autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?

Any pics?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never really done it other than the touch less washes that include it. I’d maybe be inclined to do it 2-3 times a year if I was set up with quick jacks, or something similar that would make it feel more manageable to get up under there.

But on the other hand, I doubt I’ll keep my car for a nice, long life. So by time any rust sets in and starts wreaking havoc it’ll probably be nearing the time that it’ll be sent off to be drained, crushed, and recycled.

If I had a car that was really special to me, I’d probably do my best to keep it clean under there. Or at the very least I just would try to avoid driving it in snow/rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made a post a week or two ago on the sister forum with pictures. I annually do a through by hand undercarriage cleaning. Even on the the convertible that never sees rain or snow.

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not do anything last year to the undercarriage. But comming from tunnel washes for only about 3 years ago. I have not had any setup. Now I have gotten me a PW nozzle tip that has a lower psi. I have a Kärcher K7 PW which is quite powerfull so full strength would not be a good idea LOL. It's Kärcher VP 160 S nozzle tip that I have got a little cart to from a tips from a forum member on Autopia. The cart I have gotten is not a perfect one but only if it survive a couple of washes it would be great. Then I have the look out for a better cart to the nozzle. I also gonna use the extension wand from the patio cleaner.

I think it was around 35-40 $ and the cart was $5. There is a same nozzle tip but for the smaller specs PW.

I did a big misstake when I first tried the soap dispenser on the PW. So a to shorten it it was pressed on to hard and fell inside of the PW LOL. Have been trying to solve this this weekend. But it's a PIA to get inside of the PW. Need a special length of a torx bit that a buddy of mine luckly have so are going to be loaning that and hope I sort it out LOL. It's a soap dispenser that is a Kärcher thing and you can get ready to use chemicals in bottles you attach directly on it. I'm gonna re-use this bottles and use the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD as a prewash and rinse it off very thoroughly with the new nozzle tip. Then I'm going to use Bilt Hamber Auto-wash car soap cause of the corrosion inhibitors in it. Then I have a product that is able to dilute myself and spray on rinse off for the protection it gets me. It's the Krystal Kleen Detail Purity X which is a siloxane concentrate that is very versitale in how you can apply it. Now when I get this setup ready it wont take so much time to get the undercarriage better than doing nothing. So looking forward to it rather than I have done before. When hired a DIY garage with a lift and PW at the gas station. Before when I worked on a saw mill. I used the fork lift there to lift up the car and used the PW and degreaser and car soap to get it ready before the winter and spring cleaning. When the other co-workers saw this you can bet that I did almost everyones cars this way LOL.

7. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Just wheel wells. However I do polish my exhaust.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I did not do anything last year to the undercarriage. But comming from tunnel washes for only about 3 years ago. I have not had any setup. Now I have gotten me a PW nozzle tip that has a lower psi. I have a Kärcher K7 PW which is quite powerfull so full strength would not be a good idea LOL. It's Kärcher VP 160 S nozzle tip that I have got a little cart to from a tips from a forum member on Autopia. The cart I have gotten is not a perfect one but only if it survive a couple of washes it would be great. Then I have the look out for a better cart to the nozzle. I also gonna use the extension wand from the patio cleaner.

I think it was around 35-40 $ and the cart was $5. There is a same nozzle tip but for the smaller specs PW.

I did a big misstake when I first tried the soap dispenser on the PW. So a to shorten it it was pressed on to hard and fell inside of the PW LOL. Have been trying to solve this this weekend. But it's a PIA to get inside of the PW. Need a special length of a torx bit that a buddy of mine luckly have so are going to be loaning that and hope I sort it out LOL. It's a soap dispenser that is a Kärcher thing and you can get ready to use chemicals in bottles you attach directly on it. I'm gonna re-use this bottles and use the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD as a prewash and rinse it off very thoroughly with the new nozzle tip. Then I'm going to use Bilt Hamber Auto-wash car soap cause of the corrosion inhibitors in it. Then I have a product that is able to dilute myself and spray on rinse off for the protection it gets me. It's the Krystal Kleen Detail Purity X which is a siloxane concentrate that is very versitale in how you can apply it. Now when I get this setup ready it wont take so much time to get the undercarriage better than doing nothing. So looking forward to it rather than I have done before. When hired a DIY garage with a lift and PW at the gas station. Before when I worked on a saw mill. I used the fork lift there to lift up the car and used the PW and degreaser and car soap to get it ready before the winter and spring cleaning. When the other co-workers saw this you can bet that I did almost everyones cars this way LOL.
    I know how to drive a forklift and I would never attempt to lift up my car with 1. No way!Does anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?Does anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?Does anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?lol.

There’s a guy on youtube who put the forks right through the floor of his Cadillac Deville when he used a forklift to unload it off a semi trucks flatbed. Now he’s got 2 holes underneath his carpet. Lol. Even if you used extensions on the forks you’d still mess up a Deville trying to lift it with a forklift. Guaranteed. Lol.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be oh so careful even when using a lift designed to lift cars. I have a slight pitch to my garage floor so it takes me longer than if I had a lift in a regular commercial garage setting.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

13. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great question. I have never detailed underneath a car. The best I've done was to reach down and hand spray under the rockers. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't have the equipment or a lift.

15. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I spray down the undercarriage once a month or so. (Actually states to do this in the owners manual).

Before the first snow/freeze here in NY, I get under the truck and let loose with about 3 cans of Fluid Film.

I don't have any pics, Ric. Just imagine the bottom of a truck with everything but the exhaust all oily and dripping. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

17. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent hours last week cleaning the undercarriage of the 16 Buick Encore. I used purple power, hot water, various brushes, a old mf mitt, four jackstands, a full face shield, a creeper, and about four hours.

Long winter with not enough maintenance washing. Spring undercarriage wash was a bit longer this year. Thank goodness it doesn`t look bad after cleaning. The odd thing I did was put cmx on the muffler. You can see the muffler when walking up behind the car or following it. It`s a black muffler that quickly looks horrible. I guess I`ll see if it can take the heat and if it helps keep it clean.

Does anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?-img_0371-jpgDoes anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?-img_0372-jpgDoes anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?-img_0373-jpgDoes anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?-img_0374-jpgDoes anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?-img_0375-jpgDoes anyone routinely do underbody wash/detail?-img_0376-jpg

19. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast