autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

Well, after two light uses (tonneau cover and headlights) the thing stopped working. As soon as it hits the surface the thing stops. Display is still on but that’s it. Goes through speeds 15-40 however it will not do anything.

I’m amazed at the lack of information online about these polishers and this will most certainly be my last. I’ll save up for a much better quality product.

It came with two weird looking metal pieces which I’m assuming are fuses. But no clue on where they are in the machine. Glanced over the manual and it’s not mentioned from what I saw. Googled it and I couldn’t find any info.

What a POS lol. Can’t handle 30 square foot of paint and a set of Hyundai headlights TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

Where’d you purchase it from?

Post Thanks / Like

Those 2 thingy would be the brushes for the electric motor in the polisher.

Return it on warrenty if you have that left.

Post Thanks / Like

Anecdotal I'm sure, but I've done probably 100 six step headlight restorations with mine and it's still going strong. I did have to replace the plug on the power cord because it caught fire about six months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

visit their website and contact them, maybe they can help you out... torqtoolcompanydotcom

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this.

Whenever I buy anything, (hand tools, yard equipment, and yes, a polisher) I need a guarantee that it will not let me down within a short period of time.

Craftsman and Snap-On tools have it, Troy-Bilt has it, and Griot's has it. (There are many others, I know...... not starting a brand war).

Researching not only the product and reviews (subjective to say the least), but the companies warranty policy is key in my opinion.

Price shopping (i.e "cheaping out") works in many, many areas in life. Tools and equipment are not one of those areas. JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes FUNX650, VISITOR, oneheadlite, irvsmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to my Griot's Garage Boss G15. They told me to replace the brushes... I have been lazy about this, I still need to do it Give it a try, might fix it for you.

My Torq 10FX has been my work beast for almost a year now. Not a single hickup so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Contacted amazon. They said I’m #### out of luck as it’s past 30 days.

They tell me to contact manufacture and provide a link to chemical guys. They say they won’t help me as it’s an amazon purchase. So I’m just getting bounced from company to company. I’ve been pretty loyal to chemical guys and pretty much only use their products. Well they can suck it.

TORQ tool company seems obscure and I couldn’t even find a phone number. They haven’t responded to email.

Seems like CG as TORQ are same company ?

Either way, last TORQ and last dealings with CG. I’m loyal to a fault sometimes and when I get f^%cked I move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreak623 View Post

They tell me to contact manufacture and provide a link to chemical guys. They say they won’t help me as it’s an amazon purchase. So I’m just getting bounced from company to company. I’ve been pretty loyal to chemical guys and pretty much only use their products. Well they can suck it.

TORQ tool company seems obscure and I couldn’t even find a phone number. They haven’t responded to email.

Either way, last TORQ and last dealings with CG. I’m loyal to a fault sometimes and when I get f^%cked I move on.
    Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but a lifetime warranty from a reputable company is hard to beat.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreak623 View Post

Ya... Torq is very likelly a chineese company... so I would not expect any real support. Mine came with a booklet explaining the warranty... did you have a look at that? There is very likelly a phone number and adress on that. If it's under a year old, it is covered by a warranty for sure, just need to find out how to proceed with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast