autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What pressure washers are you guys using ?

Thinking about getting myself one. I saw a Yahama Powerstroke 3100psi the other day in Costco. I wouldn't mind trying out a foam cannon. Are there any specs to take into consideration for foam cannons ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What pressure washers are you guys using ?

Quote Originally Posted by thedoc46 View Post
    Thinking about getting myself one. I saw a Yahama Powerstroke 3100psi the other day in Costco. I wouldn't mind trying out a foam cannon. Are there any specs to take into consideration for foam cannons ?
    I believe the PSI is the spec that's the most important, as it pertains to the foam cannon, but flow rate (GPM) is more important as it pertains to getting good foam out of a cannon. I use a SunJoe SPX3000, rated at 2030 psi/1.76 gpm.....both overstated. It is more than sufficient for washing cars and works well with my two foam cannons, one a PF22 and the other an Amazon 20.00 special. A Comet 1700 is in my future as soon as they're available in the U.S.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a cheezy Ryobi. Does what I need it to do.

4. Likes PaulMys, spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I have a cheezy Ryobi. Does what I need it to do.
    I thought they discontinued the Cheezy models.

I read that the Moderately Crappy units were outselling them..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes joleyred, spazzz, rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the Portland Electric 17.50 PSI - 1.3 GPM (AKA - H F) this dose what I want. Also at a nice "price".
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

When you have a PW with over 2000psi the most important spec is the gpm it has. The more the better with gpm from the PW to clean with. When you have a high gpm you use a nozzle tip that you have a size that is getting you in the range of 1500psi-2000psi.

When it comes to foamcannons it's on what gpm from the PW you have. And get the suited orifice in the foamcannon to get the right dilution from the foamcannon. Cause if you use a smaller orifice in the foamcannon than it's able to handle. The psi from the foamcannon is getting to high and wear on the PW more than needed. MTM has an awesome calculator for getting the right orifice in the foamcannon and also the wanted orifice in the nozzle tip to get the psi you want. Without going over the specs to what your PW can handle. With a to large of orifice in the foamcannon you get it to not foam as good. And with a to small orifice in the foamcannon you get a to high of the psi and also the PW pump is working to much. When you have a to small orifice in the nozzle tip. The psi is to high and with an electric PW it can start to pulse as a safety precaution. If a to big orifice in the nozzle tip you get a to low of psi to effectively cleaning with the water pressure from the PW. So it's a good thing to look this up and with knowing the specs on the PW it's easy with the calculators on MTM website.

I have a Kärcher K7 Premium Full Control Plus Flex with the specs 2600psi 2.6gpm and it's a 240v electric motor. It's the highest spec PW I can have on the 240v. I have the specs on the gpm from the PW that is on the edge to have the standard 1.25mm orifice in the foamcannon or use the 1.30mm orifice in the foamcannon. It works good with the 1.30mm orifice now. But with the new foamcannon I have bought I will test it with the standard 1.25mm orifice in it for a while. I got a set of nozzle tips with a to small orifice on them. The PW started to pulsing in the pressure so that's how I noticed that. But all don't do this and also with foamcannons it's harder to notice if the orifice is too small. Especially on gas PW. So it's even more important to follow the recommendation to which orifice in the foamcannon and nozzle tip you are going to be useing. They are not the same either in these.

Post Thanks / Like

I use ryobi electric 2300 psi 1.2 gpm. It works well with foam cannons and cleans car well. I bought it cuz it used a brushless motor so hoping to get 3-5 years out of it. Got it on sale for around $200. Currently around $279-329.

If I had to do again would buy a sun joe commercial model. One your looking sounds like gas. If gpm is over 1.5 I say go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As a hobbyist I use the cordless spx6001c. Up here in the Northeast all outdoor water lines are turned off in winter so when we get above freezing I wheel this out and wash 2 cars on one battery charge no problem. When the weather warms And the water is turned on the Sunjoe is used as a final rinse in which I have 1/2 filled the tank with DI water. Can also wheel it on to the dock to wash the boat
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

11. Likes SWETM, ssnimrod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer GPW1501. Fits the bill for my needs as a weekend warrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you decide on a 3100 PSI pressure washer, make sure to use a while fan nozzle (40 degrees, the white one) and don't get the lance close to the paint. Normally for cars 2000 PSI or lower is safest. More power will allow you to do a faster job at cleaning but you have to be more careful because you can damage the paint with that much pressure.

I use a 1800 PSI electric pressure washer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast