autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Collinite quick detailer

Quote Originally Posted by cardude2000 View Post
    Can it be used as a QD?
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I don't think so
    Quote Originally Posted by PBoy View Post
    huh?

huh?

Mind boggling isn’t it?

2. Likes RPPM, pwoptima, richy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I have been using Optimum No Rinse and Wax with Car Wax but it's not Collinite, that is why I made that statement.
    Ohhh I see. I didn't realize you were saying that you wish Collinite made a rinseless with carnuba. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    My two bottles just arrived today. Will try them out and report back.
    Please do. Looking forward to some reviews and feedback on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes pwoptima liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, used it on the hood and trunk lid of my 2012 Ford Fusion with Steel Blue Metallic paint, so fairly light colored. It easily took off dust/rain spotting, left the finish slick, but not Bead Maker, or even D156 slick. Nice fresh, light scent, can't really describe it. It left a bright Collinite finish, easily contrasted to D156, or D115 at 4:1 ratio. Those both darken the paint and change the Collinite look. If you like the look of 845, this will match it almost perfectly. Anxious to see how it beads/sheets. Certainly a nice product, will update after some water is involved.

7. Thanks Eldorado2k, acuRAS82, oneheadlite, Diner, richy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    OK, used it on the hood and trunk lid of my 2012 Ford Fusion with Steel Blue Metallic paint, so fairly light colored. It easily took off dust/rain spotting, left the finish slick, but not Bead Maker, or even D156 slick. Nice fresh, light scent, can't really describe it. It left a bright Collinite finish, easily contrasted to D156, or D115 at 4:1 ratio. Those both darken the paint and change the Collinite look. If you like the look of 845, this will match it almost perfectly. Anxious to see how it beads/sheets. Certainly a nice product, will update after some water is involved.
    Props on using the quik detailer as intended, for removing dust and rain spotting.New Collinite quick detailer

Some people would consider you the “.00000000000001%” for following the directions on the label...

Thank you for restoring faith in the world of detailing.New Collinite quick detailerlol.

9. Likes RPPM, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Props on using the quik detailer as intended, for removing dust and rain spotting.New Collinite quick detailer

Some people would consider you the “.00000000000001%” for following the directions on the label...

Thank you for restoring faith in the world of detailing.New Collinite quick detailerlol.
    Listen and listen closely, put down the brochure and listen...noone who's been on this forum for a period of time is going to use a QD from a mfg to do a WW on their car, the density is strong with this one! Now someone who's a noob, ok, understandable but NOT a veteran of these forums.

How much is a marketed quick detailer for the masses, $6-8 for a 16 oz bottleNew Collinite quick detailer I would NEVER ever direct a noob to our forum to buy 2 bottles of a designated QD to wash the dust off of their car and just to be clear, a single 16 ounce bottle isn't going to be enough to do a proper WW with the $6.00 a bottle product, 2 bottles is what, $12.00...$12.00 to wash a carNew Collinite quick detailer Just to be clear here, we're still talking about a product like Meg QD in the burgundy bottle for instance, don't quote me on the price because I'm beyond using a marketed QD on my car or anyone else's car I know, been here too long and have learned too much (still learning)

What IS smart is to buy a smallish bottle of either N914 or Ech2o and make ALOT of WW to clean your car better and less expensively, makes sense/cents, rightNew Collinite quick detailer

In closing your just a thorn/pest here, periodNew Collinite quick detailer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Dislikes KBsToy, sixsix, Daven75, Kacz disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Listen and listen closely, put down the brochure and listen...noone who's been on this forum for a period of time is going to use a QD from a mfg to do a WW on their car, the density is strong with this one! Now someone who's a noob, ok, understandable but NOT a veteran of these forums.

How much is a marketed quick detailer for the masses, $6-8 for a 16 oz bottleNew Collinite quick detailer I would NEVER ever direct a noob to our forum to buy 2 bottles of a designated QD to wash the dust off of their car and just to be clear, a single 16 ounce bottle isn't going to be enough to do a proper WW with the $6.00 a bottle product, 2 bottles is what, $12.00...$12.00 to wash a carNew Collinite quick detailer Just to be clear here, we're still talking about a product like Meg QD in the burgundy bottle for instance, don't quote me on the price because I'm beyond using a marketed QD on my car or anyone else's car I know, been here too long and have learned too much (still learning)

What IS smart is to buy a smallish bottle of either N914 or Ech2o and make ALOT of WW to clean your car better and less expensively, makes sense/cents, rightNew Collinite quick detailer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You speak as if you’re somekind of judge over what the people [including the tons of lurkers] buy and use, but it’s you who needs to listen and listen closely because the facts are that something like Meguiars D114 got discontinued due to lack of sales while Meguiars original Quik Detailer in the maroon bottle has been among their best selling products for 3+ decades and still continues being 1 of their bread & butter products and I’m willing to bet they sell alot of it even here on AG.

You shouldn’t let your enthusiasm turn into anger towards the people who are new to the point where you practically declare them unsuitable to even be on here. Not everyone thinks like you, and if everyone did then the manufacturers wouldn’t even make 16oz. bottles of quik detailer because no one would buy it.... But the fact is they do!

And it’s not only Meguiars...
    The new Blackfire line consists of everything they make in 32oz. RTU bottles, then gallons.
    McKee’s sells every product they make in even smaller 16oz. bottles...
    Last time I checked Pinnacle sells everything they make in 16oz. bottles along with gallons of course..
    What about the people who buy Wolfgang Spritz Sealant in 16oz. bottles?
    If nobody on this forum [including the lurkers] bought all those products do you think they’d still be offering them after all these years? Don’t speak about things you don’t even know about because the facts don’t support it. Otherwise Megs D114 would still be around. Nuff said.

13. Likes minerigger, RPPM, KBsToy, MattPersman, sixsix and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Likes pwoptima, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I don’t even know what to think of the last sentence, but I have numerous gallons of QDs and numerous other 16oz bottles which I will use to remove light dust. I keep my cars clean and therefore it’s quite often that removal of some dust is all that’s needed to get it back to my version of showcase shine. The car has some extra sparkle to it after QDs vs. WWs, or at least my wife’s untrained, normal-person eyes seem to notice.

I noticed recently after all the threads raving about slickness, that almost all my QDs leave the car as slick as BM. They provide short term gloss, which is what people like about BM. So why is it so wrong for an experienced, garage-hero detailer to clean up light dust, with good technique, while leaving a Beaty shine that will last a day or two?

Disclaimer: I love and own many WWs too, but the two products serve different purposes for me, based on different levels of cleaning needed.

17. Likes RPPM, KBsToy, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I hope nobody thinks I'm the newbie just because of post count, LOL...

19. Likes acuRAS82, Eldorado2k, oneheadlite liked this post
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast