autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Prep for Cquartz lite

I'm prepping for a couple of details on some friends cars. I have a couple of questions for the process.

I just recently bought Cquartz lite and Essence. I'm thinking these vehicles are in decent shape and don't need that much polishing before applying Lite.

Could I just wash, clay, and hit it quickly with Essence and then apply Lite?

Can I let Essence set or "cure" (not sure if that's the right term for that) to get more durability out of Lite?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prep for Cquartz lite

No need to let is set. Polish and wipe off right away for ease of use.

Polish as long as you need to correct to the level you desire.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

3. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post

I just recently bought Cquartz lite and Essence. I'm thinking these vehicles are in decent shape and don't need that much polishing before applying Lite.

Could I just wash, clay, and hit it quickly with Essence and then apply Lite?
    Yes you can

Can I let Essence set or "cure" (not sure if that's the right term for that) to get more durability out of Lite?
    Are you asking if you could let it sit after initial wipe off to have the SiO2 in it cure prior to applying Lite? You certainly can. You can let it sit overnight if you wish or a few hours. It depends on what kind of time crunch you are on.

5. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how your lite application goes. I just finished putting 2 coats on mine. Let about 3 hours go by between coats. I was having a hell of a time getting it leveled. It kept smearing on me. It was really humid so that may be the issue. I don't think I over applied. 2 coats on crew cab truck, trim, wheels, and glass using less than a third of the bottle. Glass was about impossible to get everything off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Are you asking if you could let it sit after initial wipe off to have the SiO2 in it cure prior to applying Lite? You certainly can. You can let it sit overnight if you wish or a few hours. It depends on what kind of time crunch you are on.
    Yes I would like to get a nice bond between the Essence and Lite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dg150 View Post
    Let me know how your lite application goes. I just finished putting 2 coats on mine. Let about 3 hours go by between coats. I was having a hell of a time getting it leveled. It kept smearing on me. It was really humid so that may be the issue. I don't think I over applied. 2 coats on crew cab truck, trim, wheels, and glass using less than a third of the bottle. Glass was about impossible to get everything off.
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to report back when I use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

So right after I get done polishing with Essence, do I wipe off the Essence then wait to apply Lite or do I let the polish sit on the paint to let it bond?

Post Thanks / Like

So right after I get done polishing with Essence, do I wipe off the Essence then wait to apply Lite or do I let the polish sit on the paint to let it bond?

Wipe off as you go.

11. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Update

I used Cquartz Lite today on a customer's Ford Raptor. I did not polish with essence before I applied Lite.

I washed with Hyper Wash, used Iron X after the wash and then clayed it. I also used N914 at paint prep ratio after all the steps for a final wipedown.

The paint as far as I could tell, was squeaky clean and in decent shape because its white lol. That was pretty much the reason I skipped the polishing step.

Using the supplied applicators, when primed with product, I could stretch the product out further than a normal 2x2 ft area. It did feel a little grabby upon application and removal of the product.

I will keep an eye on durability. I hope it lasts a decent amount of time for not polishing the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be using Cquartz lite again tomorrow on another customer's vehicle.

I have another question for you guys. I figured I would post here about it instead of creating another thread.

Anyways, when can I top Lite with Reload? One hour after I apply Lite? It's supposed to be rainy the rest of this week so I need the coating to be protected.

Last time I applied Lite, I didnt use reload because that customer didn't use his truck at all during the cure period and it sat in his garage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast