autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prep for Cquartz lite

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    I will be using Cquartz lite again tomorrow on another customer's vehicle.

I have another question for you guys. I figured I would post here about it instead of creating another thread.

Anyways, when can I top Lite with Reload? One hour after I apply Lite? It's supposed to be rainy the rest of this week so I need the coating to be protected.

Last time I applied Lite, I didnt use reload because that customer didn't use his truck at all during the cure period and it sat in his garage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    1 hour should be good to top with Reload. I've done a couple vehicles now and have done the reload anywhere between 1 and 4 hours after the coating. Haven't had any issues yet.

2. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only done one CQ Lite install so far. I waited until the following morning to top it with Reload so can't really comment on how soon CQL is safe to top. IIRC according to the instructions CQ Lite can be topped with Reload after an hour and is basically fully cured after 4 hours.

Question for you: did the CQ Lite feel "slick" at all to you? I was not planning on topping my install with Reload; however, I really did not like how the paint felt after initial application so ended up topping with Reload for added slickness. Just curious if you experienced the same.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

4. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be using Cquartz lite again tomorrow on another customer's vehicle.

I have another question for you guys. I figured I would post here about it instead of creating another thread.

Anyways, when can I top Lite with Reload? One hour after I apply Lite? It's supposed to be rainy the rest of this week so I need the coating to be protected.

Last time I applied Lite, I didnt use reload because that customer didn't use his truck at all during the cure period and it sat in his garage.

1 hour.

You can always refer back to my review. It has all the info you need.

Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite
    Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

6. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Only done one CQ Lite install so far. I waited until the following morning to top it with Reload so can't really comment on how soon CQL is safe to top. IIRC according to the instructions CQ Lite can be topped with Reload after an hour and is basically fully cured after 4 hours.

Question for you: did the CQ Lite feel "slick" at all to you? I was not planning on topping my install with Reload; however, I really did not like how the paint felt after initial application so ended up topping with Reload for added slickness. Just curious if you experienced the same.
    When I was applying Lite, I felt that it wasn't a very smooth experience. Once I was all done with the coating, I didn't check to see if it was smooth. My guess would be no, that it wasnt slick.

All the coatings that I have tried, have not left a slick or smooth surface.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The paint is pretty tacky after using Lite. It's definitely not smooth like a wax or sealant. However, the reload will give it a really slick feel.

9. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was applying Lite, I felt that it wasn't a very smooth experience. Once I was all done with the coating, I didn't check to see if it was smooth. My guess would be no, that it wasnt slick.

All the coatings that I have tried, have not left a slick or smooth surface.

We install mostly CQuartz Professional and CQuartz Finest Reserve which are both incredibly slick to the touch immediately after application. Even standard CQuartz is, IMO, pretty slick after a few hours of cure time. Lite, on the other hand, was noticeably tacky during and after application and did not seem to change after curing overnight. Seems like Lite will require a topper on every install for better slickness.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

11. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We install mostly CQuartz Professional and CQuartz Finest Reserve which are both incredibly slick to the touch immediately after application. Even standard CQuartz is, IMO, pretty slick after a few hours of cure time. Lite, on the other hand, was noticeably tacky during and after application and did not seem to change after curing overnight. Seems like Lite will require a topper on every install for better slickness.
    CQUK 3.0 and CQ Lite are both tacky. As they should be since CQ Lite is based on CQUK 3.0 technology. CQUK 3.0 is less tacky than the previous formula. TiO2/Classic is not much slicker than CQUK 3.0 from personal experience.

13. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12