autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Collinite quick detailer

Hopefully this does not cause a problem but I am curious to a couple things, are you pre treating the area and are you using edgeless, plush microfiber towels as a wash media or are you using a sponge?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    This hopefully this does not cause a problem but I am curious to a couple things, are you pre treating the area and are you using edgeless, plush microfiber towels as a wash media or are you using a sponge?

Not sure who you're asking but no need to be so defensive with every response. That itself seems to put others on edge.

If you’re asking me, I pretreat every time and use 350-500 gsm creature edgeless, or plush waterless wash towels. Typically 7-10 towels. If you’re implying I don’t know what I’m doing, well my way of not knowing yields one wipe for drying on most WWs, and about two wipes to dry for N-914 @ 1:128. I do this in my garage at a median springtime temperature of 68.3 degrees. I’m always sober when doing WW, and typically not hungry.

Hopefully this answers all possible questions that could lead one to wonder whether I waterless wash correctly... my guess is the extra dry wipe is needed because N-914 does not soften water as well as some polymer WWs, which I’m fine with, barely any added effort, and will continue to use N-914 whenever I want nothing left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm being defensive because of a post being reported and rubbing people the wrong way, but I'm asking the question honestly here....UNCLENew Collinite quick detailerNew Collinite quick detailerNew Collinite quick detailer

Let someone else figure out why a product that has given me Z E R O problems using it is giving others such a hard time, geeeeezNew Collinite quick detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Klasse, thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions, yes I do pre treat excessively dirty spots. I also use an edgeless plush microfiber, usually about 10-12 per car. If anything, I probably over spray a WW as I am paranoid to use less. I am probably creating my own problem. I just found it was a struggle to remove. Not a big deal, as I can RW as fast as a WW (almost) and feel safer doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm being defensive because of a post being reported and rubbing people the wrong way, but I'm asking the question honestly here....UNCLENew Collinite quick detailerNew Collinite quick detailerNew Collinite quick detailer

Let someone else figure out why a product that has given me Z E R O problems using it is giving others such a hard time, geeeeezNew Collinite quick detailer
    I don’t think anyone needs to figure it out, I thought “YMMV” was a regular thing in this hobby.

I keep emphasizing I don’t see this as a “problem”, I will continue to use with the slightest additional effort. Maybe at 1:64 there will be more water softening qualities and it will dry with that extra bit easier. Who knows, who cares. Relax. Noone is bending your arm and requiring you to say “UNCLE” over this. Relax, maaaane.

6. Likes RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, men.

Let's chill. We are discussing products that make a car shiny, not arguing Roe vs. Wade.

AGO has always been about respect and brotherhood, and this is what sets it apart from all the others.

Reset. Deep breath. We all have our favorites.

Agreed?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Thanks ScottH thanked for this post
    Likes FUNX650, minerigger, richy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!

Peace to us all, and thanks to everyone for feeding my hunger for detailing information and fair opinions. Life is good!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to Paul but it's been tough around here lately. I mean you get people bashing products because a confident YouTuber likes it and says I'm not buying into the hype but then DOES try it and LIKES it. I was accused of being a shill for the very same YouTuber myself because I happen to like his channel and agree with alot of what he's saying.

Then I talk about other towels out there, yeah, it's against the rules...I guess butt guess what, I see ALOT of people talk about and show products not sold here all the time but I would never say anything and certainly not report them like someone did on me, hope it was worth it.

That leads me to "this" issue, a non-issue. I'm basically trying to ask a question as to why a bulletproof product like N914 isn't working for someone, anyone because it's just that....BULLETPROOF! Asking the simplest questions eliminates the easy stuff and then maybe we can get to other issues, makes sense, right.

All this SH!T right here has pushed me to do a Griot's Garage Brillant Finish rinseless wash tonight, need to wash everything away, literally and figurativelyNew Collinite quick detailer

11. Likes ScottH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to Paul but it's been tough around here lately. I mean you get people bashing products because a confident YouTuber likes it and says I'm not buying into the hype but then DOES try it and LIKES it. I was accused of being a shill for the very same YouTuber myself because I happen to like his channel and agree with alot of what he's saying.

Then I talk about other towels out there, yeah, it's against the rules...I guess butt guess what, I see ALOT of people talk about and show products not sold here all the time but I would never say anything and certainly not report them like someone did on me, hope it was worth it.

That leads me to "this" issue, a non-issue. I'm basically trying to ask a question as to why a bulletproof product like N914 isn't working for someone, anyone because it's just that....BULLETPROOF! Asking the simplest questions eliminates the easy stuff and then maybe we can get to other issues, makes sense, right.

All this SH!T right here has pushed me to do a Griot's Garage Brillant Finish rinseless wash tonight, need to wash everything away, literally and figurativelyNew Collinite quick detailer

I smell what you're stepping in, Roger. (Multiple dog owners joke).

But I know damn well you're a smart guy that can let a few internet slights pass.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we don't have to rinse before a rinseless but it sure keeps the towels a lot cleaner.
    Sure the lower panels and rear bumper area are always stubborn but not like the last rinseless I did.

I didn't prerinse with my dose of ONR/D114 spiked bleach bottle and the top of the car towels were dirtier than the sides usually are.

It definately rinses dirt down.

Klasse , we all love ya, you know that.

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast