autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Acid baths" for ceramic coatings that have been on for 6 months plus???

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I don't think so. It was made to be a maintenance soap that leaves nothing behind to interfere with the coating. It's not going to remove heavy road film.
    I think that all of this is kind of funny; a wash mitt should remove road film. Did we somehow convince ourselves the OP isn't going to touch his car while washing it? Honestly, I've only used it once, and don't remember what it was like using it and I only mentioned it because I have two full bottles of the stuff and just read-up on it recently. If you use it & like them, you can have them; just pm me.
    "Gently removes road film, dirt, and grime from exterior surfaces

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is a specially formulated shampoo that is designed to gently release dirt and grime without damaging the underlying coating – ie: Cquartz or any other quartz-based nano coating. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is extremely concentrated; only an ounce of shampoo is required for an entire 5 gallon bucket of water! CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo creates mounds of thick suds that rinse cleanly off the vehicle.

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is formulated with intelligent pH surfactants that give Reset the cleaning ability of a alkaline-based detergent, without compromising the water beading or protection of the underlying coating. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo will not alter the water beading or sheeting characteristics of the underlying coating.

Benefits of CarPro Reset:
    Developed for use with all CarPro Nanotechnology Sealants and Coatings including Reload, Hydro2, and CQuartz.* .
    No gloss enhancers, No polymers, No wax inside.
    Intelligent pH Surfactants provide a strong cleaning and foaming action, whilst remaining mild and pH-Neutral (7) in use."
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I think that all of this is kind of funny; a wash mitt should remove road film. Did we somehow convince ourselves the OP isn't going to touch his car while washing it? Honestly, I've only used Reset once, and don't remember what it was like using it and I only mentioned it because I have two full bottles of the stuff and just read-up on it recently.
    From AutoGeek:

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is a specially formulated shampoo that is designed to gently release dirt and grime without damaging the underlying coating – ie: Cquartz or any other quartz-based nano coating. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is extremely concentrated; only an ounce of shampoo is required for an entire 5 gallon bucket of water! CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo creates mounds of thick suds that rinse cleanly off the vehicle.

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is formulated with intelligent pH surfactants that give Reset the cleaning ability of a alkaline-based detergent, without compromising the water beading or protection of the underlying coating. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo will not alter the water beading or sheeting characteristics of the underlying coating.

Developed for use with all CarPro Nanotechnology Sealants and Coatings including Reload, Hydro2, and CQuartz.* .
    Intelligent pH Surfactants provide a strong cleaning and foaming action, whilst remaining mild and pH-Neutral (7) in use."
    Yeah but the road film is not the purpose when doing a decon wash. And what I got out of it was that he did not have a big problem with any contaminants specific. Cause if you have a problem with 1 or more contaminants that I described how to remove. The use with any of the chemical products mentioned will be very much more effective if you aggitate them. So in my case it was more like doing maintance decon wash. The difference for me would be if I where to be aggitate with them it would have been washed first with Reset and a wash media.

In my environment you need to be useing a tar remover during the winter months more often and sometimes at every wash. Yeah it's that much of tar spots here during the winter months here in Sweden. Some would be able to get off when washing. But it's no fun at all to get tar in your wash media of choice. So the pretreatment with a tar remover and clean rinse it off with a PW is to prefer.

Here you have a tar remover working on one winter wash

Here you have how it looks on wash 1 month later.

So very much depending on the environment you live in and if you have any contaminants that is accumulate more than others. Also the iron partical build up is higher during the winter months. We also have a high content of lime in our waters in many places. So a coating even when deconed with the tar remover and iron remover still can be showing degrading on the water behavior. And when you use a water spot remover the water behavior comes back. This can be done by the use of an acidic prewash foam or with an acidic car soap that has come out in some places. Or just use oxalic acid diluted weakly and apply before the wash and this is the cheapest option. Acid also helps you desolve iron particals and industrial fallout so with some products the iron remover is not needed. But it's quite heavy dilution for the acid to be fast reaction as the bleeding iron removers is today.

I think it's a smart way to keep your coating behave at a high behavior with doing a decon wash every 6 months or so. Because sometimes I think that people claim their coating done. When it could actually just be clogged up so the water behavior is looking very degraded. So for some the coatings is going to be lasting longer for them. And the use of an iron remover as the only decon chemical. Is pretty unusefull if you have other contaminants than iron particals and industrial fallout. So that's why it's good to use a mix of different decon chemicals. And also use them before you get a heavy build up of something of them. That can degrade the coatings before it should be happening.

But hey this is just my opinion and with experience in the environment I live in. And this is just not coating based but happens on sealants and waxes too here.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that all of this is kind of funny; a wash mitt should remove road film. Did we somehow convince ourselves the OP isn't going to touch his car while washing it? Honestly, I've only used it once, and don't remember what it was like using it and I only mentioned it because I have two full bottles of the stuff and just read-up on it recently. If you use it & like them, you can have them; just pm me.

Its normal for people to find things funny when they don't understand the topic and it goes against their own common sense. I think you should read mikes article about road film and what it is to get a better understanding of the topic.

It's obviously up to you but in short No, A wash mitt will not remove 6 months plus of road film and or contamination. Even if you wash it bi weekly the answer is still no.

This is the article I think you should read You will find it very informative.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ight=road+film

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this sorry for the double reply but my analogy would be that Nugenix(if you've seen the commercials?) "says" their product if full of "man boosting" ingredients that will raise a mans testosterone but that doesn't make it so.

Marketing departments say a lot of things.

Post Thanks / Like

I go acid route depending what I have stocked either MDR or diluted meguiars wheel brighter my reasoning is the acid not only removes iron which is in the minority of the junk that is on a coating a majority of the stuff in my area is hard water minerals such calcium or iron the acid is a two birds one stone approach tacking them both out leaving on tar on the coating which I spot treat. Opti MDR is amazing at cleaning a coating.Ifyour like carpro use spotless

Post Thanks / Like

"CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo is formulated with intelligent pH surfactants that give Reset...

I guess that description you found doesn’t match the SDS then. In there they indicate 8.5 to 9. I guess once diluted it reaches something closer to pH neutral but the product itself is not really neutral.

https://www.carcarefreaks.eu/wp-cont...Reset-MSDS.pdf
    Bruno Soares

7. Likes fightnews liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    I go acid route depending what I have stocked either MDR or diluted meguiars wheel brighter my reasoning is the acid not only removes iron which is in the minority of the junk that is on a coating a majority of the stuff in my area is hard water minerals such calcium or iron the acid is a two birds one stone approach tacking them both out leaving on tar on the coating which I spot treat. Opti MDR is amazing at cleaning a coating.Ifyour like carpro use spotless
    I applied PA cosmic a few weeks ago. Everything went great until I applied the cosmic spritz at the recommended time. It left a hazy film under the sun lights. It was going away if I wiped it off fast enough. I just washed the car with reset and noticed that hazy film is still on the first panel I did before I fully noticed it.

Ive seen this before with other products. Sometimes it clears up, sometimes not. Any ideas on what might remove this? I tried a little panel wipe but I didn't want to go crazy on it because I was outside.

It seemed to help but IDK? Any ideas? I'll prob email polish angel and ask them whats going on. They will prob just blame me but whatever

Post Thanks / Like

I joined Autogeek more than a few years ago, but not too long ago. What I have learned, and I have a lot more to learn for sure, is that harsher chemicals clean faster, but have a huge downside of compromising the lifespan of the product it is cleaning. Personally, I wouldn't want to spray my car with an acid that's strong enough to dissolve iron, even if I was thoroughly prepared to immediately to dry the vehicle and rehydrate the plastics & rubber components touched by the acid bath.
    As I pay more attention, I am becoming more willing to pay extra money for smarter cleaners that are not as harsh, but are similar in cleaning ability. Out of all of the products you have mentioned, I like the P21S Total Auto Wash. In its description, it seems to describe to be able to handle tough jobs. It might take two tries.
    In Mike's article, he describes road film as something that can only come off through polishing. Now, I had a different idea in mind & was picturing something less staining in your OP. If it is true road film, and Mike says to polish, then where does that leave you? I don't see spraying your car in acid as something that will leave you happy, but it might.
    Edit* I just remembered that Klasse AIO says you can add some of it to your wash bucket to boost your soap's cleaning power.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I applied PA cosmic a few weeks ago. Everything went great until I applied the cosmic spritz at the recommended time. It left a hazy film under the sun lights. It was going away if I wiped it off fast enough. I just washed the car with reset and noticed that hazy film is still on the first panel I did before I fully noticed it.

Ive seen this before with other products. Sometimes it clears up, sometimes not. Any ideas on what might remove this? I tried a little panel wipe but I didn't want to go crazy on it because I was outside.

It seemed to help but IDK? Any ideas? I'll prob email polish angel and ask them whats going on. They will prob just blame me but whatever
    How long did you let the Cosmic Spritz sit before wipe it off?

I'm not sure about the acid bath would fix this. If it's dried on Cosmic Spritz. Or is it that you think it was not clean enough before application of the Cosmic Spritz?

Post Thanks / Like

I joined Autogeek more than a few years ago, but not too long ago. What I have learned, and I have a lot more to learn for sure, is that harsher chemicals clean faster, but have a huge downside of compromising the lifespan of the product it is cleaning. Personally, I wouldn't want to spray my car with an acid that's strong enough to dissolve iron, even if I was thoroughly prepared to immediately to dry the vehicle and rehydrate the plastics & rubber components touched by the acid bath.
    As I pay more attention, I am becoming more willing to pay extra money for smarter cleaners that are not as harsh, but are similar in cleaning ability. Out of all of the products you have mentioned, I like the P21S Total Auto Wash. In its description, it seems to describe to be able to handle tough jobs. It might take two tries.
    In Mike's article, he describes road film as something that can only come off through polishing. Now, I had a different idea in mind & was picturing something less staining in your OP. If it is true road film, and Mike says to polish, then where does that leave you? I don't see spraying your car in acid as something that will leave you happy, but it might.
    Edit* I just remembered that Klasse AIO says you can add some of it to your wash bucket to boost your soap's cleaning power.
    Iron removers are essential. I could see the orange rust spots on my black hood before I decontaminated it. I also saw them disappear. Have u never used an iron remover on your car?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast