autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrid type cut/polish

I am on my last few drops of my 3D One. Are there better hybrids out there? I love the 3D, but was curious of what others are using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hybrid type cut/polish

This is a little older polish and compound. But think that Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube have recently done a video about it. It's made for rotary polisher but could work good on a DA.

Meguiars Solo Cut & Polish Cream #86, meguiars Professional polish, one liquid system, meguiars M86, meguiars 86

Otherwise what I have used a little is from a brand sold on AGO before and not now. And these kind of hybrid could also be called one step compounds. There are also some medium cut polishes that could also be in the range of polish and compound. But then they can be a little to much aggressive on softer paints. Menzerna PF2500 and GG BOSS Correcting Cream and Sonax Cut & Finish is a few that works very different on the pad choices. Then you can get away with the Menzerna HC400 and GG BOSS Fast Correcting Cream with one step on certain paints with defects that can be polished with a pad that don't get you micro marring. Almost forgot to mention Carpro ClearCut that also finishes quite good on some paints.

Post Thanks / Like

I've now compared Menz HCC400 to Sonax Cut & Finish and they are both remarkable. They both cut pretty good but like Tony said, they have different effects depending on the pad used.

I think the Sonax was developed for rotary use but worked just fine with my Flex...then again, it is direct driven.

You can extract near LSP ready finishes from both of these products.

I WILL be doing a test of Griot's FCC very soon. Some of the folks I highly respect here say it's good stuff.

4. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    I've now compared Menz HCC400 to Sonax Cut & Finish and they are both remarkable. They both cut pretty good but like Tony said, they have different effects depending on the pad used.

I think the Sonax was developed for rotary use but worked just fine with my Flex...then again, it is direct driven.

You can extract near LSP ready finishes from both of these products.

I WILL be doing a test of Griot's FCC very soon. Some of the folks I highly respect here say it's good stuff.
    The Sonax Cut and Finish and Cutmax is made for being both used with DA and rotary polisher. It's the Perfect Finish that is made with the rotary in mind. But has been proven to work excellent on a DA polisher too.

With the newer medium cut polish or light cutting compounds. It's much on how they are finishing on a finishing pad to light polishing pad. And also I think that most don't try this out and I'm one of them LOL. But with the great abrasive technology that most polishes has now days it could be worth a try with these polishes. To see if anyone of them could be a hit in this case too. Useally you would reach for the polish or finishing polish when this could be handle by the medium cut polish or light cutting compounds just as well. Think it's dlc95 that uses Menzerna PF2500 this way on the finicky paints he finish polishing.

6. Thanks Paul A. thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the further info, Tony. Great point about varying the pad choice with some of these "super" compound/polishes. I use Menz 400 on a white LC pad sometimes to get a balance of cut and finish on some paints.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post