autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polishes With The Easiest Wipe Off

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I like the Menzerna compounds/polishes
    They seem to take a touch more effort to wipe off, but the results are truly worth it to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Yeah environment is a big difference to how products behave differently. Remember when got into the detailing scene on the domestic forum about 2 years ago. So those who got the fg400 when it came out had big problems with it when it was humid and a lower temperature. Some took pictures of it and best described was it looked like spaghetti was shooting out between the pad and paint LOL. Even worse was it for them who washed in the garage and then polished a while afterwards. Some gas stations has these garages to do both washes and polishing and mechanical work in them for a good price. These who used them at this places always had problems with the fg400. But it was around 2 years ago they changed the formula slightly and got rid of this extreme behavior.

And yeah with these lower loop nap mf towels being of a higher quality. Is working great on with removal of polish and waxes. Also since you don't get the amount of residue to wipe off with the newer polishes since they are a little more concentrated. Helps out to with these mf towels.

Understandable you have your eyes opened for new products to get your work even easier. The right thing to evolve.

Have you tested the Sonax Paint Cleaner with Hybrid NPT protection. It has great filling ability from it so it can be a little hard to see the true results. But this combo with PNS or BSD would be a killer combo I think. The most negative I have heard from it is the bottle can be a finicky to work with. Otherwise easy to work with and also great performance and easy with a polisher and by hand. Don't know why they recommend you to not use it on a new to 1 year old car. It can be it's more aggressive than it says to be.
    I'm more opening up a discussion topic, and seeing comments regarding the topic in a dedicated thread.

Of course, there is the added benefit of seeing all these theories and techniques that could make things with existing products easier / faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    How is their perfecting cream?
    I have honestly never even tried it. The FCC and/or CC finish down so nicely, I can go straight to my LSP.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I like the Menzerna compounds/polishes
    Funny how some of us think so differently. I find Menzerna to be some of the worst to wipe off. Very oily. To each their own.
    '03 Corvette Z06

6. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy's SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure someone will consider it blasphemous here, but I always wipe off my polish with a spray of Carpro eraser or 50-50 IPA. That way it’s NO Effort/simple and I get a perfectly pristine surface for the LSP. Since polish is a mechanical action, it doesn’t hurt to get all the chemicals off either with a spray prep. Been doing it this way for 20 years.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why it would be blasphemous to always do a wipe down. Is it truly needed? Not sure, but it surely doesn't hurt to give any LSP the cleanest possible surface when applied.

In regards to polish wipe off, I've found the Griots BOSS polishes and the current gen of Blackfire polishes wipe off really easily with the win going to the Griots. The older Blackfire SRC line and Wolfgang polishes tend to be pretty oily and even with a panel wipe take more effort/product/time to remove all the oils when doing a panel wipe.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Desertnate;1728393]Not sure why it would be blasphemous to always do a wipe down. Is it truly needed? Not sure, but it surely doesn't hurt to give any LSP the cleanest possible surface when applied.

I think Glen meant using IPA or Eraser on the initial wipe off. Like killing two birds with one stone as they say. I maybe wrong, but that's how I read it.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Rsurfer;1728460]
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Not sure why it would be blasphemous to always do a wipe down. Is it truly needed? Not sure, but it surely doesn't hurt to give any LSP the cleanest possible surface when applied.

I think Glen meant using IPA or Eraser on the initial wipe off. Like killing two birds with one stone as they say. I maybe wrong, but that's how I read it.

Correct……I have a very weak rotator cuff on my right arm so bearing down on the surface , no matter how easy the polish is to get off, it’s a bit of a struggle especially on a vertical surface. Spraying it and let it melt a bit just wipes it off quickly and clean.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=glen e;1728464]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Correct……I have a very weak rotator cuff on my right arm so bearing down on the surface , no matter how easy the polish is to get off, it’s a bit of a struggle especially on a vertical surface. Spraying it and let it melt a bit just wipes it off quickly and clean.
    Try griots brilliant finish rinseless wash mixed 6:1. Should loosen it up nice. Pure rinseless is another i’d try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast