autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated - Blackfire One Step makes a newb not feel like a newb...amazing product

Are you sure you're a newbie?! Great job!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Re: Updated - Blackfire One Step makes a newb not feel like a newb...amazing product

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

First of I wanted to thank everyone on AGO and Mike Philips for the help i received, i COULD NOT have done it without everyones input and help!
    You done did good!

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

And I see you obtained the TapaTalk App to share your pictures. I just created a brand new article to show others how they can do this also moving into the future.

The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

Thanks for your trust and thank you for sharing. Now when you get a chance, pay-it-forward and share this forum with your friends.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

And for what it's worth I have seen a review of the product you used before. It seems to be a PIA to dial it in and is not suited on softer paints.

So even the pros have a hard time to get results from that product. But seems to be great when you have got it dialed in on a paint with a lot of defects and medium to hard clearcoat. Think it's just was not a product for your paint to get a quality finish on it.
    Could be.... I believe abrasive technology used in a product is the MOST important factor while most others say it's technique. One thing I know however, in most cases, when a product uses crappy abrasive technology all the technique in the world won't make the abrasive technology somehow now good.

It's the abrasive that touch the paint - not technique.

But there is some truth that some products don't work well on soft paints for example, I think most of us have read for years how Meguiar's M205 will tend to micro-mar soft paints. But again - this is related to the abrasive technology, not technique.

By the way, whatever happened to WATER POLISHING with M205?

The BF One Step really made a great job on your car. Seems to be a high quality product with a great user friendlyness.
    BLACKFIRE One Step is for the most part - Bubba-Proof. I do believe there could be some super soft paints where NOTHING will work perfect, I know, been there and done that but those are the exceptions, not the rule.

Nice of Mike to offer you the deal you got.
    I have a history of doing this type of thing on this forum and actually back in the day on the MOL and even Autopia forums.

When I see a person new to machine polishing experiencing micro-marring - I can feel their paint, errr... I mean I can feel their pain....

I've never used the product he started out with, but when I get time I'll give it my normal test I use for other companies product when I'm asked to do compound and polish testing. I figured since he was already using an AIO that the BLACKFIRE AIO would undo the damage caused by the first product and get his car's paint back to where he wants it to look so I took a chance.

The great inspection light from Scangrip is worth it to control what you have to work with and how your work goes and gets. Well worth the extra cost. I tried many other lights before I got mad and got a Scangrip Sunmatch v1. Would have been better to do as you did and get it right away.

/ Tony

I agree. I like the Scangrip tools so much I've written a LOT of articles for this company just to share quality tools with others that prefer quality over cheap.

All my SCANGRIP Swirl Finder Light articles in one place - Mike Phillips

I didn't know about the new Scangrip light until Jay shared it in this thread. Weird how I learn about new products like you all learn about new products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Glad to hear you got this figured out. Amazing what better products can do right? So many options available now and people have a hard time deciding. Often they opt for one they've heard of because some companies do a good job with marketing. And then they are disappointed.

When I was about to do my first car years ago I first thought of Chemical Guys. Loaded my cart at Amazon with their pads and polishes and was ready to order. Then decided to ask around. Was told to come here and learned about much better products. Changed everything was about to do, didn't buy a single CG product and started with Wolfgang TSR, FG, DGPS. Very happy with those results.

The folks here are friendly and knowledgeable, you'll learn a lot if you stay active in this forum. The only problem is you might become a little obsessed. I walk around looking at everyone's paint and keep thinking in my head that it could be so much better if people cared and learned about car detailing.
    100% agree with you with becoming obsessed, I think my wife is calling all of my friends, family, and coworkers to have an Intervention, not sure where they would drop me off though!!!

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    BF One Step is amazing. I used up all the samples I received from AG over the last 2 months and placed an order for (2) 32 oz bottles yesterday. Like you, I used it with amazement on a black car (BMW in this case) with a feeling of true satisfaction in the end. Because BMW paint can be hard, I used an orange pad vs. your white, and it finished down amazingly well, and all this was done in the sun to really "test" the product.

You did a great job by the way!!! Now go soak your pads - BF One Step isn't the easiest to remove from the pads.

ScottH
    Scott...thank you for the compliment. My next project is my wife's "newer" 2016 BMW X3 that we purchased last week, the saving grace is that it's white and it's hers!!!

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    You're on your way!

Tom
    Thank you Tom....I really admire your work and almost went a Pseudo Blackfire Wet-Ice over Fire (using one step) based on your work, even as of Saturday night when the car was only half way completed i was having 2nd thoughts, maybe on the next go round!

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work and write up and pictures!

That is an amazing finish you got on your car! And liked your thorough write up and pictures to tell the great story.

And for what it's worth I have seen a review of the product you used before. It seems to be a PIA to dial it in and is not suited on softer paints. So even the pros have a hard time to get results from that product. But seems to be great when you have got it dialed in on a paint with a lot of defects and medium to hard clearcoat. Think it's just was not a product for your paint to get a quality finish on it.

The BF One Step really made a great job on your car. Seems to be a high quality product with a great user friendlyness.

Nice of Mike to offer you the deal you got.

The great inspection light from Scangrip is worth it to control what you have to work with and how your work goes and gets. Well worth the extra cost. I tried many other lights before I got mad and got a Scangrip Sunmatch v1. Would have been better to do as you did and get it right away.

/ Tony
    It was odd because I already did the car a few weeks earlier with the product but on the 2nd time to try to fine tune it...well it didnt go well...the Pad was possibly different, used a CG White pad since it didnt have the LC White Pads...that wont happen again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    Are you sure you're a newbie?! Great job!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much...i think this was the 4th time having a DA in my hands! 1st, 2nd, and 4th time went well....3rd time not so much!! I'm on to my Wife's X3...starting this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike...just like I've said and really mean...there is NO WAY that I could've gotten the results I did without the AGO Community and you....and Blackfire One Step! I think I know what i did on the original posting that didn't post properly using the Wooden Box (i cant remember who said that in referencing Tom posting pics...but damn thats funny and i use it everyday now!)

11. Likes ssnimrod liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Mike...just like I've said and really mean...there is NO WAY that I could've gotten the results I did without the AGO Community and you....and Blackfire One Step!
    Love to hear a success story!

I think I know what i did on the original posting that didn't post properly using the Wooden Box (i cant remember who said that in referencing Tom posting pics...but damn thats funny and i use it everyday now!)

Copy that... TapaTalk is handy as heck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast