autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Correction and coating

I just completed paint correction and coating on my truck. Lots of square feet here. I am pleased with the outcome. Washed, chemical decon, clayed, polished and coated. I found my best combination to be LC thin pro white pads on the 3401, Carpro Reflect as my compound. Really good results, minimal passes, easy wipe down. White is difficult, I looked at it from every direction to check progress. When I was almost done with the correction phase, I was wiping compound off and had one of my towels leave a couple scratches. I really look them over like MP recommends but I missed something. I never could find any contamination in that towel either. I used Gyeon Pure this time which I really think will be a good coating. Real nice application, easy leveling. I left the truck in the shop for 3 full days before moving it. I had 23 hours total in the entire process. Here are some pictures of the results.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241, PaulMys, dlc95, SWETM, BudgetPlan1 and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Correction and coating

Wow! That thing is huge.

Nice work!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes 392hemi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Wow! That thing is huge.

Nice work!
    Thanks, Paul. I have to break it into little pieces in my mind to not get overwhelmed in my little brain. I enjoyed it though.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. Q2 PURE is good stuff. I had it on my Red Sport up until this week. Still have it on my horizontal surfaces with Skin over top of it for slickness and crazy silly hydrophobic water fun. Top PURE with it or even CanCoat to wake up some crazy water behavior and self cleaning/drying results.

Agree though.....lots of real estate on that beauty.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Your truck looks awesome! Great work and write up and pictures!

That's one thing I like about Carpro Reflect is the short working time that it's only needs. I have not used it much but it's interesting me to have a look at Carpro ClearCut. Reflect seems to be a lot like Sonax EX 04-06 in how it's cuts and finishing. Will be fun to testing out Essence and see if it has also the short effective working time that Reflect has. I can see a benefit to when haveing a non-diminishing abrasive to have a long working time and at the same time does cut quick. Otherwise with diminishing abrasives I think long working time is just takeing you longer to break down the abrasives. And that just take you a longer time to get results. So sometimes when it's talking about the long working time on polishes is sounds to me that's not a good thing. I want it work as fast as possible with great results. And if you need to be working a polish or compound for a long time it's like to me that you would be better off with another combo of polish and pads that are a step more aggressive. As in if you need to be doing 6-8 passes per section. But would get the same results with another combo with 3-4 passes per section. And with something like Carpro Reflect and a longthrow polisher you could even be useing less passes like 2-3. Still getting the results as you would with something less aggressive and way more polishing time.

9. Likes joleyred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Will be fun to testing out Essence and see if it has also the short effective working time that Reflect has.
    I use Essence extensively and can say it has a great working time with the right pads. On my Flex I run Hybrid Force pads which seem to absorb the product more and thus create more heat and shorten the working time. I have to run speed 5 or it flashes to a haze and gets too hot and thus hard to wipe off if I don't.

The solution and better results by-far for me are using my Rupes Mille and their Mille pads which are 1/3 the thickness.....really thin pads and then with Essence I can get a super long working time. The composition and type of pad they are doesn't seem to drink up the product and I think overall produces less heat as the product doesn't flash to a haze nor become difficult to wipe off at all. For me it's the way to go. I'm sure with the flex it's a matter of pad choice but I already have a solution thus am not going to worry about it.

Just my experience in hopes that it helps you.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

11. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Wow! That thing is huge.

Nice work!
    That's what she said! Lol

Great job that is a lot of real estate! The fender trim looks a little smeared. Is that the photo or coating?

13. Likes joleyred, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That white looks phenomenal! Great job.

15. Thanks joleyred thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I use Essence extensively and can say it has a great working time with the right pads. On my Flex I run Hybrid Force pads which seem to absorb the product more and thus create more heat and shorten the working time. I have to run speed 5 or it flashes to a haze and gets too hot and thus hard to wipe off if I don't.

The solution and better results by-far for me are using my Rupes Mille and their Mille pads which are 1/3 the thickness.....really thin pads and then with Essence I can get a super long working time. The composition and type of pad they are doesn't seem to drink up the product and I think overall produces less heat as the product doesn't flash to a haze nor become difficult to wipe off at all. For me it's the way to go. I'm sure with the flex it's a matter of pad choice but I already have a solution thus am not going to worry about it.

Just my experience in hopes that it helps you.
    I used the white thin pro pads with reflect and really liked that combo.

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    That's what she said! Lol

Great job that is a lot of real estate! The fender trim looks a little smeared. Is that the photo or coating?
    It actually is kinda funky looking. It is rubber and I can't make anything look good on it. I've scrubbed the crap out of it with those mr clean pads and what I put on it the other day was a thin coat of 303. I just can't figure out how to get them cleaned up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast