autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    When I read a post like this it makes me wanna go back for a season and just use Collinite on my car. Then I think about the self cleaning abilities of a coated car and i just can't go backwards. I like topping my car and in the past that would include multiple layers of DG products and Aquawax, but I would also apply other products ontop of other products ontop of other products, by hand but know its spray on, hose off, same thing but easier.

I'll never bash anyone for using waxes because a product like #476 and #915 are outstanding...without the hype, something about being in the know, you knowI've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes Roger Collinite and DG products are the ones that Ialso like the best.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    When I read a post like this it makes me wanna go back for a season and just use Collinite on my car. Then I think about the self cleaning abilities of a coated car and i just can't go backwards. I like topping my car and in the past that would include multiple layers of DG products and Aquawax, but I would also apply other products ontop of other products ontop of other products, by hand but know its spray on, hose off, same thing but easier.

I'll never bash anyone for using waxes because a product like #476 and #915 are outstanding...without the hype, something about being in the know, you knowI've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Self cleaning? I've only used Opticoat, Mr Fix and M37 but I still need to wash my car. Compared to an oily wax or silicone loaded sealant, sure they do better but compared to a good sealant or wax like Collinite, you'll be hard pressed to show a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

The dust and pollen are what are killing me right now. Here in Portland it's raining yellow pollen right now and when I park in a garage downtown my car just attracts dust and is just sticks. Black car, too.

My current regimen is wash, clay, megs uw, up, uw, and uff. Maintenance wash is megs uww and dry using x-press wax.

The dust and pollen just won't blow off...sticks like gum.

I'm wondering if a coating would help me in this regard?

Post Thanks / Like

When I've used TAC System Power Plus paint coating the car just never looked dirty after driving in the rain, even after topping with Moonlight and/or 1 step Master, there is a difference in this respect, no doubt about it. Basically a quality paint coating is going to make your life easier when it comes to how the car looks between carwashes, keep in mind I'm basing this from my old car, a metallic black car!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Thanks JMak97008 thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMak97008 View Post
    The dust and pollen are what are killing me right now. Here in Portland it's raining yellow pollen right now and when I park in a garage downtown my car just attracts dust and is just sticks. Black car, too.

My current regimen is wash, clay, megs uw, up, uw, and uff. Maintenance wash is megs uww and dry using x-press wax.

The dust and pollen just won't blow off...sticks like gum.

I'm wondering if a coating would help me in this regard?
    Coating should help, but won’t lead to perfection. I just applied M37 Hydro Blue after having a Sealant on and the difference of how fast and how much pollen build up is night and day, but... there is still some pollen on the M37 still needs a bath if I want a pollen-less shine.

8. Thanks JMak97008 thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234