autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New truck - Help with ways to protect it inside and out...

So the exterior pretty self-explanatory paint wise, a ceramic coating. Being that its new, Im might just pay someone to do it... Whats the longest lasting one now? Suggestions on wheel coating?

What about the interior? I have Ultima Interior guard but Ive seen some coatings out there now too... The seats are leather but I know the dash is fake lather/imitation whatever...

Any suggestions on what to use for the interior pieces?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New truck - Help with ways to protect it inside and out...

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    So the exterior pretty self-explanatory paint wise, a ceramic coating. Being that its new, Im might just pay someone to do it... Whats the longest lasting one now? Suggestions on wheel coating?

What about the interior? I have Ultima Interior guard but Ive seen some coatings out there now too... The seats are leather but I know the dash is fake lather/imitation whatever...

I've used Meg's UFF on interior vinyl and leather surfaces. Worked out pretty darn good! Not sure on the durability though as it was on a customer's vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon has 2 leather protection products, check them outNew truck - Help with ways to protect it inside and out...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So from looking on a few etailers at products, it hit me... I guess the main thing I would be concerned about on leather seats is decreasing its friction coefficient thus making getting in and out/moving around easier. If there is less friction that would create less wear...

Im part of the crowd that believes that new leather cannot benefit from a lotion conditioner, that stuff will never get to the leather as there is a vinyl coating over the new leather. Now old, crazed leather, yeah you may benefit from that or something like Leatherique.

Post Thanks / Like

New truck - Help with ways to protect it inside and out...

Im part of the crowd that believes that new leather cannot benefit from a lotion conditioner, that stuff will never get to the leather as there is a vinyl coating over the new leather. Now old, crazed leather, yeah you may benefit from that or something like Leatherique.
    This is from the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner description page.

So that being said... How exactly is old leather going to benefit if it’s already messed up? Prevention is the key.

This might be the best product conditioner wise... Read the description page.

Pinnacle Black Label Hide-Soft Leather Conditioner, king ranch leather conditioner

Btw what kind of new truck did you get? Pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Going later, its a new f250 ruby red or something lol

Post Thanks / Like

I would not get hung up on the longest lasting coating. Most coatings are going to need a decon every few months.

You will more than likely need some sort of correction a year or max two years. Especially if it’s a daily driver that sees the real world.

If you decide to do it yourself then I will post up which coating to go with.

Is there a reason why you don’t want to do the work yourself?

Same goes for wheel coatings as I mentioned up above. Most perform about the same. Some are more hydrophobic than others.

For the interior what you have will work fine. If you want to try a leather coating then Cquartz Leather and Gyeon Leather Shield both work good. You can search for my review for each one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I would not get hung up on the longest lasting coating. Most coatings are going to need a decon every few months.

You will more than likely need some sort of correction a year or max two years. Especially if it’s a daily driver that sees the real world.

If you decide to do it yourself then I will post up which coating to go with.

Is there a reason why you don’t want to do the work yourself?

Same goes for wheel coatings as I mentioned up above. Most perform about the same. Some are more hydrophobic than others.

For the interior what you have will work fine. If you want to try a leather coating then Cquartz Leather and Gyeon Leather Shield both work good. You can search for my review for each one.
    Hey,
    I did my coatings on my old truck, but I guess since its new lol I dont want to mess it up. 70k for a truck is a lot but I dont think I could do any damage to it if I didnt do anything to my older truck...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,
    I did my coatings on my old truck, but I guess since its new lol I dont want to mess it up. 70k for a truck is a lot but I dont think I could do any damage to it if I didnt do anything to my older truck...
    Everything’s easier when it’s new.

10. Likes PaulMys, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Everything’s easier when it’s new.
    This is true, WAY less imperfections. I told the dealer to not wash it and they all stared at me lol. Tried to sell me their fancy interior and exterior coating, nah. Still has all of the delivery stickers all over the windows etc. I have to take care of that today. I'll most likely wait till the fall time to polish it because I have shade, but still if its hot out the polishes loose their working time faster than if it were cooler out.