autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    I have Collinite 846 on the the F150 n was thinking about topping every 8 weeks with #476 (can sitting in my garage)
    You meant 845, right?

I would actually do the opposite. 476 as a base, then top with 845.

Every 8 weeks might be overkill, but there is nothing wrong with overkill IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You meant 845, right?

I would actually do the opposite. 476 as a base, then top with 845.

Every 8 weeks might be overkill, but there is nothing wrong with overkill IMO.
    I agree as it's a pretty known fact that #476 and #915 last WAAAAAY longer than #845 could ever dream of, not even closeI've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I meant 845. I will try what you(Paulmys) mentioned. Thanks
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Should I go with #476 as the base and top with #915 (every 2 months ?). Will be used on my F150

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    Should I go with #476 as the base and top with #915 (every 2 months ?). Will be used on my F150
    Please be aware that below are just my thoughts and you don’t need to follow any of it.

I would go with one or the other, but if you must combine to scratch an itch, 476 as base with 915 on top would be my recommendation. Why? Because: 476 lasts the longest. 915 looks awesome.

Topping every two months with 915 is overkill (could probably do it at 4-5 months, still very conservatively). It won’t hurt though to top 915 at two months, unless it’s streaking or not applying/curing well.

Note that eventually your 476 will wear away, with the topper 915 becoming the dominating or even lone LSP over time (full circle back to my suggestion of using 1 or the other). If you just want to top for the sake of refreshing shine, consider a high quality spray wax such as Pinnacle Souveran Spray instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    it's my go-to long-term sealant if someone wants to go that route vs a coating. downside to it IMO is static and dust attraction.
    You can reduce dust issue by using spray wax or detail spray after wax application.

In case you don't use any spray product after application, dust issue will go away after first wash so usually it doesn't concern me that much.

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Will tackle the F150 with above recommendations (currently it has the 845 on it topped with McKee’s fast wax ( #845 was put on Sept 2018,n wax applied every 2 months, still beading up real nice)
    Been detailing since June 2018 (took Mike P’s class in Medford,NJ last June)so I am a rookie with four vehicles to take care (all 4 listed in my bio have something different on them) and this forum guiding me the whole way

9. Likes acuRAS82, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just did a detail on my new 2018 Black Silverado after the New England winter. Spent a few weeks prior researching coatings and other products. Ended up skipping all that (for a variety of reasons) and used what I had in my cabinet from years ago. After machine correction and polish with Menzerna and some FinishKare by hand, I used my old tin can of 476S all around. Wiped off beautifully and have had great longevity from this product over the years. I topped some highlighted areas with Souveran the next day. I'm happy with the old school way for now.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think about all the products that have come and gone over the last 20 years, the fact that 476/915/845 have not only stood the test of time, but continue to attract new users, is truly a testament to the quality of the products. I am in no way disparaging the new products (I use them and love them just the same) - but rather emphasizing just how good (durable) the Collinite products are, and will always have a place on my shelf. How many products that we use today we will be talking about in 20 years? (probably not too many).

ScottH

12. Thanks Caraman thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Diner, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    If you think about all the products that have come and gone over the last 20 years, the fact that 476/915/845 have not only stood the test of time, but continue to attract new users, is truly a testament to the quality of the products. I am in no way disparaging the new products (I use them and love them just the same) - but rather emphasizing just how good (durable) the Collinite products are, and will always have a place on my shelf. How many products that we use today we will be talking about in 20 years? (probably not too many).

ScottH
    When I read a post like this it makes me wanna go back for a season and just use Collinite on my car. Then I think about the self cleaning abilities of a coated car and i just can't go backwards. I like topping my car and in the past that would include multiple layers of DG products and Aquawax, but I would also apply other products ontop of other products ontop of other products, by hand but know its spray on, hose off, same thing but easier.

I'll never bash anyone for using waxes because a product like #476 and #915 are outstanding...without the hype, something about being in the know, you knowI've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes ScottH liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast