autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polishes With The Easiest Wipe Off

Sonax EX 04-06 has an easy wipe off. Carpro Reflect is also a breeze to work with.

Then generally speaking like DetailKitty mentioned the amount of polish but also to don't overwork or underwork polishes. If some polishes is been overworked they gets very hard to remove. It's more when you use a to high speed setting this gets trouble with. You would think they got easier to wipe off when they are dried up LOL. So it can be a little trouble with some polishes if you don't use enough amount of polish. But this is from polish to polish how they react and even what paint and environment you work on and in. Finding the sweet spot for this can make a hughe difference between a liked product and disliked product. Also if you don't work through a polishing cycle some can be a mess to wipe off like Menzerna. And last but not the least what you use to wipe off the polishes with for kind of nap and the gsm is a difference between polishes to polishes too. It's like a test spot in it self with some polishes and what works and not LOL

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried pretty much all the above. I’m gonna say Megs 110/210 currently. Altho all that are listed are relatively easy and shouldn’t be a deciding factor!

As far as AIOs.... I have to politely disagree with my buddy, Mark and say BF One Step is the easiest (if you let it dry)
    Jim

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Hmmmmm...... Seems like you need to try some good ol' Griot's FCC Dan.

(You fight bears in Michigan? Damn. On top of the brutal cold, that just has to be awful.....)
    How is their perfecting cream?

Yeah, bears run when the cavedan is out and about

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Sonax EX 04-06 has an easy wipe off. Carpro Reflect is also a breeze to work with.

Then generally speaking like DetailKitty mentioned the amount of polish but also to don't overwork or underwork polishes. If some polishes is been overworked they gets very hard to remove. It's more when you use a to high speed setting this gets trouble with. You would think they got easier to wipe off when they are dried up LOL. So it can be a little trouble with some polishes if you don't use enough amount of polish. But this is from polish to polish how they react and even what paint and environment you work on and in. Finding the sweet spot for this can make a hughe difference between a liked product and disliked product. Also if you don't work through a polishing cycle some can be a mess to wipe off like Menzerna. And last but not the least what you use to wipe off the polishes with for kind of nap and the gsm is a difference between polishes to polishes too. It's like a test spot in it self with some polishes and what works and not LOL
    Environment seems to play a role in that more than anything.

I remember Guz saying that a change of environment are 3D One easier to wipe off, and similarly using PF2500 can drastically change ease of wipe off too.

And the towels I prefer are the shorter nap general purpose towels.

I'm general I don't have any issues wiping off a polish, but was curious if there was anything that wiped off even easier.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have tried pretty much all the above. I’m gonna say Megs 110/210 currently. Altho all that are listed are relatively easy and shouldn’t be a deciding factor!

As far as AIOs.... I have to politely disagree with my buddy, Mark and say BF One Step is the easiest (if you let it dry)
    For me, M205 and Ultimate Polish are incredibly easy to remove. Usually one or two easy swipes, and It's perfect, so it wouldn't surprise me that M110, and M210 are also easy to remove.

And for me a lot of people are saying Speed is pretty easy, but I find M66 an easier removal.

It just seems that environmental and stylistic variances play a significant role in product residue behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Polishes With The Easiest Wipe Off

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    How is their perfecting cream?

Yeah, bears run when the cavedan is out and about
    IMO it’s not as good as M205.

The Boss Correcting Creams are the MVP’s of the line.

11. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Environment seems to play a role in that more than anything.

I remember Guz saying that a change of environment are 3D One easier to wipe off, and similarly using PF2500 can drastically change ease of wipe off too.

And the towels I prefer are the shorter nap general purpose towels.

I'm general I don't have any issues wiping off a polish, but was curious if there was anything that wiped off even easier.
    Yeah environment is a big difference to how products behave differently. Remember when got into the detailing scene on the domestic forum about 2 years ago. So those who got the fg400 when it came out had big problems with it when it was humid and a lower temperature. Some took pictures of it and best described was it looked like spaghetti was shooting out between the pad and paint LOL. Even worse was it for them who washed in the garage and then polished a while afterwards. Some gas stations has these garages to do both washes and polishing and mechanical work in them for a good price. These who used them at this places always had problems with the fg400. But it was around 2 years ago they changed the formula slightly and got rid of this extreme behavior.

And yeah with these lower loop nap mf towels being of a higher quality. Is working great on with removal of polish and waxes. Also since you don't get the amount of residue to wipe off with the newer polishes since they are a little more concentrated. Helps out to with these mf towels.

Understandable you have your eyes opened for new products to get your work even easier. The right thing to evolve.

Have you tested the Sonax Paint Cleaner with Hybrid NPT protection. It has great filling ability from it so it can be a little hard to see the true results. But this combo with PNS or BSD would be a killer combo I think. The most negative I have heard from it is the bottle can be a finicky to work with. Otherwise easy to work with and also great performance and easy with a polisher and by hand. Don't know why they recommend you to not use it on a new to 1 year old car. It can be it's more aggressive than it says to be.

13. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll put in another vote for Hyperpolish and also add the newly formulated Blackfire polishes/compounds. The old Blackfire products were good, but really oily and removal was a bit of a pain. The new ones are much better.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

15. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried 99% of above mentioned non-AIO polishes and do not find any of them "easy" to remove(other than the two I listed). When I say easy, I'm referring to the least amount of oily residues left behind, but NOT sticking to the paint. Most of the polishes listed in this thread take multiple swipes, and even after that, you must use some type of wipe down to remove it completely. There are many factors however: paint system, color, and the type of TOWEL used(most important).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Hey Jim, I'll have to try letting BF One Step dry before wiping. Thanks. D166 is sooooooooooo easy to remove. Like I said before, though, it leaves very noticeable mico-marring on black paint, even with a polishing pad.
    '03 Corvette Z06

17. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Menzerna compounds/polishes
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

19. Likes dlc95, opie liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast