autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    I know some people...friends, family and others....who will absolutely pay through the nose for what they consider to be "the best", in practically any and all facets. If they perceive something to be the best, they'll pay top dollar for it. Luckily, I've always been more of a "best VALUE" kind of guy when it comes to consumer products, goods, services, events, etc., and look for the best price relative to performance. Thankfully, we usually have several options. And personally...I won't accept poor service myself....but there are some people who still will put up with it IF they perceive that what they are getting is "the best". Doesn't make much sense to me, but hey....everybody is different and to each their own.
    I really have to agree.

I have found what I love to use, and at the price point I am willing to pay.

I also have no problem using these products Bi-annually. In fact, I rather look forward to it and enjoy the entire process.

No offense to all the starstruck members trying the new stuff, (I mean that respectively, and completely get the benefits of such) but I'll stick with what I like, looks the best to me upon completion, and has ease of use.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

No totally agree with above statements and I dont feel paying $100 fo a 500ml bottle of spritz that I’ll use monthly and will give 2 plus years of use is a fair investment. I know it’s way not needed but I have a problem “topping” and figure on average $4 a month, for my personal car, is well worth it.

I feel PA spritz’s out performs most cheaper sio2 toppers. If I were using for professional use price/value would be different for me.

When I ordered it was quick, professional and quick responses. If I were to receive the current service (lack their of) I would not order from PA again. Still may not. May look into other premium manufacturers.

I was just addressing the expensive/overpriced aspect. If it’s less than 5$ a month vs 1 a month to me.... not that big off a deal. I’ll buy one less Starbucks a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    I know some people...friends, family and others....who will absolutely pay through the nose for what they consider to be "the best", in practically any and all facets. If they perceive something to be the best, they'll pay top dollar for it. Luckily, I've always been more of a "best VALUE" kind of guy when it comes to consumer products, goods, services, events, etc., and look for the best price relative to performance. Thankfully, we usually have several options. And personally...I won't accept poor service myself....but there are some people who still will put up with it IF they perceive that what they are getting is "the best". Doesn't make much sense to me, but hey....everybody is different and to each their own.
    You hit the nail on the head when you said perception.

Sometimes all it takes is attractive packaging, strategic marketing, and good enough chemistry.

5. Likes Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn’t all that impressed with PA any way. I found it to be just OK in fancy packaging. It’s a huge shame how terrible their customer service currently is.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

7. Likes pwoptima liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally received my PA order. Never received shipping notification and my online account still shows it being as "unfulfilled". Ha.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol one mans treasure. I thought the packaging was cheap. Plastic bottles made to look like glass. Cheap labels. No fancy advertisements. I only ordered Cosmic spritz and felt nothing except overcoat came close in all the sio2 sealants I’ve used. Beautiful deep gloss and nothing near as hydrophobic. To each his own.

Price doesn’t make right. If I thought that woulda bought a Rupes over my boss. For my use the boss is where value and quality met for me. No problem spending more on the Rupes but I didn’t see value. Most sio2 sealants are $50 to $65 for 32oz. I feel I can get just as many coats from a 500 ml bottle and more durability and WAY better hydrophobics than the others out their. If I get better protection and water behavior for $50 more than cure or reload.... better value.... for me.

Above poster who wasn’t impressed with PA.... what did you use and what do you personally feel was a better value/not overpriced?

10. Likes BudgetPlan1, Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Rapidwaxx over Wolfgang Fuzion. One brand that stands out to me as not overpriced is Collinite. Although I don’t use it,I feel that probably takes the award for best valued.

Several brands are priced high but I rationalize it and attribute it to just being the cost to participate in this hobby and so I continue to pay most of the time.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

12. Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you guys, if I like it, it works, and easy to use, I will buy it! If it is pricey, I would use it to "spoil" my car a couple times a year, if it isnt, I'll use it on my car and on family and friend's. I am a loyal person and will stand by a company through price hikes only if they remain loyal to me with great customer service and quality products. I've had issues with Polish Angel's durability expectations, looks, and now customers service. I'm not saying their products are bad, they have made my cars look great, but the lack of customer service out weighs their product's performance. I'm currently on the search for my brand of choice. So far Mckees and Griots have not let me down and their customer service is outstanding, I'm just waiting for that product with the "WOW" factor. Hopefully Polish Angel reads this and changes their focus to its customers!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Lol one mans treasure. I thought the packaging was cheap. Plastic bottles made to look like glass. Cheap labels. No fancy advertisements. I only ordered Cosmic spritz and felt nothing except overcoat came close in all the sio2 sealants I’ve used. Beautiful deep gloss and nothing near as hydrophobic. To each his own.

Price doesn’t make right. If I thought that woulda bought a Rupes over my boss. For my use the boss is where value and quality met for me. No problem spending more on the Rupes but I didn’t see value. Most sio2 sealants are $50 to $65 for 32oz. I feel I can get just as many coats from a 500 ml bottle and more durability and WAY better hydrophobics than the others out their. If I get better protection and water behavior for $50 more than cure or reload.... better value.... for me.
    I’m with you. The packaging, including sprayers and bottles are not fancy or good. To me, PA has a special look beyond what better value products can deliver... and I have a LOT of products. I like most of them for different reasons. I like PA for the reason of making a prepared surface look that extra bit special... and I agree that an ounce of PA seems to go a lot further than good value SiO2 sprays. To each their own.

I just ordered from PA because I’m an enthusiast and I don’t care when my 500ml bottle arrives. I would find these service issues painful if I was a professional who needed to restock in a timely, consistent matter. Luckily I have plenty of stuff to use on my 2 cars plus family/friends cars in the meantime

15. Thanks 2011 302 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I used Rapidwaxx over Wolfgang Fuzion. One brand that stands out to me as not overpriced is Collinite. Although I don’t use it,I feel that probably takes the award for best valued.

Several brands are priced high but I rationalize it and attribute it to just being the cost to participate in this hobby and so I continue to pay most of the time.
    With wax I would agree. I used some kinda $90 dollar tin a few years ago and like my megs OTC better. I’ve thought about black wolfenite then always think back. That’s why I moved to sealants and now coatings

With sio2 sealants looks can be close but the difference is in the performance.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast