autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Pink Car Soap

I have not but know about them. Never found a reason to try one myself since i found the pink soap.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Bryan, have you ever tried rinseless washes?

Post Thanks / Like

I have have done that in the past but I still get water spots. If I dont dry it quick enough I still get them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Keep the car wet by spraying water on the cleaned areas until you are ready to dry entire vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Test the 3D Pink Soap for a while and see if it's effecting the hydrophobic properties on your coating. And maybe throw in a Reset wash every 4th wash or so. I would maybe call or e-mail the 3D and ask about the Pink Soap. Or you can go with McKees 37 SiO2 Wash that are designed to be no problem if dries out on the paint. And from what I have seen it's works for they who have used it.

You could dry the car at sections as you wash with Reset too. And if the water spots is not so harsh a wipe down with Carpro EcH2O at the waterless wash solution or QD dilution could get the water spots off. Or another waterless wash that leaves nothing behind. They have often pretty good water spot desolving abilities when they are fresh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Test the 3D Pink Soap for a while and see if it's effecting the hydrophobic properties on your coating. And maybe throw in a Reset wash every 4th wash or so. I would maybe call or e-mail the 3D and ask about the Pink Soap. Or you can go with McKees 37 SiO2 Wash that are designed to be no problem if dries out on the paint. And from what I have seen it's works for they who have used it.

You could dry the car at sections as you wash with Reset too. And if the water spots is not so harsh a wipe down with Carpro EcH2O at the waterless wash solution or QD dilution could get the water spots off. Or another waterless wash that leaves nothing behind. They have often pretty good water spot desolving abilities when they are fresh.
    I have used McKees 37 SiO2 Wash in direct sun on a hot day and it certainly worked as advertised. It actually made the car seem glossier, but it could just be my mind (car wasn't coated). Only gripe was it didn't foam all that great in the foam cannon, but that could be on me.

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limited0602 View Post
    I have used McKees 37 SiO2 Wash in direct sun on a hot day and it certainly worked as advertised. It actually made the car seem glossier, but it could just be my mind (car wasn't coated). Only gripe was it didn't foam all that great in the foam cannon, but that could be on me.
    Awesome to hear that it works so well in the sun and when it dries the McKees 37 SiO2 Wash.

If this have some kind of SiO2 in it. It's no strange that it don't foam well. In some products out of detailing SiO2 is used as a anti-foaming agent. And most SiO2 soaps I known of haveing hard to hold up the suds in a wash bucket. But the suds/foam is not so important if you have enough of lubrication and cleaning ability still from it. I think that suds/foam in car soap has a purpose of not drying so fast so you are able to rinse it off before it dries under normal environment.

7. Likes limited0602 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12