autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated - Blackfire One Step makes a newb not feel like a newb...amazing product

Sorry for all of the replies...haven't figured out how to combine all the post into one!!

I have to agree with Mike and a lot of other people that it's the abrasive technology that is probably the most important...or at least in my case since i'm still learning. Also, the other things I've learned in using a DA and Detailing my car is patients, concentration, trusting the process/plan, knowing your limitations, having the correct products on-hand and don't start until you do...there's a lot more to list as well.

Also, to the Professional Detailers that do this for a living, I have no idea how you can function when you get home! When I finished Sunday night (took two days...combining for about 11+ hours) , I just sat on the edge of the sofa, completely exhausted, afraid if I tried to stand up I would face plant into the coffee table, arms, abs, shoulders, back were not wanting to move anymore...of course my wife laughing at me!!! I'm 53 years young, try to work out 4-5 days a week for the last 8 months but wow...what a workout, my abs are still sore! I have a new found respect for all of the professional detailers out there for the craft that they've mastered over the years and the physical punishment you go through!

Thank you
    Jay

2. Likes ssnimrod, PaulMys, Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated - Blackfire One Step makes a newb not feel like a newb...amazing product

Jayfro no longer NOOB, nice work, I’m sure you got a lot of satisfaction after completely the paint correction, again nice job thanks for sharing !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Thanks Jayfro thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You did a really nice job, Jay.

Looks GREAT!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

I have to agree with Mike and a lot of other people that it's the abrasive technology that is probably the most important...or at least in my case since i'm still learning.

The more cars you buff out and the wider variety of "brands" you use, (compounds, polishes and cleaner/waxes, the three things with abrasives in them), the more you will come to find out, the most important factor is,

What's touching the paint

The picture in this article tell the story....

Abrasive Technology - THE most important factor when it comes to polishing paint

In the above picture of my buddy Jeff Bell buffing on the trunk lid of a neglected 1969 Ford Thunderbird.

Here's what you see IN ORDER of what touches the paint.

1: The first thing you see "touching" the paint is the compound.

2: On top of the compound is the buffing pad.

3: Behind the buffing pad is the tool.

4: And the last factor in this process is the person behind the tool.

And these pictures show what bad abrasive technology does to your car's paint

Pictures of Micro-Marring - DA Haze - Tick Marks - Compounds - Polishes - AIOs - Clearcoat Paints

Medium micro-marring

[QUOTE=Jayfro;1637153]

Also, the other things I've learned in using a DA and Detailing my car is

1. patients,
    2. concentration,
    3. trusting the process/plan,
    4. knowing your limitations,
    5. having the correct products on-hand and don't start until you do...there's a lot more to list as well.

Well said.

I would also add KNOWLEDGE - getting good, accurate information is just as powerful, in not more powerful than any tool you can purchase.

Here's something I wrote that talks about your "knower" (brain)

Detailers that hang out on discussion forums know more than detailers that don't...

Also, to the Professional Detailers that do this for a living, I have no idea how you can function when you get home! When I finished Sunday night (took two days...combining for about 11+ hours) , I just sat on the edge of the sofa, completely exhausted, afraid if I tried to stand up I would face plant into the coffee table, arms, abs, shoulders, back were not wanting to move anymore...of course my wife laughing at me!!!
    Detailing is hard work. I've always belonged to gyms and swam to stay in shape and recommend the same to others.

If you don't use it you lose it. And sometimes even when you do use it you lose it. -Mike Phillips

I'm 53 years young, try to work out 4-5 days a week for the last 8 months but wow...what a workout, my abs are still sore! I have a new found respect for all of the professional detailers out there for the craft that they've mastered over the years and the physical punishment you go through!

Thank you
    Jay

Completely agree.

Pro detailers earn their keep.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123