autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bee Droppings? Difficult to get off.

I have seen posts on this before but I cant find a definitive answer.

Here in Southern California we get tons of what I understand to be bee droppings. They are small and yellow, sometimes a little brown when they dry.

They get everywhere, and basically after cleaning my car there is usually one that has already dropped, its like they know. They do not etch.

What doesn't work:

My Kranzle pressure washer has trouble getting some of them off. It can get most, but some, even up close with high pressure have trouble budging. I have used bug and tar remover and that doesn't work. Clay doesn't budge a lot of them (medium clay bar). A strong soap doesn't budge them. A cleaner wax doesn't budge them.

What does work:

A good soaking usually loosens them, but when washing the car outdoors I can't leave it soaked for any period of time, and this is inefficient. A finger nail will get them off, but that is highly inefficient. A waterless wash, helps, focusing the stream on the dropping and spraying them repeatedly to saturate them then wiping, but this is inefficient too.

Everything that does work is inefficient. I know there are some pros that do this stuff for a living, and I would think that they cant waste time messing with these. Does anyone have advice on how they deal with these swiftly and efficiently?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bee Droppings?  Difficult to get off.-1-jpg   Bee Droppings?  Difficult to get off.-2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bee Droppings? Difficult to get off.

Quote Originally Posted by paul914 View Post
    I have seen posts on this before but I cant find a definitive answer.

Here in Southern California we get tons of what I understand to be bee droppings. They are small and yellow, sometimes a little brown when they dry.

They get everywhere, and basically after cleaning my car there is usually one that has already dropped, its like they know. They do not etch.

What doesn't work:

My Kranzle pressure washer has trouble getting some of them off. It can get most, but some, even up close with high pressure have trouble budging. I have used bug and tar remover and that doesn't work. Clay doesn't budge a lot of them (medium clay bar). A strong soap doesn't budge them. A cleaner wax doesn't budge them.

What does work:

A good soaking usually loosens them, but when washing the car outdoors I can't leave it soaked for any period of time, and this is inefficient. A finger nail will get them off, but that is highly inefficient. A waterless wash, helps, focusing the stream on the dropping and spraying them repeatedly to saturate them then wiping, but this is inefficient too.

Everything that does work is inefficient. I know there are some pros that do this stuff for a living, and I would think that they cant waste time messing with these. Does anyone have advice on how they deal with these swiftly and efficiently?

Thanks!
    Weird because I get those every day here in Central Florida. I guess the key is having a smooth finish and a good sealer. With that these wipe off easily with either my Griot's Best of Show Detailer or ONR detailer. Every few weeks I put on a new coat of Beadmaker after a maintenance wash and in between those I do an ONR wash.

Sent from my Phone using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes TimD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in SoCal, it doesn't matter what you do to the car to protect it, they don't come off easily with any method known to man. Bee poop is called frass is it's basically digested pollen. Fortunately, they don't seem to ever etch the clear. The way we get them off, and we deal with this in volume on a daily basis, is to TRY and wash mitt most of them off, pressure wash what we missed and the last few remaining usually come right off with a damp drying towel during the drying process. On cars with paint in poor condition, they might take a little scraping to get them off.

Post Thanks / Like

Finger nail.

6. Likes TimD, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if something like the Sonax insect sponge would work? It does a good job on dried insect spatters.

I soaked my in my wash bucket and then used it on a few random splatters this weekend. It tends to soften up a bit when really wet, and I was surprised by how well it removed bugs without having to scrub in a way it would scratch the paint. I'd think it might be just as effective on the bee droppings.

I do feel your pain. When I lived in Hawaii my car would be covered in the stuff all the time.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

just lurking to see what the buzz was about. I knew I wouldn't bee disappointed. carryon.

9. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What about a citrus-based degreaser like Citrol 266?

11. Likes Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's bee poop? Every single car that I work on has those little spots and I usually use my fingernail. I had no idea what it was from, but they're a PITA.
    2005 Dodge SRT4 400whp/480wtq | 2015 Nissan Frontier (daily driver) Both are corrected and coated with CQuartz UK 3.0 by me
    I detail out of my garage as a side job on the weekends and do about 6-8 cars per month.

Post Thanks / Like

How about useing an APC or alkaline degreaser. Spray on and let it dwell and PW clean rinsing it off. Or as briarpatch mentioned a citrus based degreaser. You might need to be aggitate it in the middle of the dwell time. Ad an extra spray for a little longer dwell time. Maybe something like the Poorboy's Bugs Squash or Optimum Power Clean or Carpro MultiX.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Finger nail.
    Exactly!

I love this forum, and the info I have gleaned from here.

But every single little thing doesn't need a chemical or another product to buy as the only solution.

I routinely find these on my truck, and the only thing that gets them off without fail, and in less then a split second is your own fingernail.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast