autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR in QD dilution hard to wipe

This car has 5k miles on it, not a long time for windshield damage I wouldn't think

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just a question if you have dedicated glass mf towels?

Why I ask is cause if you have used the mf towels to any kind of protection wipe down and washed. And use a glass cleaner with the same mf towel on glass. The glass cleaner can desolve some of the protection it leaves behind on the glass as smears. Just a thought. I have had it happens with a mf towel I thought was clean enough. Since I have started to use dedicated glass mf towels and even wash them separately it's been no problem with the little smearing.

3. Thanks milesvdustin thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have dedicated glass towels now, the diamond weave 16x16 style, but I have wiped windows with my other mf towels before.

I am looking at various water spot removers, any favorites? Also going to get a good spray wax to use every wash, and towel dry instead of air drying.

Anyone want a deal on a metro blaster air dryer? Lol

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered some products, Ill update with some results in the coming week to see if I tackled this or not.

I think once I get the spots off, I am going to have to wash early in the morning or late at night to keep the water from drying before I can dry it off with a drying aid and towels.

Would some ONR quick detail mixed with a little spray wax make a good drying aid?

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you find what works for you. The metro plaster can still be usefull to blow out the nooks and crannies after a wash.

For fresh water spots I think that most of them would work good. Like Carpro Spotless or Gyeon Water Spot remover.

Will be interesting to hear how it goes with the new products for you. This is just me but when useing mf drying towels I don't like to be useing a drying aid. Afterwards I can use a QD or a topper of some kind to spruce up the protection and gloss. The reason I don't like drying aid. Is that for me it messes with the absorption from the drying towels. Maybe if you have something like the McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash in QD dilution. But it's also that drying aids also breaks the water tension and the capillary holding ability the drying towels has. Which results in a less effective drying with the mf drying towel. So spend the money on a great mf drying towel that is not marring and scratches the paint with water standing on it. Most quality mf towels don't do this and are very safe. It's if the towel picks up any abrasive dirt that you marring and scratches the paint with. There comes the Master Blaster in to the rescue as it's most from the nooks and crannies dirt can be missed and gets into the drying towels. A thorough washed vehical should not be marred by drying towels. If you have a great drying technique and depending on the softness your paint has. And if your paint marring easly I would blot drying with the mf drying towel or padding drying maybe is better described. As you only lay on the drying towel without drag it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, while waiting on my spot remover products, I decided to do a rinse less wash with ONR. Happy to report it went very well, except it was tough to dry because of the mineral spots. Lots of towel dragging. But, I did not introduce any marring to the paint, so yay for me. Topped it with megs UQW and it looks awesome.

Didnt do the wheels, way too much crud.

10. Likes SWETM, MattPersman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I got the spot remover stuff. It's a product called CRL water spot remover for windows. It has the same ingredients as some automotive spot removers so I figured it's good to go, it's just in a liquid form, not a gel.

I diluted it 1:1 and went after the windows. It took all the mineral film off in about 30 seconds. So I tried the paint. I have a spot where a fine motoring enthusiast decided his door needed to hit mine and dented my door and scratched it to the primer, so I tried it on that area since it's going to get re sprayed in a couple weeks.

Took it all right off! And the quick detailer towel dragging issue is gone.

Now to look at DI water filters for when I need to use a hose. RW will be my go to when possible.

Attached pics show the film when wetted, then the window wet with invisible glass, can't see the spots anymore. Last one is a clean window. That first one showing the spots looks like I sprayed, but all the spots are the mineral spots, not spray droplets.

12. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And the paint

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome that it worked for you. What I think could be between the product you got for glass and the dedicated for vehicals paint. Is the lubrication the ones for vehicals has a little in them. But if you just wipe it off with gentle touch you will be fine.

A couple of days ago I needed to be doing a fast wash and it's around 10am in the sun. And of cause I got some water spots LOL. When we just talked about it. Didn't dry as I was late and just drived it dry. Problem is that the LSP has just failed too. So the water don't fly off as it normaly do. So will test out a rinseless wash for the first time. And if that's don't sort it out it's out with the water spot remover. Go figure huh LOL

Hope you have that smoother paint to work on from now on.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

There is a product I found called Mark V Splash, and it has the same ingredients. I just got this faster from Amazon with prime.

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123