autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying to put together few products

Use to be active detailing but been out of the loop. Just bought new truck and don't have the time to leave at a shop for days on end for a coating. But I also can't use my garage as it's a Supercrew F150. So can't do a true coating (and again time). So looking for a spray ceramic that would be good for sun/heat applying and fast cure? And a good topper for it after like a monthly wash. Basically to hold over till maybe towards summer time when I can leave it at a place as I'm getting quotes of days to a week.

Also looking for a good no rinse wash that also won't effect the coating as I'm reading on here and autopia some saying X wash isn't good for that as also leaves a layer after etc.

Also since it's brand new was thinking of just a polish (finishing polish?) again for use outdoors. Heard good things about Griots Fast Cream in that scenario.

Specific quick detailer for that stuff?

Tires maybe something more Matte like in look not glossy bling. Forgot what tire cleaner I used to use as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying to put together few products

McKee’s 37 N-914 is awesome for rinseless/waterless washing. It doesn’t have any additives or gloss enhancers and will keep the true beading properties of your protection product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks quickilverfl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like EcH20 by CarPro for rinsless wash and a qd, tons of quality polishes here but the Griots and Optimum Hyper Polish are 2 of my favorites. My tires are coated now but CarPro PERL at 1/4 solution leaves a nice matte finish

5. Thanks quickilverfl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps give the new Turtle Wax line a look. They have a new spray coating, spray detailer and polish all designed to work together. Plenty of videos on youtube

Hybrid Solutions

McKee's N914 or CarPro Ech20 would be good options for a rinseless wash.

As far as a tire product, CarPro Perl at 1:1 is a good choice.

7. Thanks quickilverfl thanked for this post
    Likes luckydawg, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doubt you would want GG fast correcting anywhere near the paint on your new truck-- hard to believe its in that bad of shape that you would need something as aggressive as that. If for polishing you like the GG line of products, then the perfecting cream is the one probably. If you want to step it up a notch the Car-Pro line of polishes is pretty sweet, look int the reflect. But pretty much all major lines of polishes sold here are top quality or they would not be sold on A.G.O.
    As the guz pointed out- I would look into the new line of Turtle Wax, my exp. with their new stuff is that they are VERY good products

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    Doubt you would want GG fast correcting anywhere near the paint on your new truck-- hard to believe its in that bad of shape that you would need something as aggressive as that. If for polishing you like the GG line of products, then the perfecting cream is the one probably. If you want to step it up a notch the Car-Pro line of polishes is pretty sweet, look int the reflect. But pretty much all major lines of polishes sold here are top quality or they would not be sold on A.G.O.
    As the guz pointed out- I would look into the new line of Turtle Wax, my exp. with their new stuff is that they are VERY good products
    Ahhh maybe it was the perfecting cream? Yeah basically just a light/finishing polish beforehand to prep. It's Magnetic Metallic (5.0 Platinum) so it hides swirls and dirt etc very well, but changes colors depending on sun, can look very deep and glossy or in full sun it's a brighter metallic shine. Going to supercharge it, beastmode, lol.

My problem is doesn't fit in a garage, I've never actually seen any house in South FL able to fit something that size unless a custom build with garage with lifts in mind. So I really wanted to do a ceramic but eventually I'll take to a shop here since it can takes days on end with quotes I got and has to be indoors. So that's why I'm looking for stuff that's outdoor friendly for applying.

I'll check out the TW stuff, yeah basically just looking for a si02 spray I guess and then a topper to maintain it? Si02 as well for that hydrophobic effect vs something like Aquawax which is what I used to use as a maintenance topper. Still have some autogeek stuff in garage lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have a truck exactly like yours and mine fits in my standard 2 car garage

In my opinion- and I probably will take heat for it-- but coatings ( true coatings) are BIG time over rated

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    I have a truck exactly like yours and mine fits in my standard 2 car garage

In my opinion- and I probably will take heat for it-- but coatings ( true coatings) are BIG time over rated
    South FL garages are weird, when I'm up north my friends garages are massive both length and height wise. I barely have height clearance in mine for the truck and bed sticks put past the door lol. Friends just bought about an 8k sqft house here, 4 garages, can't fit a truck or their long wheel base Denali in them lol.

I actually like the ceramic coatings, super popular here with our weather and friends have had them done. So much easier cleaning or even light wash monthly. I just don't have the time to leave the truck right now for that prep. So sadly it'll be outside 24/7

Post Thanks / Like

I live in central Fl.

Post Thanks / Like

So do I
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast