autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daily ‘clean ups’...Best process & products?

QDs are a dying product line. It’s so much cheaper to make your own and save money supplying your own water, not to mention not paying the shipping cost for water. My current favorite is ECH2O mixed with TacSystems Quartzmax, but any quality topper will work fine as a mix. My ratio is 2 oz ECH2O, 2 oz topper, and 28 oz distilled water.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do same as rimmcarty. I mix 3oz of Ech20 with 2oz of sio2 sealant (Shine Supply Clutch my sio2 of choice) in a 32oz bottle. This not only works best as a QD, it leaves an awesome gloss for a week or two.

He’s right no one really buys QD’s anymore although speed shine was one of my all time favorite products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    QD unfortunately aren't really named properly. They don't have enough lubrication to safely do any cleaning.

As far as products that are sold as ready to use QD you can definitely use them as a drying aid or once the car is clean, maybe you have a finger print or something like that.
    [/URL]
    I respectfully disagree. IME Meguiars Last Touch Detailer is on par if not better than Wolfgang Uber Rinseless @3oz. per gallon used as a waterless. Even Meguiars Quik Detailer in the maroon bottle works just fine for wiping down a dusty vehicle without inducing swirls.

Quote Originally Posted by cardude2000 View Post
    Thanks. Can quick detailers be diluted at all? I have billions of those kicking around. Specifically McGuires QD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which exact quik detailers do you currently have available? Please be specific, and no you shouldn’t dilute RTU quik detailers.. If you’re having issues with streaking, you should 1st look at the towels you’re using and consider changing to different ones. Sometimes using towels that are too plush can lead to streaking because most times those plush towels do a poor job of absorbing liquids, leaving you with a surface that’s not quite dry enough which could result in streaks.

Another possible culprit is towels that are past their due date aka old microfiber towels. How old are your towels? If it’s been a while, you should consider updating to a fresh new batch and take good care of them from the start, washing and drying them properly.

What kind of towels are you currently using?

Post Thanks / Like

You will probably do more harm then good doing those everyday for the next month since its pollen season in new England. Plus the more you buff the paint the more static electricity you cause attracting even more pollen

Post Thanks / Like

QD unfortunately aren't really named properly. They don't have enough lubrication to safely do any cleaning.

As far as products that are sold as ready to use QD you can definitely use them as a drying aid or once the car is clean, maybe you have a finger print or something like that.

In my opinion there's no reason to buy an actual QD when you can buy concentrates and dilute them for QD duty. Concentrates are much cheaper and versatile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I'd have to disagree with you first statement and it actually contradicts your comments about using them as a drying aid. If a QD is safe to do a wipe down after a wash, it should be safe to use for knocking off a very light layer of dust, random smudges, or even bird droppings. I've never found a QD spray which wasn't good from a lubricity standpoint.

I agree there isn't any reason to buy one any more since quality RW's and WW's are so common. With various ratios you can mix them to do just about anything you need from a cleaning/wipe down perspective.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Eldorado2k;1633061]I respectfully disagree. IME Meguiars Last Touch Detailer is on par if not better than Wolfgang Uber Rinseless @3oz. per gallon used as a waterless. Even Meguiars Quik Detailer in the maroon bottle works just fine for wiping down a dusty vehicle without inducing

Fair enough. You do you. If that works for you then that's all that matters, but for me personally there's just much better options for wiping down a dusty car than a QD.

9. Likes derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro ech20 -an oz in a 3 gal bucket and then a rinseless wash...Gary dean style, search it on you tube....Been doing this for five years on my cars with never a scratch. I like this much more than a waterless wash because it’s far more lubrication.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bfielder32087;1633087]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I respectfully disagree. IME Meguiars Last Touch Detailer is on par if not better than Wolfgang Uber Rinseless @3oz. per gallon used as a waterless. Even Meguiars Quik Detailer in the maroon bottle works just fine for wiping down a dusty vehicle without inducing

Fair enough. You do you. If that works for you then that's all that matters, but for me personally there's just much better options for wiping down a dusty car than a QD.

With what we know now and what's out there, I would NEVER use a QD to clean a dusty car, no way in hell!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Klasse Act;1633090]
    With what we know now and what's out there, I would NEVER use a QD to clean a dusty car, no way in hell!

Meguiars Last Touch works just as well if not better than N-914, so how is it so crazy?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Eldorado2k;1633091]
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Meguiars Last Touch works just as well if not better than N-914, so how is it so crazy?
    .0000000000001% use a QD to clean an entire dusty car here

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast