autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mercedes Benz C300 Questions

My wife has a C300...It's a 2015 I believe...paint code 755. I washed, then clayed it. The paint is in great shape other than some small scratches on it from being a daily driver, as well as a few water stains, a few small etchings, and some very light scratch/marring type lines probably from improper washing. I did a test area with Wolfgang TSR 3.0 using a LC orange pad and it didn't even hardly do anything. It took a few light swirls out but some of the other marring lines and the scratches/etchings it didn't touch. It's apparently not a ceramic paint. I've got some Griot's Boss Fast correcting cream and a few heavier cutting pads on the way to test. I'm wondering if I should send the Griot's back and get some Menzerna? I did try out a 3" microfiber pad on the small etching spots and it removed them mostly. I can still see a faint trace of them.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C300 Questions

i have a similar problem with my 2017. I have a porter cable w/ orange pads and m105. I was able to compound out alot of swirls, but not to my satisfaction. maybe like 60%. I am an amateur, but i swear i would have to do 20 passes with the porter cable to match what i can accomplish with 5 passes on the flex 3401. I just bought the flex 3401 since i wasn't getting the results i wanted. After another 3-4 passes on the flex 3401, i am like 85% correction. This led me to conclude that machine also plays a huge factor in getting the outcome you desire.

But anyways, to answer your question, a more powerful machine and/or a more powerful cutting pad will help. My next test is going to be with the flex 3401, lake country blue hybrid wool foam w/ menzerna fg400. hope this heps.

3. Likes nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=PointClickKill;1637491. My next test is going to be with the flex 3401, lake country blue hybrid wool foam w/ menzerna fg400. hope this heps.[/QUOTE]

If that doesn't do it..a file might be in order.

5. Likes PaulMys, nprotz, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fast correcting cream is great. Should be enough if pared with a proper pad.
    Bruno Soares

7. Thanks nprotz thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna on Mercedes paint will work great.The Griots should also go slow with a cutting pad.Let the compound and pad do it’s job.You will need a finishing polish after your done cutting

9. Thanks nprotz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PointClickKill View Post
    i have a similar problem with my 2017. I have a porter cable w/ orange pads and m105. I was able to compound out alot of swirls, but not to my satisfaction. maybe like 60%. I am an amateur, but i swear i would have to do 20 passes with the porter cable to match what i can accomplish with 5 passes on the flex 3401. I just bought the flex 3401 since i wasn't getting the results i wanted. After another 3-4 passes on the flex 3401, i am like 85% correction. This led me to conclude that machine also plays a huge factor in getting the outcome you desire.

But anyways, to answer your question, a more powerful machine and/or a more powerful cutting pad will help. My next test is going to be with the flex 3401, lake country blue hybrid wool foam w/ menzerna fg400. hope this heps.
    Same here. I’m an amateur just starting out but, dang, I did one section twice with at least 8 passes and didn’t even phase it. Let me know how the flex and the wool pad works out

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Fast correcting cream is great. Should be enough if pared with a proper pad.
    What pads would you recommend? I have a LC gray thin pro heavy cutting pad coming to try out. Maybe LC or Griots microfiber or a wool pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nprotz View Post
    What pads would you recommend? I have a LC gray thin pro heavy cutting pad coming to try out. Maybe LC or Griots microfiber or a wool pad?

Griots fast correcting microfiber and the padded microfiber work very well. IMO a little better than the LC MF pads. Although they too work well. Depends on the paint at times.

We have the LC purple foamed wool as well and all I can say is WOW!

We have the LC gray thin pro and IMHO it was useless. Slung a lot too if i remember correctly.

Best of luck

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

13. Thanks nprotz thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nprotz View Post

I think the grey pad is way too stiff and hard to use. If orange isn’t enough I would use microfiber instead of foam and then follow up with a finishing polish on a white foam pad.
    Bruno Soares

15. Thanks nprotz thanked for this post
    Likes Goonie75, PaulMys, nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I think the grey pad is way too stiff and hard to use. If orange isn’t enough I would use microfiber instead of foam and then follow up with a finishing polish on a white foam pad.
    Mercedes Benz C300 Questions This!.. Mercedes Benz C300 Questions

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

17. Likes nprotz liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast