autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Longest lasting slickness LSP?

Hi guys,
    what is in your opinion the wax or sealant that keeps its slickness for the longest by its own (no quick detailer/spray wax to boost it after wash)?

I mean, there are lots of paint sealants/waxes that are extremely slick once applied but after few washes they start to lose it dramatically.

I just love how the slickness of the paint helps your wash mitt gliding during the wash stage and makes bird bombs and other contaminants way easier to remove.

Thank you!

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longest lasting slickness LSP?

Collinite!
    Jim

3. Likes pwoptima liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Thank you for your feedback!

Collinite 845?

I was told Finish Kare 1000p was really good at keeping its slickness. Does Collinite 845 hold it better?

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Sealant; Jescar Powerlock.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard the new hi def paint sealant from M37 is damn near top contender now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Hi guys,
    what is in your opinion the wax or sealant
    that keeps its slickness for the longest...

I mean, there are lots of paint sealants/waxes
    that are extremely slick once applied but after
    few washes they start to lose it dramatically.
    •In regards to what wax or sealant keeps
    its slickness for the longest...
    -Would it be at all possible for you to list
    the paint Sealants/Waxes that start losing
    their initial slickness after a few washes?

TIA.

[I’d really hate to re-list any of those particular
    products on my ‘opinion-submission-posting’.
    IMO: except for backup/fail-safe systems,
    redundancies are usually unnecessary/useless.]

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845/915/476, M37 Hi Def and FK1000 all very close in this regard - from personal experience with all of them. I would say M37 provides the most initial slickness but only by a hair - and that the Collinite products retain the slickness the longest of the products I have used.

ScottH

9. Likes acuRAS82, pwoptima liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •In regards to what wax or sealant keeps
    its slickness for the longest...
    -Would it be at all possible for you to list
    the paint Sealants/Waxes that start losing
    their initial slickness after a few washes?
    Sure!
    I'll try to be clearer

Basically until now I've always used sealants that are Si02 based or somewhat "ceramic" (or at least lots of people call them so), like Car Pro Hydro2, Tac System Moonlight, Angelwax Ti22 (even if it's titanium based and not Si02), Dodo Juice Future Armour and I've tried the Fusso Coat too.
    I've noticed that these kind of protections are good when maintained and washed frequently (every 2 weeks more or less) but when they start to accumulate dirt and grime it seems that they hold it and they don't rinse off clear at all, moreover water and rain spots.

None of them is really that slick, exepct for maybe Fusso Coat, which is, imho, terrible in dirt accumulation.

Lately unfortunately I am not able anymore to wash every 2-3 weeks, so I've tried using polymer based products (old school, but still!) and, even if water repellency is not fast compared to those listed above, they surely seem to keep the car cleaner (moreover water/rain spots).
    I've started using rinseless washes too, which I'm loving more and more, and I do love indeed washing with ONR and using Optiseal/Car Wax/Instant Detailer as drying aids, and they seems to add lubricity while drying and slickness too.
    I've got some Duragloss 931 and Wolfgang Uber Rinseless that I use as quick detailers/drying aid and they clearly add more slickness as well. So does Finish Kare 425, which really helped to keep the car cleaner and slick.

So, what I'm actually looking after is a LSP that plays nicely with rinseless washes (maybe polymer based?), lasts several months, rinses off as cleaner as possible and that can hold its own slickness as well, in order to help the wash media/towels gliding better and safer.

I've read about Jescar Powerlock (even if I would be able to get the Menzerna Powerlock, since in Europe it's hard to find the Jescar) and Collinite 845, which seems to be a nice famous "combo" in US, even if recently a friend of mine suggested me to try Finish Kare 1000p too.

Instead, I didn't really like Duragloss 105/601, which imo was not that slick and its gloss was a bit sterile too.

Last question that I always wondered: would it be possibile to use DG 601 Bonding Agent with the Menzerna Powerlock?

Thank you very much to anyone.

Very appreciated guys.

Post Thanks / Like

AlexD, pretty much all of the sealants people have listed play very well with waterless washes you mention. The only one I haven’t used to confirm is FK1000P.

Just to clarify above, I think you’re saying that although SiO2 LSPs bead and self-clean well in the short term (maybe u didn’t say this but I’m adding it in), you’re noticing that when left unwashed for periods of time (over the longer term), grime, water spots, etc. seem to plague the SiO2 LSP more so than old-school sealants.

I think the above is because of the tiny pits and pores in SiO2 protection can accumulate this grime and that’s why people use CP Reset to deep clean the coating and get the characteristics back.

Sealants don’t seem to have this problem as the polymers might create a smoother, albeit less “hard” surface. In my experience, sealants and waxes (especially sealants) tend to keep their normal behavior including slickness for their 3-6 month lifetime and I swear that once they wear away, the grime attached to it disappears with it. In other words, my opinion is that as the sealant layer degrades, the grime on that layer goes away with it. Plus with RW and WW, sealants are real easy to quickly clean.

In summary, I see what you’re trying to do and it makes perfect sense based on my experience and beliefs. The above is only my beliefs though, these aren’t set-in-stone facts by any means.

12. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    AlexD, pretty much all of the sealants people have listed play very well with waterless washes you mention. The only one I haven’t used to confirm is FK1000P.

Just to clarify above, I think you’re saying that although SiO2 LSPs bead and self-clean well in the short term (maybe u didn’t say this but I’m adding it in), you’re noticing that when left unwashed for periods of time (over the longer term), grime, water spots, etc. seem to plague the SiO2 LSP more so than old-school sealants.

I think the above is because of the tiny pits and pores in SiO2 protection can accumulate this grime and that’s why people use CP Reset to deep clean the coating and get the characteristics back.

Sealants don’t seem to have this problem as the polymers might create a smoother, albeit less “hard” surface. In my experience, sealants and waxes (especially sealants) tend to keep their normal behavior including slickness for their 3-6 month lifetime and I swear that once they wear away, the grime attached to it disappears with it. In other words, my opinion is that as the sealant layer degrades, the grime on that layer goes away with it. Plus with RW and WW, sealants are real easy to quickly clean.

In summary, I see what you’re trying to do and it makes perfect sense based on my experience and beliefs. The above is only my beliefs though, these aren’t set-in-stone facts by any means.
    Excatly! My same thoughts and experience. Moreover about the fact that when that particular sealants is "gone", the dirt and the grime attached to it go away with it as well.

The only sealant that I've tested that has really awesome water repellency and beading and that seems to not suffer about that "dirt stick" problem is Sonax Polymer Netshield + Sonax BSD, which are indeed polymer based as well, but, unfortunately, their slickness is really really low and BSD is not that nice to apply after wash, moreover on soft and sticky paints.

14. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast