autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but a lifetime warranty from a reputable company is hard to beat.
    The Torqx polisher has lifetime warranty? Never knew that..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    The Torqx polisher has lifetime warranty? Never knew that..
    I think he’s referencing griots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreak623 View Post
    Contacted amazon. They said I’m #### out of luck as it’s past 30 days.

They tell me to contact manufacture and provide a link to chemical guys. They say they won’t help me as it’s an amazon purchase. So I’m just getting bounced from company to company. I’ve been pretty loyal to chemical guys and pretty much only use their products. Well they can suck it.

TORQ tool company seems obscure and I couldn’t even find a phone number. They haven’t responded to email.

Seems like CG as TORQ are same company ?

Either way, last TORQ and last dealings with CG. I’m loyal to a fault sometimes and when I get f^%cked I move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but a lifetime warranty from a reputable company is hard to beat.
    Where did he get Griots polisher from any of that? Idgi.

@OP. Have you even tried to change the brushes yet? If I were you I’d call CG and ask them how to change the brushes. Nevermind anything else or whether it’s past 30 days... Change the brushes 1st and see if that fixes it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Sorry to hear this.

Whenever I buy anything, (hand tools, yard equipment, and yes, a polisher) I need a guarantee that it will not let me down within a short period of time.

Craftsman and Snap-On tools have it, Troy-Bilt has it, and Griot's has it. (There are many others, I know...... not starting a brand war).

Researching not only the product and reviews (subjective to say the least), but the companies warranty policy is key in my opinion.

Price shopping (i.e "cheaping out") works in many, many areas in life. Tools and equipment are not one of those areas. JMO
    Paul, not saying you're wrong, but only a different perspective. My dad taught me that whenever I bought any tool, it should be the cheapest I could find. The only ones that break will be the ones I use often. When a tool breaks (used it often), THEN go out and buy the absolute best tool that I can afford. His opinion (that I share) was that it doesn't make sense to spend $100.00 for an oil filter wrench if you change your oil twice a year. However, if you're business is oil changes, it is likely money well spent (this was the actual example he used. At the time, I had no clue even what an oil filter wrench was!).

Applied to detailing, I believe this philosophy has worked for me. I started with a VERY cheap polisher. Had I simply wanted to polish my and my wife's cars, I truly believe it would have been sufficient. When I started doing other people's cars, I learned very quickly I needed to improve my tool.

Again, I don't mean to debate, but to offer a different philosophy.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Where did he get Griots polisher from any of that? Idgi.

@OP. Have you even tried to change the brushes yet? If I were you I’d call CG and ask them how to change the brushes. Nevermind anything else or whether it’s past 30 days... Change the brushes 1st and see if that fixes it.
    I think he was referring to another brand and hinting at that. He wasn’t saying torq has a Lifetime.

I’ll take a look at that. Only reason I didn’t DIY yet is because I was waiting on a resolution from someone but looks like I’m being hanged out to dry TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

Also, the unit has those weird torx screws with the nipple in the middle so I gotta get one of those bits

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreak623 View Post
    Only reason I didn’t DIY yet is because
    I was waiting on a resolution from some-
    one but looks like I’m being hanged out
    to dry

Also, the unit has those weird torx screws
    with the nipple in the middle so I gotta get
    one of those bits
    Good luck with getting a resolution.

And don’t even get me started about
    when the nipples are in the middle!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

8. Likes DetailTrail, PaulMys, Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Ya... Torq is very likelly a chineese company... so I would not expect any real support. Mine came with a booklet explaining the warranty... did you have a look at that? There is very likelly a phone number and adress on that. If it's under a year old, it is covered by a warranty for sure, just need to find out how to proceed with it.
    If it isn't Rupes(USA/Italy), flex (German), Makita(Japan), Metabo(German)it's chinese oh and bosche(german?)

But their are plenty of quality Chinese counterparts out there..SPTA and Torque arnt one of them..
    Autogeek offers some

10. Likes DetailTrail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

from Torq Tool Company website:

ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY

TORQ Tool Company makes every effort to assure that its products meet high quality and durability standards and warrants to the original purchaser only that TORQ tools shall be free from
    defects in materials and workmanship for the period of One-Year from the date of purchase. TORQ Tool Company MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING, CUSTOM OR USAGE OF TRADE. This warranty will not apply to damage due directly or indirectly, to misuse, abuse, negligence or accidents, repairs or alterations outside our facilities, faulty maintenance, damage caused by improper use of chemicals, criminal activity, improper installation, normal wear and tear, or to lack of maintenance. This warranty does not apply to accessory items such as backing plates, pads, or normal wearable motor parts such as brushes, blades, bearings, and TORQ Tool Company shall in no event be liable for death, injuries to persons or property, or for incidental, contingent, special or consequential damages arising from the use of our product.
    Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation of exclusion may not apply to you.

To take advantage of this warranty, purchaser must return the tool, including the original proof of purchase (sales receipt) to the TORQ Tool Company Service Center with transportation charges prepaid. Proof of purchase date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise. The polisher’s serial number must also be intact. If inspection verifies the defect, we will
    either repair or replace the product at our election or we may elect to refund the purchase price if we cannot readily and quickly provide you with a replacement. We will return repaired products at our expense. If we determine there is no defect, or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of our warranty, then you must bear the cost of repairing and returning the tool. This warranty does not in any way imply tool’s replacement. The warranty described herein is not transferable to other individuals beyond the original purchaser. Only tools purchased from an authorized TORQ Tool Company distributor are eligible for repair under this warranty. TORQ Tool Company reserves the right to make specifications or design change changes to its products without further notice. TORQ Tool Company does not accept any responsibility for any possible printing mistake.

12. Likes Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    Paul, not saying you're wrong, but only a different perspective. My dad taught me that whenever I bought any tool, it should be the cheapest I could find. The only ones that break will be the ones I use often. When a tool breaks (used it often), THEN go out and buy the absolute best tool that I can afford. His opinion (that I share) was that it doesn't make sense to spend $100.00 for an oil filter wrench if you change your oil twice a year. However, if you're business is oil changes, it is likely money well spent (this was the actual example he used. At the time, I had no clue even what an oil filter wrench was!).

Applied to detailing, I believe this philosophy has worked for me. I started with a VERY cheap polisher. Had I simply wanted to polish my and my wife's cars, I truly believe it would have been sufficient. When I started doing other people's cars, I learned very quickly I needed to improve my tool.

Again, I don't mean to debate, but to offer a different philosophy.
    Not to get this discussion too far off topic, but this is how I ended up with cheap DA. I knew it wouldn't get much routine use and that assuption turned out to be true. I started only using it three times every six months, and now that I'm using coatings it gets used three times a year, sometimes less. At the time I couldn't justify shelling out more money for a seldom used tool.

To go along with the philosophy of going cheap, I also know there will be no product/vendor support if it fails. I'm OK with having to buy replacement. If I'm not willing to pay the price of replacement then I need to re-evaluate the tool's importance and go with a more reputable/expensive vendor. It's like a risk assesment each time.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Seems nobody wants to take responsibility for a garbage product. I will steer clear of CG and TORQ from now on. Each pointing the finger.

Chronologically I contacted amazon who directed me to chemical guys who directed me to Torq who directed me back to chemical guys TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast