autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Collinite quick detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Not directed at you but just so noone else gets in trouble, are we allowed to talk about this product even though this particular product isn't sold on AGNew Collinite quick detailer I would hate to see someone get in trouble for discussing a product not sold in the AG store.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Klasse Act - I think we are "OK". AG is probably one of the biggest sellers of Collinite, and we know AG will have it on it's shelves (so to speak) any day now. Besides, I think these discussions generate interest/curiosity which I am sure helps boost sales.

ScottH

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not directed at you but just so noone else gets in trouble, are we allowed to talk about this product even though this particular product isn't sold on AGNew Collinite quick detailer I would hate to see someone get in trouble for discussing a product not sold in the AG store.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    You will see it on here very soon!
    I don’t think anyone else had any doubts about whether this thread was ok after reading Meghans’ reply.New Collinite quick detailer

Post Thanks / Like

OK, perplexed to say the least. I did a traditional two bucket and hose wash. As I started spraying down the car, I couldn't help but notice the areas that had been WW with D115 were beading and sheeting water like a fresh wax job. The hood and the trunk with Collinite 520 on (which had been treated with D115 the same time the rest of the car had been about 48 hours before the Collinite 520 was used) was far worse with water behavior. The trunk lid especially was not beading at all, nor was it moving water. The hood was a little better with water sheeting, but limited beading. I proceeded to wash the car with Duragloss car wash. This had no effect on the rest of the car/D115 as nothing diminished. It did bring back the Collinite 520 hood a little, beading returned, but was not small spherical type of droplets like we have all come to know with Collinite. The beads were oblong, reminded me of the look when your wax/sealant is full of contaminants. Water sheeting was present, but very, very slow.

Now keep in mind, the car needs clayed, the paint cleaned and a fresh coat of wax/sealant. With that said, it didn't seem to effect the D115 at all. Maybe the D115 interfered with the Collinite 520 adhering. Who knows. I'll try it again after my next full detail (decon, paint cleaned, fresh wax/sealant), hope to get to it in early June.

5. Thanks Klasse Act, Diner, acuRAS82, richy thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    OK, perplexed to say the least. I did a traditional two bucket and hose wash. As I started spraying down the car, I couldn't help but notice the areas that had been WW with D115 were beading and sheeting water like a fresh wax job. The hood and the trunk with Collinite 520 on (which had been treated with D115 the same time the rest of the car had been about 48 hours before the Collinite 520 was used) was far worse with water behavior. The trunk lid especially was not beading at all, nor was it moving water. The hood was a little better with water sheeting, but limited beading. I proceeded to wash the car with Duragloss car wash. This had no effect on the rest of the car/D115 as nothing diminished. It did bring back the Collinite 520 hood a little, beading returned, but was not small spherical type of droplets like we have all come to know with Collinite. The beads were oblong, reminded me of the look when your wax/sealant is full of contaminants. Water sheeting was present, but very, very slow.

Now keep in mind, the car needs clayed, the paint cleaned and a fresh coat of wax/sealant. With that said, it didn't seem to effect the D115 at all. Maybe the D115 interfered with the Collinite 520 adhering. Who knows. I'll try it again after my next full detail (decon, paint cleaned, fresh wax/sealant), hope to get to it in early June.
    I’ll call it:
    ”Easy come; easy goes”.

Keep in mind that there is relationship that exists
    between water-beading and surface energies.
    In this case:
    1.) the surface energy of the paint; and
    2.) the surface energy of water.

TO WIT:

In order for water to bead (exhibit hydrophobicity),
    the surface energy of the paint needs to be lower
    than the surface energy of water.

-Just as there are many car-care products
    (such as LSPs) that will produce the surface
    energies needed to cause hydrophobic effects:
    the ”Easy come”...

-Conversely, there are many car-care products
    that can change these energy levels to the point
    where hydrophobic properties can be negatively
    affected—water beading lessens; becomes irregu-
    larly shaped; even stops (becomes “hydrophilic”):
    the ”Easy goes”.

•Believe it or not:
    QDs are one such type of car-care product that
    can change those surface energies. (And don’t
    forget the adverse affect that atmospheric and
    environmental contaminates can have on the
    “symbiotic” relationship between auto paint and
    water beads/beading.)

Bottom line?

•IMO:
    -QDs are formulated to give the
    ”Just Detailed” look;

-not particularly, or necessarily, for creating
    surface energies that are conducive for water
    to bead upon paint.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

7. Thanks RPPM thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, DetailZeus, richy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a hunch that helps its resistance to water spotting too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    I think everyone needs to take a few deep breaths. Can't have this turn into one of those wax war. Or Zaino is just rebadged DG threads.

People all see and use things differently. For instance, I use 914 for a RW, love it for that. I ABSOLUTELY hate it for a WW, diluted at the recommended dilution. I prefer DG 931 as a WW.

There are different levels of Geek. The older I get, I want ease of use and 90% PERFECTION. I have two old daily drivers, they look better than 95% of the cars I see. That's good enough for me.

I have been very fortunate in life. My wife and I will be retiring in another 2.5 years at 55. I want to spend those fun years living life, and having a shiny, 90% swirl free car. You can have both.
    Why do you hate N914 as a WW but love it as a RW? When following the directions for RW it's just about invisible, kinda freaks me out whereas with WW I can actually SEE it. I still double the ratio for WW, it's so inexpensive and effective, why notNew Collinite quick detailer

Now before the left coast gets all worked up this is how I see it, what works for me isn't going to work for you (except that "almost" drinkable spray sealant...oh wait, that now DOES work for you, room at the back of the bandwagon)New Collinite quick detailerNew Collinite quick detailerNew Collinite quick detailer....UNCLE!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah and BTW, tried out those $6.00 MSRP towels from the Rag Company, the Eagle Edgeless. I washed them before using and they are soft and appear to be a great quality towel but my preferred brand @$4.40 per are just as good, sorry. Maybe I need to buy one of their drying towels and see how they compare to what I'm usingNew Collinite quick detailer

Btw I'm not worried about $1.60 per towel either, it's all about principal, that's allNew Collinite quick detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah and BTW, tried out those $6.00 MSRP towels from the Rag Company, the Eagle Edgeless. I washed them before using and they are soft and appear to be a great quality towel but my preferred brand @$4.40 per are just as good, sorry. Maybe I need to buy one of their drying towels and see how they compare to what I'm usingNew Collinite quick detailer

Btw I'm not worried about $1.60 per towel either, it's all about principal, that's allNew Collinite quick detailer

Their msrp in pack of 5 for 24$. =$4.80. And the RC will throw out sales like Memorial Day for 20% off. This makes them cheaper.

Also looks like he doesn’t offer free shipping. I’ve been waiting and looking for. Also would bet their from China which to me doesn’t matter as I think quality is same. But Chinese MF is price wise cheaper.

So 5 waiting for once a month sale is $4.80 cheaper, will ship free if I spend $50 which most of my detailing purchases and are made from more expensive (not saying better but possibly). And are one of the more popular towels ever made.

No disrespect Klasse, just pointing out how his”industry is over charging/gouging us” and now that he has products he’s joining the party.

Jacks are worth all that. If I can get free shipping OR 20% of I’ll try them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There is a level of free shipping with "him" all the time. As far as the price, well, I was just going off the MSRP of what was listed here, ofcoarse I didn't pay $6.00 per, so in reality the only people who pay full price are those who get them without hitting a minimum amount, so I guess it's not fair to bring up the savings in reality.

Back on topic of this thread for a minute, I was going to buy this product directly from Collinite because I wanted it NOW, then I saw $14.00 shipping....for a 16 oz bottle, LOL, no thanks, I can wait it outNew Collinite quick detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse, I find 914 very difficult to wipe off at WW dilution. It takes more micro fibers to get a dry surface. I do not have this issue with it at a RW dilution.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast