autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application

It has been awhile since I purchased a sealant. The last one that I purchased was Blackfire Wet Diamond which I thought worked fairly well but I'm out of it now.

I've read a lot of good things about Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and am thinking about giving it a try. Does it fit my specified criteria? This will primarily be used on our daily drivers.

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish also has some appeal due to the extreme ease of application (seems to be the leader in that category?).

Open to any and all recommendations and would love to know your preferred method of application for whatever product you recommend.

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    It has been awhile since I purchased a sealant. The last one that I purchased was Blackfire Wet Diamond which I thought worked fairly well but I'm out of it now.

I've read a lot of good things about Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and am thinking about giving it a try. Does it fit my specified criteria? This will primarily be used on our daily drivers.

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish also has some appeal due to the extreme ease of application (seems to be the leader in that category?).

Open to any and all recommendations and would love to know your preferred method of application for whatever product you recommend.

Thanks for your help.
    I think you would be better off with Mckees High Def paint sealant. It's a newer techology and I think a better finish. They sell a small bottle

3. Thanks JJH thanked for this post
    Likes JJH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application

It says paste wax on the label, but it is actually a “paste sealant.” Checks all of your boxes:

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

5. Thanks JJH thanked for this post
    Likes JJH, Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 111.

Old tech that seems to be destroying the newer sealants.

7. Likes Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll second both WDGPS and the 111

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

WG, M37 High Def, PBL Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

I've also had excellent results with FK 1000P and Duragloss 111.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Powerlock is a good one to look into. Jescar Powerlock is the same product too.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Polymer Net Shield gets my vote.

13. Likes custmsprty, Kamakaz1961, RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Polymer Net Shield.

Super easy and fast to apply by hand and easily lasts 6 plus months with neglect.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield

If you choose to make it last longer top it off after every other wash with this:

SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer, quick detailer, detail spray

and wash with this:

SONAX Gloss Shampoo Concentrate, concentrated auto shampoo, car shampoo, car wash, Sonax auto wash

Wait till AG has a 25% off sale, they have them all the time.

Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application-20170304_143553-jpg

Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application-20170304_143806-jpg

Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application-20170304_143726-jpg

Sonax Shampoo:

Sealant product recommendation: Looking for durability, longevity, hydrophobic properties, appearance, and ease of application-sonaxshampoo2-jpg
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

15. Likes boosteddub69, RPPM, ifadey liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast