autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are blue "light polishing" Lake Country pads okay for Klasse AIO?

I did some searching and I know this topic has been discussed a lot, but I couldn't find an answer that completely made sense since I know the Lake Country colors changed recently, and a lot of the answers on the forum only mentioned old colors as far as I can tell (I'm brand new to machine application and don't know much...).

Anyway, would the "blue light polishing" Lake Country flat pads be okay for Klasse AIO? It's the least aggressive polishing pad from them, so I thought it had the smallest chance of leaving hazing. Both cars I'll be working on are less than one year old (one Honda, one Subaru - the Subaru is made in the USA so I assume it doesn't have soft paint like the imported ones). Both vehicles have very few swirls, which I don't care about correcting since they are daily drivers that are parked outside 24/7. I'm just looking to clean up the paint with Klasse AIO and provide a good base for applying Collinite 845 afterward (I plan to use the "black finishing" Lake Country flat pads for the Collinite, which I assume is fine).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are blue "light polishing" Lake Country pads okay for Klasse AIO?

The immediate answer is always: "Don't know for sure until you do a test spot." My guess is yes, you'll be fine with that and my hunch is you'll wish you had a little bit more aggressive pad. But you just need to try it and see.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The immediate answer is always: "Don't know for sure until you do a test spot." My guess is yes, you'll be fine with that and my hunch is you'll wish you had a little bit more aggressive pad. But you just need to try it and see.
    Thanks! I'll give the blue pads a whirl and see how it goes... will do a test spot first, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure there are no abrasives in Klasse AIO (It's all chemical cleaning). Any polishing pad should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are no abrasives in Klasse AIO (It's all chemical cleaning). Any polishing pad should be fine.
    A polishing pad is abrasive too. So with a too abrasive polishing pad for the paint you working on is getting you micro marring as you where to be useing a abrasive polish. Otherwise you could use any polishing pad with a polish and get the same results. And even if no abrasives in the polish it can be abrasive LOL. The chemicals in it and sometimes some kind of clay that are in some of them can be abrading clearcoat off with only a non abrasive finishing pad. Then of cause it's less abrasive than most polishes with abrasives in it. Some just use water when polishing certain paints that are extremly finicky.

To the OP. The least abrasive polishing pad would be doing a good job at cleaning up the paint. Then if it's a very soft paint you could be getting micro marring/hazing still. So the test spot to see if it gives you a clear finish you are satisfied with. To be certain of not getting the whole paint hazed up if it would be doing that. Then it's still important to work clean as in cleaning the pad after every section or every 2 sections. And also have enough pads so they don't gets saturated with the Klasse AIO and get you pad failure and to also get even results over the finish. Also so the build up dirt the pad picks up don't start to haze when it's gets too dirty. So basicly as you where polishing with a polish with abrasives in it. Sometimes you can get a little longer before you switch pads. But to have them to last as long as possible it's a good practice to have enough of pads when you polishing.

/ Tony

6. Likes dlc95, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes, softer pads will leave more micro marring than firmer pads. Test spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, micro-marring/hazing is my concern. Even with a test spot, I'm unsure if I'll be able to identify micro-marring or hazing because...

1. I'm new to machine polishing (so I'm not confident that I'll be able to recognize it)
    2. One car is white, the other is silver (making it harder to see micro-marring/hazing than on a darker car)
    3. I'll probably be working outside while it is cloudy/overcast (making it harder to see micro-marring/hazing).

Any tips or advice, considering the above?

Also, yes, I plan to have a bunch of polishing pads on hand (8+ pads) so I can switch to a fresh one when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Are blue "light polishing" Lake Country pads okay for Klasse AIO?

You have two colors that hide micro marring big time. Silver being the most. I’d put some good money you won’t see micro marring, especially using a polishing pad. Do you live in the Los Angeles area by any chance?

'03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess if I can't see the micro-marring, then I won't worry about it! Nope, nowhere near LA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bedop63 View Post
    Well, I guess if I can't see the micro-marring, then I won't worry about it!
    Totally agree.

'03 Corvette Z06