autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You can either tape off your trim,
    or be VERY careful around it.

Otherwise, and because we are all human,
    a wax remover and complementary brush
    will do the trick.
    ^^^ ...Either do this ^^^

•or you can “dress the trim” before
    you start applying the FK1000P.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application

Thanks. What's a good wax remover that actually works

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Thanks. What's a good wax remover that actually works
    PRE Wow will work wonders and also works on a variety of other things..

If you need something now
    Carpenter pink eraser

Post Thanks / Like

Also durability to me is what resistance spectrum of s product, how much abuse it can take from the PH scale

Longevity is what most people are after

For paste type products
    Finishkare FK1000
    Fusso
    Collenite double coat

For a spray
    Polish Angel Hi Gloss
    Angelwax Corono

Their coming coat and Cosmic are stupid easy to install and lasts long too(advertised as a coating but applies like any wax/sealant creme)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a large bottle/jug of Meguiars Synthetic Sealant #21

Is it all that bad of a product ???? Before I spend More $$$
    on ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamarosRus View Post
    I have a large bottle/jug of Meguiars Synthetic Sealant #21

Is it all that bad of a product ???? Before I spend More $$$
    on ?????
    M21 is OK, I have the same big jug (64oz). There’s a lot that’s better though. It doesn’t seem very durable. Beading only lasts a few weeks and is mediocre at best. Shine and filling are nice but also disappear in a few weeks (for me). The protection may last much longer (?) but the good qualities seem to die fast.

Honestly, if I didn’t have a lot of better products and re-applied M21 every 3-4 weeks and/or combined with D156, it would be happy enough.

7. Likes MichmM4 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application

Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. Don’t laugh just try it. Unbelievable durability. $5.99 Walmart. Get it before price goes up because it likely will. I’ve used Wolfgang and others but this beats them all. I’m in shock. Oh and you can check out Apex Detail’s YouTube review if you want to see how tough this stuff really is. I’ve stocked up and it’s actually now on backorder from Amazon and Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes MasterBlasterII, TTQ B4U, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak to the durability yet (although others say 6 months easy) IGL Premier looks great, very hydrophobic, a d it incredibly easy to apply. Only downside is it's expensive. It's been on my car a little more than 2 months and I've seen no decline in hydrophobic characteristics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    It has been awhile since I purchased a sealant. The last one that I purchased was Blackfire Wet Diamond which I thought worked fairly well but I'm out of it now.

I've read a lot of good things about Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and am thinking about giving it a try. Does it fit my specified criteria? This will primarily be used on our daily drivers.

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish also has some appeal due to the extreme ease of application (seems to be the leader in that category?).

Open to any and all recommendations and would love to know your preferred method of application for whatever product you recommend.

Thanks for your help.
    Polish angel master sealant going by your criteria

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichmM4 View Post
    Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. Don’t laugh just try it. Unbelievable durability. $5.99 Walmart. Get it before price goes up because it likely will. I’ve used Wolfgang and others but this beats them all. I’m in shock. Oh and you can check out Apex Detail’s YouTube review if you want to see how tough this stuff really is. I’ve stocked up and it’s actually now on backorder from Amazon and Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    This right here.

Adds gloss, slickness, very durable, does not stain trim, can be used on windows and trim, simple and fast to apply, and cheap.

I'd like to see some long term testing of Ice seal n shine vs powerlock, fk1000p, 476s. Likely all similar.

13. Likes MichmM4 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234