autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are we making things worse by using multiple products for topping up?

Off-topic, but I sure do enjoy Bob's haiku's.

2. Likes RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Off-topic,
    but I sure do enjoy Bob's haiku's.
    Thanks...

There once was a lot FUN to be had
    When composing in the “limerick thread”.
    But now I must report (Oh, ‘tis sad):
    What ‘twas once so alive, is now so dead!

"G R E A T" Idea for next contest

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Me personally? Keep it simple silly (KISS)…. Wash, decon, protect. My cars are polished, Erasure wipe-down, CQUK 3.0 applied, stick a fork in it. For others, AIO, then sealant, stick a fork in it.

I don't see or understand the concept of topping... If you are using a sealant, I can see using a QD (Polymer / Carinuba) mix QD as a wipedown after maybe every other maintenance wash.

For my CQ vehicles, every six months they get Reload after a wash..... KISS...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This is the reason I don't go topper crazy on my personal coated cars. Takes away from the performance of the coating if topped to often.

Ech20 at 1:20 seems to be the best thing as it does not last that long and does not hinder the performance of the base layer coating.

Try adding Ech20 at 1:20 into your wash regiment as a drying aid. It is not really a topper for the above mentioned reasons. Plus Ech20's characteristics is to add gloss and slickness as a versatile waterless wash, which is great over CQUK 3.0. Also Elixir is better than Reload in my experience.
    Same for me. I don't want to top my coating and then experience inferior performance. I'd prefer a coating that doesn't last as long than me having to top it like crazy and know the coating is there but not giving me its benefits because I keep putting stuff on it.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I just use toppers that have the characteristics I like as a stand alone. Freshly apply cosmic or kamikaze performs better than any sealant I’ve ever used. Those and Ech20 will be only things my coated car sees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    I don't think these products just sit on top. I think they blend in, creating a who knows what.
    About 6 weeks ago I came to this conclusion myself. Decided to give BeadMaker a try, super slick and glossy, applied on top of my BSD treated Lexus. So hit the Sequoia with BF One Step and topped with BM... not really slick at all. Stopped halfway thru and sprayed Megs Ultimate Quik Wax over rest of the Sequoia... much, much better slickness and gloss. I could go on some more, but let's just say that products do seem to interact with each other and can sometimes produce less-than-desired results.

It's been 8 months since the Lexus has seen my GG6, so in the not too distant future, I plan on doing a little decon, BF AIO, IPA wash, then PNS... and every other wash I'll throw on some BSD, like I've been doing before trying the BM.

Combining different products seems to really affect the performance of the stuff we use, but I will say that PNS and BSD do seem to work really well together, or maybe all I'm seeing (and loving) is the performance of the BSD.

8. Likes RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought this way for ways about all the bad chemists out there.....a little is good. More is not better.
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12