autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Britemax Remax vs. Reload

The Britemax Remax Si02 spray seems to be some good stuff. Applied it 2 weeks ago after wash, doing 1/2 of the QX60 with it and 1/2 with Reload. Based on the look and feel between the 2, the Remax seems to have the advantage.

Anybody have any experience with Britemax over the longer term? I will continue to compare, but am impressed thus far.

Found it from the Forensic Detailing channel where tests were done on a number of Si02 sprays, and it fared well.

Interested in your experience.

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Britemax Remax vs. Reload

I don’t have any experience with Remax, but have interest in your durability and overall thoughts. Thanks for posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

At third week, the finger dragging test gives the clear lead to Britemax.
    Have not washed since application, but the white car doesn’t show any major dirt.
    Britemax slick and shiny, reload feel rough and grainy. I have not witnessed rain action (wifey’s car) to compare but will before next update.
    Interesting....

5. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: The Britemax continues to be slick and reflective after about 4 weeks. The reload areas have gotten grainy to the touch. I know coatings are not known for slickness and perhaps by design are rougher, so I remain curious about the real impact of the Britemax. Does slickness equal more protection? Better repellency of dirt and water spots? Easier to clean?

I plan on hand washing the car this weekend and will examine the water repellency between the 2 sections and look closer at the level of surface dust to see if there is a difference. Ease of cleaning and appearance after washing will be observed also.

It appears Britemax has a durable product thus far.

7. Thanks oneheadlite, Diner, acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Update: Does slickness equal more protection? Better repellency of dirt and water spots? Easier to clean?
    I would say slickness isn't a factor in any of those cases and it comes down to the chemical makeup of the product.

What I've observed is coatings, which often aren't as slick as waxes or sealants, do actually bead and sheet water much better which also seems to make them "self clean" better. During pollen season a light rain would turn my vehicles wearing a sealant into a yellow muddy mess. With a coating, a good spring rain will simply rinse most of the pollen away.

All that said, I've noticed Cure will leave the surface more slick than the original coating, yet doesn't seem to change the properties coating below.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Echoing Desertnate, slickness and beading/selfcleaning are not direct relations by any means. PNS and BSD are the two sealants with best beading and worst slickness. Most other sealants are VERY slick but don’t have great beading/selfcleaning.

im not saying something can’t be slick and have good properties normally reserved for coatings, but I now consider the two properties completely independent from each other (contrary to my old belief that slickness obviously must mean repellency to water/dirt).

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In my test of the two they lasted pretty much the same amount of time. I only got two weeks out of them though.

Post Thanks / Like

So, at about 7 weeks, the reload feels as thought it’s disappeared and the coating feels rough again (like coatings do — normal). Britemax continues to be slick and looks great. This is on wifeys garaged car, so I am inspecting, washing, and likely reapplying and will let yo know about shine, depth, etc. when I have it outside to look at and compare the reload to Britemax. I’m liking the max.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    So, at about 7 weeks, the reload feels as thought it’s disappeared and the coating feels rough again (like coatings do — normal). Britemax continues to be slick and looks great. This is on wifeys garaged car, so I am inspecting, washing, and likely reapplying and will let yo know about shine, depth, etc. when I have it outside to look at and compare the reload to Britemax. I’m liking the max.
    Nice, Remax is on sale right now.