autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Collinite quick detailer

Geez Klasse/Roger that’s pretty rough to post

Why can’t someone use QD to umm “quick detail” their own car? I did mine in the parking lot the other day it had dirt and rain spotting. Oh no the horror.

Not everyone is using a 2 hour wash process each time.

QD were around before waterless washes. I know there is some sort of unproven theory here that QD isn’t good at cleaning but IMO they work just fine.

Let the man use what he wants on his car. You don’t have to make him feel like he’s some sort of unwelcome alien who’s not worthy of giving feedback on a product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes RPPM, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just saying that most people here save money by making their own product, plus the OTC product just isn't as good as what we're making.

As far as my comment, this guys been running rough shot for far too long and I'm not the only one who thinks it, I just call it out, not to mention all the PM's i get in a show of supportNew Collinite quick detailer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post

My "anger" isn't directed at ANY noob and to the noobs out there who think it is, well, I'm sorry but it isn't. As far as different levels of cleaning abilities of QD and WW's, what are those againNew Collinite quick detailer

Btw, when you constantly stir the pot, THIS is what you get and just to be clear, this isn't directed at the person I quoted, obviously, I quoted this because of Beavis and ButtheadNew Collinite quick detailer

Post Thanks / Like

New Collinite quick detailer

Man, what a party in here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    My "anger" isn't directed at ANY noob and to the noobs out there who think it is, well, I'm sorry but it isn't. As far as different levels of cleaning abilities of QD and WW's, what are those againNew Collinite quick detailer

Btw, when you constantly stir the pot, THIS is what you get and just to be clear, this isn't directed at the person I quoted, obviously, I quoted this because of Beavis and ButtheadNew Collinite quick detailer
    Different cleaning levels: QD like a finishing polish, minor cleaning and finishes real nice. WW like a swirl remover, gets the tougher stuff out and finishes pretty OK, fine for a Tuesday, but date night or car shows deserves the QD and that’s safe if they are already pretty clean with only some dust.

I’m still confused how this started, but your posts seem pretty passive aggressive, great method for stirring the pot yourself. If I choose to support anyone over PM, I don’t think it will be you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Different cleaning levels: QD like a finishing polish, minor cleaning and finishes real nice. WW like a swirl remover, gets the tougher stuff out and finishes pretty OK, fine for a Tuesday, but date night or car shows deserves the QD and that’s safe if they are already pretty clean with only some dust.

I’m still confused how this started, but your posts seem pretty passive aggressive, great method for stirring the pot yourself. If I choose to support anyone over PM, I don’t think it will be you.
    Well to answer your question it started back when it was mentioned using a QD to clean a dusty car. Let me be clear here, use a product like N914 that's a PURE cleaner to safely remove dust or a QD that has whatever in it for cleaning and some Gloss enhancersNew Collinite quick detailer...the answer is pretty obvious. Also, have I used Ech2o as a WW, yes, but it's because of what we know IS in it, so much more than the Meg's burgundy bottle QD. Oh and it was mentioned how long they've been selling it, well, the average Joe coming into Autozone sees the name and buys it, good for them and their once a year car clean up, doesn't mean it's anything special, just means we're in the minority, just like those of us who prefer to shift our own gears for instance.

One last thing, I'm not asking anyone to agree or disagree with me, I put the opinion out there and back it up, even resorting to using a crayon to make my point, last time I chose green because it's my favorite color but only 1 shade of green, mixing colors IS ridiculousNew Collinite quick detailer

8. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^So the QD post was enough to call him a pest?? You must like N-914 as much as you like BM.

I’ll privately let my confusion continue.

10. Likes RPPM, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone needs to take a few deep breaths. Can't have this turn into one of those wax war. Or Zaino is just rebadged DG threads.

People all see and use things differently. For instance, I use 914 for a RW, love it for that. I ABSOLUTELY hate it for a WW, diluted at the recommended dilution. I prefer DG 931 as a WW.

There are different levels of Geek. The older I get, I want ease of use and 90% PERFECTION. I have two old daily drivers, they look better than 95% of the cars I see. That's good enough for me.

I have been very fortunate in life. My wife and I will be retiring in another 2.5 years at 55. I want to spend those fun years living life, and having a shiny, 90% swirl free car. You can have both.

12. Likes Maxreed241, Eldorado2k, richy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    ^^So the QD post was enough to call him a pest?? You must like N-914 as much as you like BM.

I’ll privately let my confusion continue.
    No, not just the QD post, how about Beadmaker....oh that's right, once he tried it he liked it, huhNew Collinite quick detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I could have swore this was a review of a new product.

15. Thanks RPPM thanked for this post
    Likes pwoptima, RamAirV1, richy liked this post
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast