Hi everyone,
I知 new to this forum and to car detailing. I bought a 2018 Mustang last year and installed CarPro Cquartz UK 2.0 on the paint. I liked how the paint maintained a new look and the clear coat had very few micro scratches you can only see in the right angle in the sun. The color is Kona Blue metallic and scratches stand out. About a month ago, someone rear ended me lightly. The rear bumper was replaced and painted. Part of the repair work included a free detail.

The car looked great, but after driving in the sun the next day, I noticed the windshield had many spider web type scratches, the side mirror glass and windshield also had many scratches, enough to limit my vision if the sun hit it right. Also the paint had the same. Prior to the detail, there were a handful of minor spider web like micro scratches in the paint, glass, and side mirrors had none. They also waxed the car and the dust just sticks to the car now. It always appears dirty.

The windshield had virtually no scratches before the detail and after looked like someone took scotch brite to it when the sun hits it. Long story short, a rock cracked the windshield and I知 installing a new one. What coating is recommended to reduce or prevent scratches and pitting in the future?

Also, what can be done to the glass side mirrors and the body paint? The bumper has fine swirl scratches also. Do I have to polish the whole car and will those scratches ever come out? I already bought wax stripper to remove it from the whole car and will recoat with CQuartz again. I assume if I don't fix the scratches before this, they will always be there.

Thus is a daily driver, not a show car. I just want to have it look good with minimal cleaning effort like I had it before the detail job.

Thanks,
Tim