where there is a lot of construction or fallout?

I’m wondering if Beadmaker has some sort of solvent that is breaking down either the layer of road grime that has embedded itself on the last application of Beadmaker or maybe even the previous layer of Beadmaker itself that has the the grime in it.
    That’s what I was thinking maybe the beadmaker is breaking down the dirt, I live in nyc and most of my driving is highway but don’t live or work in any industrial place but who knows what left on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Look at it this way.

When you are using ONR, you are only applying product. Thus when you wipe dry, you are removing product and dirt/grime.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    This seems to be a pretty common complaint with ONR - dirt showing up in the drying towel, or staining of the wash media with the dirt that it does pull off.

While I was using it, I would notice the same thing. Even if it’s doing it’s encapsulation job, I ended up moving away from ONR for rinseless washing.

For customer cars at work (auto repair, not detailing), I do still use it for miscellaneous interior trim/switchgear wipe downs, and I really like it for cleaning under hood plastics. Again, I’m not going full out detail crazy, but after performing repairs under hood I like for the customer to see that the car was cleaned with intention.

I use it at home for cleaning floors.
    I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but do you have a towel around that ONR permanently stained? I just finished of my last gallon of it a couple days ago, and I can’t ever recall it actually staining any of my towels.

They don’t seem to release the dirt very easily if i was to agitate it across a grit guard or with my fingers - other rinseless washes (wgurw, uww+, n914) seem to do better at that aspect. But since I mostly use the BRS, that’s not really a factor anymore. I find the only time I stain towels is when I use them for something like door jambs or wheels.

Every time I use another rinseless wash I find myself gravitating back towards ONR and I honestly couldn’t tell you why. Maybe just because I think it smells the best of the ones I’ve used. I like the others, but I just always reach for that blue sweat potion.

Post Thanks / Like

Since no one else is really having a problem that I’m having I guess I’ll have the car polished and then once I have a clean surface to work with try something from there thanks for the input fellas much appreciated

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You cannot expect pH neutral soaps to remove built up traffic film. Use something stronger. I use purple power boat vehicle wash for that purpose. (NOT the degreaser, that's a different product)

Post Thanks / Like

When my truck gets really dirty, (including driving in rain) I will always wash with a regular car soap. Meg's HyperWash is great. One of the best cleaning soaps I have tried. JMO

When it is just a little dirty, that's when I break out my Rinseless. I have ONR, and it's very good. I like Wolfgang Uber better though. JMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indyz View Post
    You cannot expect pH neutral soaps to remove built up traffic film. Use something stronger. I use purple power boat vehicle wash for that purpose. (NOT the degreaser, that's a different product)
    Yes I just picked up a bottle of that, will it take off any sealant or wax or anything like that ? Do you use it with your regular soap or stand alone ? Thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It will strip old waxes / sealants.

If you wash your car with it several times, I think it will remove the wax. I use it extremely diluted, though, about 2 oz in 2 gallons water. It will depend on how concentrated you use it. I'm still experimenting with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to put it in my foam gun so I guess I’ll have to experiment also , but I use beadmaker as a drying agent so that will help add some protection afterwards

Post Thanks / Like

ONR has stained the grout sponges that I used to use.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast