autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What pressure washers are you guys using ?

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

Bought this the other week. Mainly for giggles and cleaning my siding on my house. I also have AR's top of the line consumer electric and a Hydroshot.

Of course, I had to try it on a car + w/ foam cannon. I have the original MTM foam cannon from years ago. Got super thick Chemical Guys video shaving cream like foam you don't get with an electric. The 40° nozzle is good for cleaning cars.

BTW, I've had my foam cannon maybe 8 years? and have never rinsed it out once and it works perfectly. I'm not sure the point to rinsing it out - you're using soap in it - which is non corrosive and can stay in a cheap plastic container forever without damaging that. It's diluted in the cannon. Shouldn't ever have an issue really.

Honestly, not a lot of love for gas pressure washers from detailers. But TBH they are faster & just work better. The hose on this specific unit is real rubber - so much better to use than the vinyl kink hoses that come with electric. You can get around the car so much faster with the higher volume & pressure. No electric to plug in - only external you need to worry about is a hose.

This specific machine has idle down and auto choke. Basically you just pull the cord & yr in business. It's fairly quiet as well.

So far I'd recommend this machine. It has a Briggs engine as do all my other motorized equipment & I've never had an issue yet. I do maintain them & run Stabil & Seam Foam in the gas.
    What did that run ya? Interested in a review. My sunjoe is handy and all but that’d be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    As a hobbyist I use the cordless spx6001c. Up here in the Northeast all outdoor water lines are turned off in winter so when we get above freezing I wheel this out and wash 2 cars on one battery charge no problem. When the weather warms And the water is turned on the Sunjoe is used as a final rinse in which I have 1/2 filled the tank with DI water. Can also wheel it on to the dock to wash the boat
    Talked me into it!

The hose is on one side of the house, the driveway is on the other, so its like 60'-70' of hose just to get to the driveway. Really annoying unwinding / winding the hose back up.

Also ordered the Griots Boss Foam Cannon, their soap and poly gloss package, looking forward to running this stuff this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

The Craftsman pressure washer cost $320 + tax. On sale + Lowe’s coupon. It’s worth it just to not have to deal with the miserably cheap hose almost all electric consumer pressure washers come with.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a briggs 2800. great little unit and if you're patient you can get what is normally a $300 unit for $200.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    The Craftsman pressure washer cost $320 + tax. On sale + Lowe’s coupon. It’s worth it just to not have to deal with the miserably cheap hose almost all electric consumer pressure washers come with.
    Amen to that.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    i have a briggs 2800. great little unit and if you're patient you can get what is normally a $300 unit for $200.
    I may get one myself. Is the pressure washer hose the standard 14mm diameter inside the M22 metric thread ?

Post Thanks / Like

Ryobi 1600 1.2 along with the MTM kit with the kobra jet hose, and i am possibly picking up an AR630.
    If i was just a car washer, i would go gas

Post Thanks / Like

I am a gasoline powered machine fan.

Ethanol damage (Thank you, Government) scares most people off nowadays, but with a little knowledge it is not a problem to own small engine powered equipment.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Had my detailing equipment stolen last month. In the process of replacing everything now.

I used to run a Simoniz 1800 PSI pressure washer with a Stranton and briggs (SP?) hose and a flexzilla extension hose with an ebay style short gun.

I am replacing it with a Karcher Cube 1700 because it is much smaller and have the same type of pump as what I had, and according to Obsessed Garage it has standard M22 connectors as opposed to Simoniz who runs the european M22 standard which is a pain to replace any accessories.

I also ordered a Mosmatic gun, with the wand extension and MTM foam cannon from Obsessed garage. Crazy expensive but since I use it for my business I don't mind too much. I also ordered a new Flexzilla hose.

Should be getting all of this this week and finaly put my stock Simoniz pressure washer back in the garage to serve as a backup... I have been running it for about 3 weeks now and I can't wait to replace it. The standard hose is way too short and is always coiling up and twisting, it's quite annoying to use! Also going from a short gun to the long gun that come with basic pressure washers is not fun, especially when sitting in front of the tires to clean them.

Total cost of my new setup will be around 550 CAN$, so it's a bit more expensive than what I used to run, but I think it will be much better overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Had my detailing equipment stolen last month. In the process of replacing everything now.
    That sucks. do you have a van? how did they get it? you park on the street? Insurance taking care of the loss?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123