autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAl View Post
    Ya'll can keep your hot new sprays and leave me with my good ol' can of Collinite 476. That is all. Thanks for clicking.
    Amen, Brother David!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Compare the product lineup and marketing behind Collinite to the lineup and marketing behind a company like Chemical Guys.

It’s day and night, yet CG can’t hold a candle to Collinite in durability and protection-the reason why I and many others use it.

The only other product that’s equal to Collinite in protection and Durability is FK1000p. That’s it.

Why look elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I'd add Duragloss 501/601 and 111/601 for the durability list. Clean with 932 and top if desired with AW.

4. Likes Klasse Act, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear that.

For me it's Duragloss (111 CCP).

I believe that one has been around since the 70's or 80's. It just works. There are many that I have liked, but if O was to start over, it would be my only traditional pure sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth, Bobarooski.

I’ve spent most of my life seeking out simplicity in my hobbies and interests. When I first approached getting back into detailing it was kind of overwhelming considering all the new options (2008->2018ish hiatus) available.

Since then I’ve been searching for stuff that “just works” that I can stick with. It’s been proving difficult, but I feel like I’m on the home stretch at this point.

I’m not one to dream of shelves full of products, but maybe one shelf full of stuff that does exactly what I want, with very little redundancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can appreciate that.

One of the first things I noticed in the forums back in 08/09 was the incredible amounts of product in their shelves. I was like that with drum gear. 10 drum sets, necessary hardware packs, over a hundred cymbals...

SUPERFLUOUS.

Today I've sort of resigned myself to a core set of products that will work in a wide variety of situations (Menzerna abrasives / Duragloss sealants), newer items that have piqued my interest (3D One. ACA 500, ACA 520 to come), and a Rupes System.

Things that didn't make the "cut" got the cut.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Ya'll can keep your hot new sprays and leave me with my good ol' can of Collinite 476. That is all. Thanks for clicking.
    So much truth here. People keep talking about how technology in detailing is advancing - but I just see the same stuff with more headaches (coatings) & a significant premium on cost.

For me:

NaviWax Ultimate
    Bilt Hamber Finis

And... even just used Black Ice on my truck with a DA.

8. Likes dlc95, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I hit mine with spray wax as a drying agent weekly, too. Spray wax is OCW+FastWax.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is way cool you like the 845. Me I love the Polish Angel Centurion for my ride for liquid wax. Pinnacle Souveran and Vic's Red for my Paste wax. I do like Menzerna Powerlock for my sealant. Either way all good and great products! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Same here. I hit mine with spray wax as a drying agent weekly, too. Spray wax is OCW+FastWax.
    OCW is so good you could get by with just that. I did for over three years on my Wrangler.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Collinite 846 on the the F150 n was thinking about topping every 8 weeks with #476 (can sitting in my garage)
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast