autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated - Blackfire One Step makes a newb not feel like a newb...amazing product

Updated - Blackfire One Step makes a newb not feel like a newb...amazing product

First of I wanted to thank everyone on AGO and Mike Philips for the help i received, i COULD NOT have done it without everyones input and help!

I'll try to keep this short and to the point.

Details:
    2015 Acura TLX - Black Pearl

Issue:
    I previously (2-3 weeks ago) used a non-AGO AIO for correcting minor swirls, hairline scratches, and was looking for an increase in overall clarity and shine. I used a HF DA with CG White Pads and one or two LC Orange Pads. I used the same non-AGO SIO2 as the LSP. Everything looked good after i was finished, i was very pleased with my work (especially for a newb) until on Tuesday or Wednesday when i walked outside at work around 1:00-2:00 and saw what turned out to be micro-marring on the hood, i could see my polishing pattern through out the hood...I was mortified, I wore the Scarlet Letter!! After further inspection, the trunk lid, doors....all we're trashed (my words).

I turned AGO for help, and help i received from everyone and Mike P, they diagnosed it promptly. Mike P said he would trade my product for his, i had no idea what he was sending but i trusted him and Saturday morning my product was on it's way via Fed-Ex. I spoke to Mike on Monday, it was very cool to speak to him, telling stories about some of his clients that you would think would be very conscious about how their cars looked but we're filled with swirls and everything else imaginable, these are cars we've seen them on TV too!! Ok...back to my issue!

To my surprise, I received Blackfire One Step on Friday along with Mike's autograph book....wow! When we spoke on Monday, he gave me some product recommendations, which of course i purchased that day....Sonax PNS. I also purchased six LC White Pads and the Scangrip Mini-Match Light (very cool light...expensive, yes but well worth it if you're doing any correction in your typical garage.

Time to Work
    I started with the basic wash on Saturday morning to beat the sun from baking the car. I didn't need to be Clayed, the paint since the paint was still very smooth from the previous detail about two months ago...the front end got a quick Claying with the Blackfire Clay Mit since it was a little rough.

I started with with a test spot on the hood, sectioned off a square and used four "nickel" sized drops of BF One Step using a LC White Pad. My speed on the DA was on five, did six passes....two across, two up and down, and two more across....there were no words...just utter amazement on what I was seeing!!!

Sun Test

Backside of Trunk before and after

More before and after...and a dork!

The finished product...

I intentionally parked both side of the car in the sun. The finished product also includes Sonax PNS

The stars of the show were the Blackfire One Step, 12 LC White Pads over two days (used 1 orange on the front bumper, and 1 black to remove some tape), Scangrip light is a must have, and lots of towels!

Again, thank you to everyone!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks bofh, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, bofh, VISITOR, lane5515, SWETM and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated - Blackfire One Step makes a newb not feel like a newb...amazing product

Glad to hear you got this figured out. Amazing what better products can do right? So many options available now and people have a hard time deciding. Often they opt for one they've heard of because some companies do a good job with marketing. And then they are disappointed.

When I was about to do my first car years ago I first thought of Chemical Guys. Loaded my cart at Amazon with their pads and polishes and was ready to order. Then decided to ask around. Was told to come here and learned about much better products. Changed everything was about to do, didn't buy a single CG product and started with Wolfgang TSR, FG, DGPS. Very happy with those results.

The folks here are friendly and knowledgeable, you'll learn a lot if you stay active in this forum. The only problem is you might become a little obsessed. I walk around looking at everyone's paint and keep thinking in my head that it could be so much better if people cared and learned about car detailing.
    Bruno Soares

4. Likes ssnimrod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated - Blackfire One Step makes a newb not feel like a newb...amazing product

Excellent outcome; looks great! Thanks for sharing!
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing the story and all the pics. Really came out wonderful. Keep up the great work!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

You, my friend are a quick study. Great results!

Post Thanks / Like

Wozers! That black paint looks proper now! The BlackFIRE AIO is top notch for sure.

Thanks for sharing the story. Enjoyed the read.

Post Thanks / Like

You're on your way!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

BF One Step is amazing. I used up all the samples I received from AG over the last 2 months and placed an order for (2) 32 oz bottles yesterday. Like you, I used it with amazement on a black car (BMW in this case) with a feeling of true satisfaction in the end. Because BMW paint can be hard, I used an orange pad vs. your white, and it finished down amazingly well, and all this was done in the sun to really "test" the product.

You did a great job by the way!!! Now go soak your pads - BF One Step isn't the easiest to remove from the pads.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet work. Nice to see the smiles too!

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work and write up and pictures!

That is an amazing finish you got on your car! And liked your thorough write up and pictures to tell the great story.

And for what it's worth I have seen a review of the product you used before. It seems to be a PIA to dial it in and is not suited on softer paints. So even the pros have a hard time to get results from that product. But seems to be great when you have got it dialed in on a paint with a lot of defects and medium to hard clearcoat. Think it's just was not a product for your paint to get a quality finish on it.

The BF One Step really made a great job on your car. Seems to be a high quality product with a great user friendlyness.

Nice of Mike to offer you the deal you got.

The great inspection light from Scangrip is worth it to control what you have to work with and how your work goes and gets. Well worth the extra cost. I tried many other lights before I got mad and got a Scangrip Sunmatch v1. Would have been better to do as you did and get it right away.

/ Tony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast