autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Wiper Blade

Quote Originally Posted by North1Star View Post
    Guys is this going to turn into muscle cars conversation?
    You can continue your discussion through PM’s
    Not much else to add to the original question since it's a pretty basic topic. The only real add would be to ditch rubber blades all together and go silicon. Better all around. Inserts are often in the $7 to $12 range so cleaning beyond a simple wipe while washing is really pointless. Strip then coat the windshield and buy new inserts and be done with it until the inserts need replaced again. You'll save time, money and headache every day.

Even on my customer vehicles, I budget the cost of new inserts into the glass coating should they opt for an all-glass surface treatment. It's just not worth stripping and coating their windshield only to find the weak link is the blade they may or may not be aware of or willing / capable of replacing, so I do it and am then a solid 100% assured they will enjoy the treatment going forward. All issues going forward will be resolved for less than the cost of 20 minutes of my time. That's priceless to me. On more occasions than not I will get compliments after a rain storm via text from my customers. It's outstanding when it's 6-9 months after the the detail too. If they opt only for a front/rear glass treatment I won't do it but I will advise they do.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes SWETM, PaulMys, 392hemi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Not much else to add to the original question since it's a pretty basic topic. The only real add would be to ditch rubber blades all together and go silicon. Better all around. Inserts are often in the $7 to $12 range so cleaning beyond a simple wipe while washing is really pointless. Strip then coat the windshield and buy new inserts and be done with it until the inserts need replaced again. You'll save time, money and headache every day.

Even on my customer vehicles, I budget the cost of new inserts into the glass coating should they opt for an all-glass surface treatment. It's just not worth stripping and coating their windshield only to find the weak link is the blade they may or may not be aware of or willing / capable of replacing, so I do it and am then a solid 100% assured they will enjoy the treatment going forward. All issues going forward will be resolved for less than the cost of 20 minutes of my time. That's priceless to me. On more occasions than not I will get compliments after a rain storm via text from my customers. It's outstanding when it's 6-9 months after the the detail too. If they opt only for a front/rear glass treatment I won't do it but I will advise they do.
    Wow that is very smart! I would never have thought to include new blades with a windshield coating. This ensures no problems or issues and optimal performance!

I do think some of the best safety and upgrades to any vehicle for everyday driving are better wipers and better performing tires.

4. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McKees 37 tire and rubber cleaner works excellent on wiper blades.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123