autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to prevent leather seats from looking like this

So I have x3 2019 bmw and leather seats are great. However, I worry that i till turn out like this eventually https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/ima...al_main_2x.jpg

I mean I went to amazon and saw this to maintain
    (Link Removed)

Coming from cloth seats , this is all new to me .

So if I just basically do that and vaccum will it be good throughout life of my car?

I don't drive this car as daily driver but when I do , i sometimes do computer work in the car parked somewhere with view and get comfy. Meaning some areas get more pressued then others in the seats as opposed to sitting down regular and driving. (This won't occur a lot as I probally will drive like 8k miles a year or below. So questions

1. Sitting awkwardly pose any issues of weird indentation etc.. (As mentioned won't be doing it often just when catching up with some work and wanna drive)

2. Is the above link all I need to take care of these seats? (if any other products or maintenace is required I'm all for it! Just not sure what to do

3. So when I go play tennis or something and my shirt is bit sweaty and forget extra shirt etc.. will the sweat etc do any damage?

4. Is it adviced i get some covers or should be ok. I don't like covers but if it preserves it im all for it

Since I usually drive solo and other seats aren't gonna be used much, I am concern mostly about driver side.

Any tips would be great.
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 07-15-2019 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Link to Amazon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to prevent leather seats from looking like this

Advice? Yeah, try not to let your car get to be 100 years old. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Clean and condition the seats a couple times a year. Then trade the car in 3-4 years. Honestly, you're overthinking it a little. I'm sure the product you listed is fine, but there's better products available as Chemical Guys is typically pretty overpriced for what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Clean and condition the seats a couple times a year. Then trade the car in 3-4 years. Honestly, you're overthinking it a little. I'm sure the product you listed is fine, but there's better products available as Chemical Guys is typically pretty overpriced for what it is.
    I noticed chemical guys is not overpriced but seems they got good reviews on this . If there is something please chime in

3 to 4 years is it gonna start showing creases etc. ? These seat seems bit sturdy and not bouncy leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

BMW leather typically starts looking a little worn at 3-4 years. Obviously, YMMV based on your driving habits, mileage, local temps, garaging status, your weight, etc. Many factors will determine how your leather will wear. My wife drives only to and from work at night and in the moring, parks in the garage during the day and weighs 100 lbs. Her leather seats in her 2013 look like brand new every time I clean them.

As far as Chemical Guys, their products are typically overpriced, but as you said this product looks affordable.

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage makes GREAT leather products across the board, been using them for years. That said, I bought Connelly leather cleaner from the clearance store here and use that as a cleaner, it's very concentrated. To keep my seats protected in my newish car is Gyeon Leather, incredible product, they even have an actual coating for the leather as wellHow to prevent leather seats from looking like this

Spending a little bit more on quality will make a difference, plus doing it a couple times a yearHow to prevent leather seats from looking like thisHow to prevent leather seats from looking like this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    So I have x3 2019 bmw and leather seats
    are great. However, I worry that i till turn
    out like this eventually
    https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/ima...al_main_2x.jpg

Any tips would be great.
    In an effort to reduce your consternation
    regarding the care of your particular BMW’s
    leather appointments, I’ll suggest you choose
    from one of the following product lines:

1.) Leather Masters {labeled as:
    “for aniline and protected leathers”.}
    2.) BMW (branded) Leather Care Set
    {contact dealership.}

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about Leather Masters, great products! It's been quite some time since I used them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use the Blackfire Leather Complete on new leather. Quickly clean & protect your leather seats in just one easy step.

BLACKFIRE Leather Complete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    BMW leather typically starts looking a little worn at 3-4 years. Obviously, YMMV based on your driving habits, mileage, local temps, garaging status, your weight, etc. Many factors will determine how your leather will wear. My wife drives only to and from work at night and in the moring, parks in the garage during the day and weighs 100 lbs. Her leather seats in her 2013 look like brand new every time I clean them.

As far as Chemical Guys, their products are typically overpriced, but as you said this product looks affordable.
    So I’m 145lbs
    driving habit (not sure what you mean)
    Garage daily (personal home)
    I would say it will be about 250 to 350 mile a week

How often did you clean them? What a nice husband to clean for wife lol

But didn’t know bmw seats wore out so soon. That sucks. Do any car covers prevent any of these ? As mentioned I sometimes sit little awkward when doing emails in car from laptop for comfort so think if there is some sort of cushion cover that contours to the seat my awkward seating will impact the cushion not the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast