autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee’s 37 floor mat and cargo liner rejuvenator

Would this product work on cleaning a line x bed liner?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee’s 37 floor mat and cargo liner rejuvenator

I didn't even know this product was available from McKee's. Thanks for pointing it out!

Now for your question...

I can't see this working well for a spray-in bed lining. It's probably designed more for treating and protecting vinyl surfaces which aren't exposed to the outside environment. For a bead liner I'd think a common APC would work just as well and be far cheaper considering the large surface area of a truck bed.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

It is a good product. I use it on my factory Chevy floor liners. But as mentioned, I don't think it would work well on a bed liner like line-x. I shoot mine with a degreaser 1:4 followed by a strong rinse of water. I think I read somewhere rhino liners has a product to rejuvenate bed liners.

Now on a plastic bed liner, it might do some good. But you sure would use plenty of product!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Works great for floor mats and cargo liners. I haven't tried it on anything else.
    Be sure to wear gloves too. My skin was messed up for about 2 days (dry and flaky) after I used this product and got my hands wet with it. And don't spray it close to your face, it has that "suck the oxygen away" type of effect. You can't breathe if the fumes are coming your way.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I didn't even know this product was available from McKee's. Thanks for pointing it out!

Now for your question...

I can't see this working well for a spray-in bed lining. It's probably designed more for treating and protecting vinyl surfaces which aren't exposed to the outside environment. For a bead liner I'd think a common APC would work just as well and be far cheaper considering the large surface area of a truck bed.
    I love mkee's because i'm a sucker for specific products. I feel like if mkee's could sell a glass cleaner specific to rearview mirrors they would haha.

that said, there's gotta be something that's more aio for this type of application.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Works great for floor mats and cargo liners. I haven't tried it on anything else.
    Be sure to wear gloves too. My skin was messed up for about 2 days (dry and flaky) after I used this product and got my hands wet with it. And don't spray it close to your face, it has that "suck the oxygen away" type of effect. You can't breathe if the fumes are coming your way.
    Thanks for the warning. Seems like the chemical make-up is a little harsh for what is essentially an interior trim cleaner/protectant. There is no way I'd use it in the garage. Does anyone know if Weathertech's product has the same attributes?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I use this product in a closed garage all the time, without any ill effect. I even have forgotten to wear gloves a few times when using it on my own cars, also without harm. I'm not suggesting that going without gloves is wise, but I encountered no issues doing so. And although it certainly ain't the same sweet smell as BeadMaker, it's no where near as pungent as any of the iron removers.

I love the stuff.

I agree it's probably mis-applied to use it on bed liners, and can't be very cost effective for that application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the warning. Seems like the chemical make-up is a little harsh for what is essentially an interior trim cleaner/protectant. There is no way I'd use it in the garage. Does anyone know if Weathertech's product has the same attributes?
    If you've used their Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator, which is awesome, it will feel like it's the same product with a different bottle. Same exact smell and all. It's not stinky, perhaps just something you should protect yourself from - which we should when using any chemicals really.
    Bruno Soares