autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need tire cleaner to remove brown staining that is safe on polished billet wheels

I have used Wesley's Bleche White for years, but the etching it leaves is not acceptable on my bare polished wheels. Looking for a safe tire cleaner to remove the browning from ozone & old dressing that won't kill my wheels. Something reasonable in price & locally available would be bonuses. Most of the acid-free tire cleaners don't mention how safe they are on bare aluminum.

Thanks for your help!!

Mike Phillips

Re: Need tire cleaner to remove brown staining that is safe on polished billet wheels

I think Tuf Shine tire cleaner is safe.

I use it a lot and have never seen it harm anything. You could check with someone at the Tuf Shine website.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need tire cleaner to remove brown staining that is safe on polished billet wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think Tuf Shine tire cleaner is safe.

I use it a lot and have never seen it harm anything. You could check with someone at the Tuf Shine website.

Thanks Mike! Will do.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tuf Shine is the best tire cleaner I have used, but I haven't had any bare wheels (that I remember...?) to know what it does to them. This is also a nice solution that is very mild and you may be able to find locally:

Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew, tire cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

I like mckees cleaner and the coating. The bleach white probably does more harm then good like armor-all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I like mckees cleaner and the coating. The bleach white probably does more harm then good like armor-all
    Armor All Tire Gel is a water based dressing... And are your tires going to live long enough for any tire cleaner to do any actual damage? I doubt it.

Post Thanks / Like

The issue isn't what your using on the tires it's the BARE aluminum wheels. Have you thought about sealing them upNeed tire cleaner to remove brown staining that is safe on polished billet wheels

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The issue isn't what your using on the tires it's the BARE aluminum wheels. Have you thought about sealing them upNeed tire cleaner to remove brown staining that is safe on polished billet wheels

What do you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What do you recommend?
    I would try something like 303 Touchless sealant first. Since they're bare aluminum I wouldn't wanna rub anything on there because it's just going to turn black.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Need tire cleaner to remove brown staining that is safe on polished billet wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I would try something like 303 Touchless sealant first. Since they're bare aluminum I wouldn't wanna rub anything on there because it's just going to turn black.

It has to contain abrasives in order to turn black.. A normal lsp i.e. a liquid sealant won’t turn black even if you buff real hard, however typical paint sealants don’t work as good on bare aluminum, and some even tend to dull the finish a bit.

IMO the best solution for him would be Mothers.

Use the Mothers B2B Tire Renew as a ‘waterless’ just as directions state, spray on the tire, let dwell for 15secs. then immediately wipe off with a clean dry towel and it’s done. No rinsing needed which means no tire cleaner getting on the wheels.

It’s among the best tire cleaners out there + it leaves tires clean and black. Doesn’t overdry and make them bloom like some tire cleaners that can be too harsh on certain rubbers.

And for the aluminum wheels: Use Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish. Not only does it work great, but it also leaves behind a respectable layer of protection to keep your polished wheels looking great for longer before needing to be polished again. Once you maintain them regularly re polishing them is very quik and easy, you could even choose to buy yourself a PowerCone to maximize the results and user experience.

And you can find both products locally, just like OP asked for.

11. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast