autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bead Maker question

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ResultsBead Maker question

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I've received my bottle, but haven't and won't actually be applying it for a few more weeks, at the earliest. I'm dealing with a killer cold right now, and I need to do some paint correction, a polish, and apply a wax/sealant before I try the Bead Maker, especially since I bought it to use as a topper product and not as a standalone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes pwoptima liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    I've received my bottle, but haven't and won't actually be applying it for a few more weeks, at the earliest. I'm dealing with a killer cold right now, and I need to do some paint correction, a polish, and apply a wax/sealant before I try the Bead Maker, especially since I bought it to use as a topper product and not as a standalone.

Over thinking it dude, throw it on the imperfect paint and see what it does.

A decon will strip it in a second.

4. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, just do an IronX decon, rinse, wash the car, dry and apply it just to tie you over and see what its all about. That said, once you've done what your planning, it will be a great partner to you and as you know, as long as you play to its strengths, your good to go!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a new user to BM I feel this is the perfect time to jump in...

First a tiny bit of history, on my new Lexus GS, Blackfire One Step, Sonax PNS, then topped with BSD every 2-3 washes... it's been keeping me happy for the last 8 months! Been hearing good things about BM on another forum and decided to try it.

1. Just applied it on top of the BSD and I'm immediately blown away by the slickness! Never have I felt paint this smooth and slick! Blown away!

2. My 2002 Sequoia's old and the paint hasn't seen any product for at least 2 years. Gave it a wash, a marginal polish with One Step (just 2-3 passes with a GG DA), topped with BM on the front and driver's side, huh? Where did the slickness go? Decided to try an experiment and covered the rest of the truck with Meg's Ultimate Spray Wax. This actually came out better than the BM. Had a week of rain in South Florida and I am totally unimpressed with BM, the Spray wax beads better and looks cleaner than the BM side.

3. Washed the Seq again and applied BM once more over the last application. No rain but after a few days the BM side is dusty and the Meg's side is noticeably cleaner as well.

4. Lexus has been in the garage for the last 3 1/2 weeks with it's first coat of BM, still unbelievably slick to the touch.

As far as the Seq is concerned, I'm looking to wash a couple more time and hit it with BSD, to see if there's an improvement. BSD is not slick, is grabby to apply, but makes the paint glow and repels water and grime like a mother! Besides, it's worked well for me on the Lexus these past 8 months.

I'm about ready to give up on BM, looking to pass it to my brother in law who got a black Accord this past Christmas. He's not a car guy so it won't take much to please him...

8. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Over thinking it dude, throw it on the imperfect paint and see what it does.

A decon will strip it in a second.
    I don't really consider "saving product" to be overthinking it....I mean, I did pay for it (it wasn't given to me). I'm patient, I now have the product, and I'll use and see how it performs sometime in the next few weeks or so. I just can't really justify wasting it by applying it only to turn around and remove it almost immediately afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chinee View Post
    As a new user to BM I feel this is the perfect time to jump in...

First a tiny bit of history, on my new Lexus GS, Blackfire One Step, Sonax PNS, then topped with BSD every 2-3 washes... it's been keeping me happy for the last 8 months! Been hearing good things about BM on another forum and decided to try it.

1. Just applied it on top of the BSD and I'm immediately blown away by the slickness! Never have I felt paint this smooth and slick! Blown away!
    2. My 2002 Sequoia's old and the paint hasn't see any product for at least 2 years. Gave it a wash, a marginal polish with One Step (just 2-3 passes with a GG DA), topped with BM on the front and driver's side, huh? Where did the slickness go? Decided to try an experiment and covered the rest of the truck with Meg's Ultimate Spray Wax. This actually came out better than the BM. Had a week of rain in South Florida and I am totally unimpressed with BM, the Spray wax beads better and looks cleaner than the BM side.
    3. Washed the Seq again and applied BM once more over the last application. No rain but after a few days the BM side is dusty and the Meg's side is noticably cleaner as well.
    4. Lexus has been in the garage for the last 3 weeks with it's first coat of BM, still unbelievably slick to the touch.

As far as the Seq is concerned, I'm looking to wash a couple more time and hit it with BSD, to see if there's an improvement. BSD is not slick, is grabby to apply, but makes the paint glow and repels water and grime like a mother! Besides, it's worked well for me on the Lexus these past 8 months.

I'm about ready to give up on BM, looking to pass it to my brother in law who got a black Accord this past Christmas. He's not a car guy so it won't take much to please him...
    I have heard and read several times that Bead Maker interacts differently with different waxes/sealants/coatings. Your situation doesn't sound all that different. I believe in was WaxMode who did a video recently where he basically tried it on two different coatings and experienced two different results in terms of hydrophobicity. So it probably does bond and interact better on some surfaces compared to others. That said, I'll definitely be giving it a shot and hoping for the best. I have a few different wax/sealants that I'll be partnering it with to see how it responds to each. Hopefully it will play well and marry up with each of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    I have heard and read several times that Bead Maker interacts differently with different waxes/sealants/coatings. Your situation doesn't sound all that different. I believe in was WaxMode who did a video recently where he basically tried it on two different coatings and experienced two different results in terms of hydrophobicity. So it probably does bond and interact better on some surfaces compared to others. That said, I'll definitely be giving it a shot and hoping for the best. I have a few different wax/sealants that I'll be partnering it with to see how it responds to each. Hopefully it will play well and marry up with each of them.

I also suspect that's the case, hence my little experimenting. I like fiddling in my garage, so I'll keep fiddling with BM until I find a good match, or get tired and pass it along to someone else. I think my next experiment will be on my wife's work car, a '17 black Taurus that's never seen anything but soap and water every 6-8 weeks or so. I'll hand wash it and apply the BM liberally after drying. I'll report back my impressions.

12. Likes pwoptima liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As I stated before I use BM as a drying agent great shine slickness but it does seem like a dust / pollen magnet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I am just glad to see that the product is going to be getting used by someone who has never tried it before Bead Maker question

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a gallon that I would like to give away.

I don't have anything negative to say about the product per se ... just not for me

I have limited area to store products but would hate to throw it away.

Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PBoy View Post
    I have a gallon that I would like to give away.

I don't have anything negative to say about the product per se ... just not for me

I have limited area to store products but would hate to throw it away.

Suggestions?
    Where do you live? I bet someone would be happy to swing by if in the same town.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast