autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpet Protector?

Searched to no avail, so.........

What are you folks using to protect the carpets, and is there even such a thing?

Car is brand new with Tan carpets and I have installed Weathertech liners, but odds are a dirty shoe is still going to find a non linered spot at some point. Rather be safe than sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet Protector?

http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Weathertechs in my 11 year old, 100,000 mile Sienna and the carpet looks new. I too have tan carpets. Tan hides a lot of light dirt and stains. I only shampoo my carpets once a year and it takes about an hour. I have been very happy with Optimum’s carpet and fabric cleaner and protectant. Great economical product!

I like Bob’s idea of 303, but with Weathertechs you probably aren’t going to need it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Weathertechs in my 11 year old, 100,000 mile Sienna and the carpet looks new. I too have tan carpets. Tan hides a lot of light dirt and stains. I only shampoo my carpets once a year and it takes about an hour. I have been very happy with Optimum’s carpet and fabric cleaner and protectant. Great economical product!

I like Bob’s idea of 303, but with Weathertechs you probably aren’t going to need it
    Problem is that the liners do not go up as high in a car as they do in any of my trucks. It only goes up to the bottom of the dead pedal and about half way under gas pedal. So it’s pretty easy to get a greasy toe print above the liner. Don’t know why they are like that and I actually prefer Husky liners, but they do not have nor have plans to make any for the new A6.

Oh, and when I say tan, it’s a really light colored tan. Wish it was black, but it is what it is.

Might have to check out that 303 (but in the new formula) as it seems to be what I am looking for.

6. Thanks Audios S6 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

303 fabric guard rocks....years of protection...like scotch guard on roids.

Post Thanks / Like

Mequiar's D102 is what I have used in the past on tan carpeting and liked the results .
    It was in a Cadillac Escalade w/ deep pile carpet , nice color for any season other than winter .
    I had never heard of the 303 , sounds popular though , i might even get it to see how it works .

Post Thanks / Like

So , I was reading about the 303 Stain Guard on the Gold Eagle website and noticed this..

"WARNING: Do not use on vinyl, plastics, rubber, fiberglass, or finished leather. Protect these and other surfaces from overspray while using. Wipe up overspray immediately."

So, I went to the customer service section and asked the following:

303 Stain Guard question.............. In the "about product" info, it states not to get the product on plastics, etc. I have Weathertech floor liners and want to know if once the 303 Stain Guard is applied and left to dry for 24 hours, can I then put the liners back in the vehicle or will it react badly even when dry?

Basically, will the dry product make the black thermoplastic(?) material run, stain, soften, or otherwise cause it to do anything that will ruin my very light tan carpets?

That statement was odd enough for me to question the product. Imagine if the 303 reacted with the thermoplastic and stained the carpets? Anyone care to tackle this question? I'm guessing it won't do anything, but who knows.

Only problem is that the page just said "processing" and I don't believe the question actually got thru. I will call tomorrow and ask the same thing, but I would rather have it in writing.

Post Thanks / Like

•The majority of today’s modern automotive’s
    carpetings are also made from thermoplastics.

•To that end:
    -I’ve never personally have had (nor seen,
    or heard of) any of 303’s fabric protection
    products be a source of any exo/endo-thermic
    reactions—whether they be good, or otherwise.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet Protection

Had to pipe in regarding 303...have used it extensively on my cars and boat too for carpet protection and never had an overspray problem or any adverse reactions.

The marine stuff works *really* well for exterior waterproofing too. -- days after a rain there are still puddles on our covers. For bulk applications I use a garden sprayer, which helps a lot on large cover jobs or for boat carpet protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast