autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do black cars really need products specific for black paint?

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    “Black soap” isn’t really a thing, to my knowledge. I think it was sarcasm.
    Oh, haha! I'm such a newb that I actually Googled it.

As for good waxes/sealants/coatings (last step products or “LSPs”) for your situation... There’s so much out there so it may be hard to choose right now, but the positive is that there’s a ton of great choices. It’s almost hard to go wrong these days. So don’t fear that you may accidentally pick something “bad”. I don’t think that will happen if you follow the guidance of the new and old posts from members on this site.
    The number of choices really are overwhelming, but I've learned so much already in just a couple of weeks that I cringe now to think of how I used to wash my cars! Dish soap, one bucket full of dirty water, scrubbing with a dirty wash mitt then wiping dry with bath towels, or worse, going to a self-service car wash and using the brush there, ack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM
    A darker deeper carnuaba glow look or a sharper high gloss. So also personal preferences comes to play.
    This is a good point, I'm trying to picture both on my car. With black, I'm probably leaning toward a deeper glow but it will definitely be trial and error until I find what looks best to me.

2. Likes SWETM, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think this may be the case, 'color-specific' product or not. Have had 3 different coatings on my black daily driver since 2017, each had a slightly different 'look' to it. First one had a kinda 'thick', molten gloss look to it, Second had better depth, a bit less sharpness & 'reflectivity' but a warmer glow to it and the latest on is *very* reflective. The latest coating *looks* cleaner from 5 ft away than the other 2 did when I haven't washed it in a while although up close it is still somewhat 'dirty', a relative term in the eyes of an OCD-ish person.

I'd say that to the average person who watched the 3 over that time, they would say the 3rd coating 'keeps the car cleanest for the longest period of time between washes' even though the dirt accumulation is likely equal among the 3 given similar circumstances.

It's almost like the increased sharpness and reflective nature of the 3rd coating visually 'burns' through any light dirt on the surface.
    And 3rd coating is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Do black cars really need products specific for black paint?

M205 is a favorite to many here, and is a great starting polish. I myself started with it (actually Ultimate Polish, but basically the same).
    In your opinion, which polish is worlds better than Meguiars M205? [not Ultimate Polish]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    And 3rd coating is?

22ple HPC, Kamikaze Miyabi/ISM & SPS Graphene.

I believe 2017 the black Corvette started the Summer with WG Uber, then Feynlab Ceramic for a bit and then finally ended the season w Kami Miyabi/ISM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    In your opinion, which polish is worlds better than Meguiars M205? [not Ultimate Polish]

I’m not sure I’d call anything “world’s better”, but I’ll reach for any of my PBMG finishing polishes (or Mckees Fast Polish) over UP for the simple fact they wipe off easier and don’t leave specs of polishing dust in every nook and cranny.

UP is also very oily so I tend to not use it prior to “finicky” LSPs. The oils do leave a nice shiny finish though.

Note I did use M205 years ago when I started polishing but traded it to my neighbor when I realized UP was essentially redundant (or I consider them to be from early usage and reading MOL).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silvaria View Post
    Oh, haha! I'm such a newb that I actually Googled it.

The number of choices really are overwhelming, but I've learned so much already in just a couple of weeks that I cringe now to think of how I used to wash my cars! Dish soap, one bucket full of dirty water, scrubbing with a dirty wash mitt then wiping dry with bath towels, or worse, going to a self-service car wash and using the brush there, ack!!!

This is a good point, I'm trying to picture both on my car. With black, I'm probably leaning toward a deeper glow but it will definitely be trial and error until I find what looks best to me.
    Sure they make black soap they make everything someone may buy

Chemical Guys Blacklight Hybrid Radiant Finish Car Wash Soap

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123