autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

question about hydro blue and ceramic coating (traditional)

hey all,

long time since I've been back here and boy how things have changed eh? clay mitts, iron remover, ceramic coatings being accessible for everyone? whole new world heh.

anyways I'm finally going to get a chance to do my own car full stop from. start to finish. I'm doing a full detail starting with a strip wash, iron remover, clay, two stage polish and coating.

question:

given I'll be polishing with menzerna 2400 (formerly SIP) and 3500 (formerly 106ff), am I okay to use Hydro Blue concentrate afterwards 4:1 OR given that I've done all the work already, should I apply a traditional ceramic coating via suede+sponge and use Hydro blue afterwards?

I'm excited to try hydro blue but want to know if it'll play and layer with a traditional coating?

for the first time ever I won't be using a sealant or wax in favour of coating or hydro blue so that's why I'm asking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    AP Auto Detailing & Car Care
    "Care, Pride, Passion"
    Serving the Greater Toronto Area 24/7, 365.
    Direct e-mail: info@apautodetailing.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Re: question about hydro blue and ceramic coating (traditional)

Quote Originally Posted by m4gician View Post
    hey all,

long time since I've been back here and boy how things have changed eh? clay mitts, iron remover, ceramic coatings being accessible for everyone? whole new world heh.

anyways I'm finally going to get a chance to do my own car full stop from. start to finish. I'm doing a full detail starting with a strip wash, iron remover, clay, two stage polish and coating.

question:

given I'll be polishing with menzerna 2400 (formerly SIP) and 3500 (formerly 106ff), am I okay to use Hydro Blue concentrate afterwards 4:1 OR given that I've done all the work already, should I apply a traditional ceramic coating via suede+sponge and use Hydro blue afterwards?

I'm excited to try hydro blue but want to know if it'll play and layer with a traditional coating?

for the first time ever I won't be using a sealant or wax in favour of coating or hydro blue so that's why I'm asking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't. Hydro wont last so long. Not as long for sure as a traditional coating. We use wet coat here on equipment only. Dozens. Track loaders. Etc. Vehicles get the real deal. Make sure and panel wipe before you apply the coating.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: question about hydro blue and ceramic coating (traditional)

Put on a traditional coating first and then use Hydroblue as a maintenance topper every few months.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app