autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax PNS Cure Time

I couldn’t find anything on the Forums, hence my question.

The “plan” is to apply PNS later this afternoon when I finish correcting with BF1 but the forecast for this afternoon and tomorrow morning is heavy rain. The car will not be driven today so it will stay in the garage.

Should I wait until later in the week to apply or should I go ahead and apply this afternoon?

Thank you very much.
    Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax PNS Cure Time

1hr of dry should be fine. Even Cquartz as a ceramic is 1hr.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

YouTube

According to this Sonax Youtube video, there is no cure time for PNS.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s instant. Once you wipe off excess, you are good to go!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information. I applied it last Sunday and it initially looked outstanding, on Monday morning I did notice a few high spots, not many and it was very easy eliminate. I think/pretty sure the issue was the climate, during the application there were thunderstorms rolling through not mention the humidity was around 90-95% and temperature was about 95 degrees prior to and after thunderstorms...this is pretty typical for Houston weather. I am very pleased with the results though...!

Thank you,
    Jay

Mike Phillips

Here's what I know and I've used this a bunch and also worked with Jason and Rob at SONAX...

Wipe on to a section at a time. If you have good skills and great towels, you can probably apply to an entire panel at one time.

Wipe off is immediately after application.

Cure time = none according to Jason and SONAX.

Here's my rule of thumb for ALL LSP products, be they a Carnauba Wax, Nu-Finish, Synthetic Sealants or anyone's ceramic, polymer or quartz coatings.

After wipe-off - wait 24 hours before getting the car wet. Getting the car wet means,

• Driving in the rain.
    • Wiping with a detailer, waterless wash, rinseless wash.
    • Or washing the car.

That is what is called...

A good rule of thumb

It allows for a WINDOW OF TIME to pass for whatever the MAGIC INGREDIENTS are to do their thing.

Why?

Because you and I cannot shrink ourselves down to the sub-atomic particle size and then walk around on the surface of the paint to visually SEE if all the magic ingredients are done doing their thing.

So... we wait.

We wait for a WINDOW OF TIME - 24 hours - and in that window of time whatever magic is going to happen HAS HAPPENED and it's time to move on in life.

Make sense?

And you can apply the above rule of thumb to any company's products BECAUSE there's no HARM in waiting 24 hours before getting the surface wet i.e. putting the car back into service. (except your own personal life schedule)

Sure you might be able to use Brand X on your car and put it back into service in 23 seconds after wipe-off, I'm just saying that there's no harm in waiting for some time to pass for whatever the magic chemistry is that the unique chemist created for the product has all the time it needs to do what it's going to do so the product will have the best chance to perform at it's maximum potential.

Please someone - take the above paragraph and try to argue against that logic.

So borrow the above rule of thumb or don't - it's your car, your money, your work and your time.

7. Likes Ochnob liked this post