autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fastest working polish?

SMAT non diminishing abrasives I think does diminishing in the way when you have come to a point the edges of the abrasives gets rounded and less effective. DAT is shaped or in cluster and is diminishing with the polishing cycle to get less abrasive as you go. And the cluster DAT can be a mix of SMAT and DAT. Useally it's more abrasive in the beginning and when the cluster is diminished it's a finer SMAT abrasive that keeps burnishing or jeweling until it's gets unsharped.

Carpro abrasives is very fast working for being a diminishing abrasive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    After more reading I just basically confused myself. What's some of the fastest working polishes? In terms of not having to do X amount of passes to clear up the paint. Or having to do X amount of passes to break down the polish. I think that would be a SMAT polish, right? That being a polish thats very very fine...?

Looking to clean up some water marks, light swirls, brighten up the paint and light marring. Not looking for car show quality paint, it'll never stay perfect.
    Lmaoo if we all had that attitude we wouldn't have a forum... I'm just kidding but I def have the opposite attitude. I think even if I had an 87 nissian sentra with only one good panel I'd still be trying to get it show car perfect.

Anyway how about meguiars D300 or Griots correction creme? I believe both are SMAT and can remove moderate defects while still finishing down OK. Probably finish down like a 7.50/10 on my scale

Post Thanks / Like

Can I use this to just do a quick go over, or will it haze up if used too fast? I have a DA with LC flat pads
    If you want to just do a quick go over a cleaner wax is your best bet. You can apply to the whole car then buff off as opposed to a typical polish that needs to be buffed off after every individual section. That's a huge time saver right there. You're not going to fix any serious defects though so how bad is your paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Lmaoo if we all had that attitude we wouldn't have a forum... I'm just kidding but I def have the opposite attitude. I think even if I had an 87 nissian sentra with only one good panel I'd still be trying to get it show car perfect.

Anyway how about meguiars D300 or Griots correction creme? I believe both are SMAT and can remove moderate defects while still finishing down OK. Probably finish down like a 7.50/10 on my scale
    Honestly I'm past that in life. It'll never stay perfect and I don't have the time to dedicate for a car that sits outside. Doing what we do makes our cars looksl 1000 times better than the average Joe's car, so I'm happy with that . My last truck is obsess over, not this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    If you want to just do a quick go over a cleaner wax is your best bet. You can apply to the whole car then buff off as opposed to a typical polish that needs to be buffed off after every individual section. That's a huge time saver right there. You're not going to fix any serious defects though so how bad is your paint?
    It's not bad at all. It's a new truck, so just like swirls and some stained paint from hard water drips it looks like

Post Thanks / Like

It's not bad at all. It's a new truck, so just like swirls and some stained paint from hard water drips it looks like
    That new pinnacle souveran jewling wax is pretty damn good and supposedly it has decent correction power on a polishing pad. I will try to post pics of my car after using it for you later. It works great as advertised.

I'm def still at the OCD stage on a car that's far from a show car. I'm only starting on my 4th year detailing right now though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12