autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin AutoScrub vs Mothers Speed Clay 2.0

Back in the days claylube was a scarce commodity because we were used to having only that little bottle of Quik Detailer that was supplied in the claybar kit. I dunno about you, but when I would run out of that Quik Detailer it put a halt to my process because I either had to run back to the store and spend more or improvise and begin winging it, which wasn’t my plan since I was a noob.

But these days claylube is an infinite supply thanks to rinsless wash concentrate i.e. McKee’s N-914. If you don’t have some yet I strongly recommend it.

It has lots of uses and 1 gallon yields 512 thirty two ounce bottles of claylube. It’s nice not to run out of that bottle of Quik Detailer.Nanoskin AutoScrub vs Mothers Speed Clay 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Eldorado2K says about all about the clay alternatives. I would only ad one thing and that's how you store it. I'm not certain with the Nanoskin Autoscub synthetic clay. But those I have it's important to not fold them or store them with the synthetic clay down against anything. I use plastic touts that are big enough and lay one synthetic clay in the tout with the synthetic clay up. It's sticky by nature and can be a mess if folded together or it lays against anything. When you are going to use it the next time it can be like glued together if it's folded or the synthetic clay breaks and is left on to where it stored against.

3. Likes Eldorado2k, mrq0604 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your inputs! I truly appreciate it!

Before I sign off to detail my car...

What is the difference between "Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge" and "Wash Mitt"? Does anyone have experiences with both products? My detail store only carries "Speedy Prep Sponge"....

5. Likes mrq0604 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E93to View Post
    Thanks for all your inputs! I truly appreciate it!

Before I sign off to detail my car...

What is the difference between "Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge" and "Wash Mitt"? Does anyone have experiences with both products? My detail store only carries "Speedy Prep Sponge"....
    They’re basically all the same, just different shapes and grades of aggressiveness. So similar that they’re actually manufactured by the same company, SM Arnold. Nanoskin is just their cooler sounding name brand to put on the label and market towards a different target buyer. But as far as Nanoskin, Auto Scrub, SM Arnold Speedy Prep Towel, Sponge, it’s all made by the same company.

7. Likes E93to, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    They’re basically all the same, just different shapes and grades of aggressiveness. So similar that they’re actually manufactured by the same company, SM Arnold. Nanoskin is just their cooler sounding name brand to put on the label and market towards a different target buyer. But as far as Nanoskin, Auto Scrub, SM Arnold Speedy Prep Towel, Sponge, it’s all made by the same company.
    Thank you.

Sorry for the confusion, but I am aware that they are both (Autoscrub and Wash Mitt) made by Nanoskin. I was wondering whether Wash Mitt is more effective than Autoscrub...

9. Likes mrq0604 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

Sorry for the confusion, but I am aware that they are both (Autoscrub and Wash Mitt) made by Nanoskin. I was wondering whether Wash Mitt is more effective than Autoscrub...
    Compare med grade clay mitt to med grade clay towel to med grade nano sponge and they’ll all have the same on the business side of them. The only difference is how they fit your hand aka user experience.

Just like a 900 lumen flashlight will work the same way a 900 lumen headlamp will if made by the same manufacturer.

11. Likes mrq0604 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

I think that you are overthinking this. The Mitt allows for greater coverage, while the smaller sponges allow you to concentrate it in a smaller area.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes mrq0604 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The sponge auto scrubs are tiny. The mitts are bigger but floppy. Why I went with the Griots SC for most surfaces and use auto scrubs for tighter places. If you want to stick with nano skins I would try the ones the make for D/A polishers and just use with hand attachment.

Roll over to Griots site and check out the reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123